CEX wrong item

chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I ordered something on CEX online last week and they sent the wrong item and will not reply to emails. have gone into shop but they wont give my money back because online is nothing to do with them. what should i do?
i dont know how or why they cant seem to send the right items. its happened before. why cant they employ people who know stuff?seems half the staff are teenagers

Comments

• MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under the Distance Selling Act you have 7 days to fire off a letter rejecting the goods. Don't delay. Use recorded delivery. Request a Returns Authorisation number and address to send it to. Also contact Trading Standards.

One small point. Make sure you provided a correct, working email address. I've had a few customers whinging in public about my company and it turned out that they'd given an incorrect address, or their mailbox was full, or our replies were being trapped by their ISP's spam filter. (Check your spam folder and ask your ISP.)
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under the Distance Selling Act you have 7 days to fire off a letter rejecting the goods. Don't delay. Use recorded delivery. Request a Returns Authorisation number and address to send it to. Also contact Trading Standards.

Thankyou
  • varialectiovarialectio Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they've sent the wrong item, you should reject it on those grounds, not by citing DSR. Under those circumstances of a failure to fulfil the contract the 7 day limit does not apply and they are responsible for all carriage costs.