Options

Sky GAA broadcasting deal

Oscar_CourtneyOscar_Courtney Posts: 46
Forum Member
Having read a few of the press releases, about the Sky GAA deal, it's not been made clear as to how Sky will show their 20 matches. Will they be available on a basic Sky sub, a Sky Sports sub, or a pay per view offering. Does anyone out there know, or do we have to wait and see?

Comments

• Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Sports 3, so you'll need to have a Sky Sports subscription if you want to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's grand. I've a Sky Sports sub. Strangely I was considering letting it elapse, because of the Champions League, but I'll probably keep it now.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other discussion thread about the GAA rights is in Broadcasting - http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1945941
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GAA, Sky are scraping the bottom of the Barrel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very cutting! Game, set and match to you Danny Boy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »
    Both Hurling and Football are great sports, I'm sure if people started watching it in Britain it would catch on - for christ sake even American Football/Baseball caught on and that's terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more Irishfeen. Ignorance can be very debilitating. When I first came over to Manchester I was very certain that cricket was a game for girls and Rugby (League and Union) was a game for neanderthals who lacked the requisite skills to play soccer. I now realise that those opinions are wrong and that both cricket and rugby (both codes) are superb sports!
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why?

Because YOU don't like a sport, no one else is allowed to watch it?
  • Options
    wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True mate.
    Only another excuse to increase subs.
    Sky really are getting desperate that they have to buy up that joke of a sport.
    Next will be Aussie Rules.
    God heip us.
    Sky lost Champions League,gaa replaces it LOL
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    for christ sake even American Football/Baseball caught on and that's terrible.
    Hey! Watch your mouth! Baseball is crap, I'll agree, but American Football is a mix of rugby and chess and is a very interesting sport once you get into it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Hey! Watch your mouth! Baseball is crap, I'll agree, but American Football is a mix of rugby and chess and is a very interesting sport once you get into it!
    Ah Patrick, its brutal to watch as a spectator - stop/play for about 10 seconds/stop/break/watch them for 10 seconds/break .... its s.hite to watch, not saying its a bad sport though - Cricket is there for that :p