Hannah Half-a-Tale....

NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
Forum Member
✭✭
Hannah Barrett really went for the sob story last night - the fact her dad died and her mother threw her out.

However, anyone who choses so blatantly to wash their truly dirty linen in public should not be surpried it that same public expect to see that dirty linen through to the tumble-dry.

Why exactly did her mother through her out? Why tell only half a tale?

I suspect she is quite a calculating little schemer trying to milk the public for undeserved sympathy. I'm on to her.

Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe that's the journey... mother-daughter reconciliation and forgiveness and all that... but i like her performance of "read all about it"
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Whatever happens parent shouldn't throw out their kids to fend for themselves...

You can see whatever you want to in that but whatever the tale is if the mom really did throw her out then she's awful.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wants to be seen as the nation's sweetheart... Expect the "poor me" routine throughout. She seems to think that sympathy will get her the title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I felt bit sorry for her actually..Losing her dad at she must ve been 15 :(
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not buying it, not saying she's a lier but her sob story shouldn't give her the win, however she was one of the better singers in recent years
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I felt bit sorry for her actually..Losing her dad at she must ve been 15 :(

Quite agree with you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compaired to a lot of people on here my comments are very mild to say the least.
  • CandyCoatedCandyCoated Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Not falling for it either. People usually only get kicked out for doing something quite extreme at home. She was also trying way too hard to come across as the sweet innocent, putting on that dainty little voice when she said 'hello' and interacted with the judges. I hate talking like this about someone I don't know but I can only go off what I see and hear, and she rubbed me up the wrong way, her voice was average.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah was superb, and will stroll her way through to the final.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Whatever happens parent shouldn't throw out their kids to fend for themselves...

You can see whatever you want to in that but whatever the tale is if the mom really did throw her out then she's awful.

Unfortunately this is a common case in most families in South London, particularly Croydon. :sleep:

I'm not going to openly discuss anything as she was involved in a number of things at School, but who could blame her my year group was a complete mess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is a common case in most families in South London, particularly Croydon. :sleep:

And you have direct knowledge of this do you?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    And you have direct knowledge of this do you?

Yes I do lol. I know several people who have been kicked out of their homes but that's only down to the person committing an extreme act of some sort.

I do however hope Hannah progresses at least she's making use of her talent, I can't say the same about some other people...
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    She was a good but not fantastic singer. That's all I care about to be honest.
  • Blowpop27Blowpop27 Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Wow, be quick to judge why not

You have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I have worked in homelessness for nearly 20 years and kids being kicked out happens everyday. Some people are just not equipped to be decent parents.

The question should be - no matter what, do you kick your child out aged 17 to fend for themselves? She has obviously had a crappy time and insinuating she is a liar is a little harsh IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Yes I do lol. I know several people who have been kicked out of their homes but that's only down to the person committing an extreme act of some sort.

I do however hope Hannah progresses at least she's making use of her talent, I can't say the same about some other people...

And that is exactly what she is trying to do.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,486
    Forum Member
    What a nasty thing to start a thead about.

I only hope that the OP never gets to face any tragedy in their lives.

Walk a mile in my shoes etc...........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    What a nasty thing to start a thead about.

I only hope that the OP never gets to face any tragedy in their lives.

Walk a mile in my shoes etc...........

Could'nt agree with you more.
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    My friend who has the same name was embarrassed for her.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    You do know its against T&CS to abuse a fellow forum member? :rolleyes:

Somebody did it yesterday too to me and someone else - why only quote the T&Cs when you feel the argument is against you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    She did play the sob story really well last nite. I think taht Silver rock girls are the best along with Luke B. Less sob stories please!!! Also Sam is contrived a story as shes a professional singer for like 10 years on cruise boats and yet is in the papers dreaming of being a singer!!

Make it abotu the music. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    Hannah Barrett really went for the sob story last night - the fact her dad died and her mother threw her out.

However, anyone who choses so blatantly to wash their truly dirty linen in public should not be surpried it that same public expect to see that dirty linen through to the tumble-dry.

Why exactly did her mother through her out? Why tell only half a tale?

I suspect she is quite a calculating little schemer trying to milk the public for undeserved sympathy. I'm on to her.

for all we know she could`ve gone into more detail, and it was edited down to the short story that was aired,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did play the sob story really well last nite. I think taht Silver rock girls are the best along with Luke B. Less sob stories please!!! Also Sam is contrived a story as shes a professional singer for like 10 years on cruise boats and yet is in the papers dreaming of being a singer!!

Make it abotu the music. :D

So you just want the contestants to come on, and know no details about them? The viewing figures would drop in their droves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    So you just want the contestants to come on, and know no details about them? The viewing figures would drop in their droves.

I never said that did i? I said stop making lies about how someone is not a singer and they dream of this every day in thier boring day job only to find out they are a professional singer for like 10 years!!

I like to learn about these people through the show yeas but not all the fakery to boost certain peoples standing. shes not susand boyle and they are just looking for that.

I think viewing figures would rise this year if we had some talented people come on and stop lying and sobbing their way to the finals. With the shows insiders telling them what to say and how to get through.

Tell me you like all taht? serously? lol
  • Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody did it yesterday too to me and someone else - why only quote the T&Cs when you feel the argument is against you?

What argument? I haven't given any opinion on the girl at all. I don't like seeing people being verbally attacked because they don't happen to hold the same opinion. Problem?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said that did i? I said stop making lies about how someone is not a singer and they dream of this every day in thier boring day job only to find out they are a professional singer for like 10 years!!

I like to learn about these people through the show yeas but not all the fakery to boost certain peoples standing. shes not susand boyle and they are just looking for that.

I think viewing figures would rise this year if we had some talented people come on and stop lying and sobbing their way to the finals. With the shows insiders telling them what to say and how to get through.

Tell me you like all taht? serously? lol

Unfortunately its the producers that call the shots. The contestants dont really have much say in the matter. The questions are too intrusive at times, ala last night with Hanna, but i guess that's never going to change.