The Only Way is Essex

Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
Forum Member
Is anyone watching this crazy programme? I'm not sure if it's real or what? do those people really LOOK like that? :eek: and the girl with the dark hair, Amy I think, she Looks Sounds and dresses like Jordan? is she related? :eek:

Comments

• jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im loving it
    i dont like that its only half hour it should be an hour
    i love becky, laurens friend
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched a bit of episode one (the PC turned off by itself halfway through!) but I loved it :D

However, i'm a little confused...is it acting or what? It looks like acting but apparently its 'a real life soap' :confused:
  • sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it. Not quite sure why I did. Horrified fascination I think.

Did that girl actually not know who 'writes dictionaries'?

Her deadpan confusion and bewilderment when she found out that 'Essex Girl' was not a compliment was hilarious, as was her sublime ignorance of what a dictionary really was - and who wrote dictionaries.

Her 'as 'e ever bin to Essex then?" question made me splutter with laughter.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    I watched it. Not quite sure why I did. Horrified fascination I think.

Me too, It came on after something else I was watching, and I found myself just sitting there...absolutely mesmorised :eek: the hair, the polished faces, the outifts, it was all so HIGH maintenance... :cool: where DO they find the time.. lol lol lol

p.s. the Lipstick sales in Essex must be alarmingly high.. every one of them had LAYERS of the stuff, is this in order to catch a bloke, and stick to him.. lol lol
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    how orange was laurens friend? more the face though the neck was white :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and the fake eyelashes, and bum-skimming skirts....:eek:

The only thing that kind of bothered me was my overwhelming urge to stomp over the Lauren and hiss, 'dignity girl, dignity!" as she sat transfixed by her ex's swaggering showing off at that club, hissing into her Pina Colada before erupting into a truly cringe-making screech scene in front of the entire club.

Then I realised I was talking to a TV set :o
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    ...and the fake eyelashes, and bum-skimming skirts....:eek:

The only thing that kind of bothered me was my overwhelming urge to stomp over the Lauren and hiss, 'dignity girl, dignity!" as she sat transfixed by her ex's swaggering showing off at that club, hissing into her Pina Colada before erupting into a truly cringe-making screech scene in front of the entire club.

Then I realised I was talking to a TV set :o

you weren't alone Honey, I cringed at that too, all seemed very staged though... :cool:

do these people have real feelings or what? Does Lauren truly love that Mark bloke? if so, when he was offering marraige and a future, why not take it, even if it's rubbish.. becuase she's not moving on either is SHE??? lol lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    you weren't alone Honey, I cringed at that too, all seemed very staged though... :cool:

do these people have real feelings or what? Does Lauren truly love that Mark bloke? if so, when he was offering marraige and a future, why not take it, even if it's rubbish.. becuase she's not moving on either is SHE??? lol lol

I dunno! :D I think they're all clueless and live in a fantasy world. The only one who talked sense was that grandmother of Mark's - or Nan - giving out her sound advice as she ironed his shirts!
    :eek:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A quick use of the 'search' function reveals this to be the 7th thread regarding this programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I HATE this program!

I live in Essex, although I live in North Essex not around where they live and we're nothing like that!! It was awful to watch and as I'm the same age as those guys it just gives us an awful image!

No, we don't talk like that or act like that, if you come to Essex don't expect to find people like that as you wont easily.

The people in this show are not how people in Essex are!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    Me too, It came on after something else I was watching, and I found myself just sitting there...absolutely mesmorised :eek: the hair, the polished faces, the outifts, it was all so HIGH maintenance... :cool: where DO they find the time.. lol lol lol

p.s. the Lipstick sales in Essex must be alarmingly high.. every one of them had LAYERS of the stuff, is this in order to catch a bloke, and stick to him.. lol lol

How would you manage to eat wearing layers of lipstick? I'm sure food would probably taste of it :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lukey89 wrote: »
    I HATE this program!

I live in Essex, although I live in North Essex not around where they live and we're nothing like that!! It was awful to watch and as I'm the same age as those guys it just gives us an awful image!

No, we don't talk like that or act like that, if you come to Essex don't expect to find people like that as you wont easily.

I think most people know that, although it must be galling for you to watch this. I do have friends from Essex and they are nothing like that. I do know others who are, although they now live in Brighton.
  • 80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    I HATE this program!

I live in Essex , Romford to be precise , and you've only got to go to Romford on a saturday and MOST of the girls look and sound like that. The slim girl with the cheekbones , she sounds exactly like the Essex girls age range 15-21
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE this program!

I live and work in Brentwood where most of the show is set and I can honestly say I've never met anyone remotely like anyone in that programme. I know there are some people like that but they're a small % of the population here.

I'm actually embarassed that anyone might think those brain dead, orange fools represent me and mine,
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how orange was laurens friend? more the face though the neck was white :D

i love her/becky
    dont b horrible!!!
    shes sooooooo fit
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE this program!

Apparently the media's idea of Essex is Ilford and Loughton, which are really part of London. Somewhere like Maldon is completely different.
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught a bit of this on +1, was I seeing things or were there women sitting in a bath of fish? If so, whats all that about? Is it mean to be some sort of beauty treatment? Were the fish algae eaters? lol
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

I'm from the Essex/London borders originally - sadly I'm afraid a lot of people from Brentwood/Romford/Billericay etc are EXACTLY like that. Thick and plastic.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Just caught a bit of this on +1, was I seeing things or were there women sitting in a bath of fish? If so, whats all that about? Is it mean to be some sort of beauty treatment? Were the fish algae eaters? lol

Its an exfoliating type of beauty treatment - the fish eat the dead skin. Its usually just for the feet. There is a shop just for this in Hornchurch, just down the road from them.

Ah, the joys of Essex!
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I'm from the Essex/London borders originally - sadly I'm afraid a lot of people from Brentwood/Romford/Billericay etc are EXACTLY like that. Thick and plastic.

To be fair, the Sugar Hut crowd are a specious all to themselves. I dont even think Jodie Marsh goes there anymore.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    To be fair, the Sugar Hut crowd are a specious all to themselves. I dont even think Jodie Marsh goes there anymore.

Well there's always Faces - they even have a hotel next door now (it rents rooms by the hour!)
  • Presto ShinkoPresto Shinko Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its an exfoliating type of beauty treatment - the fish eat the dead skin. Its usually just for the feet. There is a shop just for this in Hornchurch, just down the road from them.

Ah, the joys of Essex!

Thanks for the info. :)
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Well there's always Faces - they even have a hotel next door now (it rents rooms by the hour!)

:eek: With my best Essex inflection...nooo way!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True. As I've already said, I live and work in Brentwood and I've never met anyone like that in my life. But then I've never been to Sugar Hut, nor wanted to. Give me The Teris Bar and The Gardeners any day over that dump.

Best thing that ever happened to Brentwood was Sugar Hut burning down - shame they reopened the place.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I grew up in Brentwood.

Back in my day, the Sugar Hut was more of an indie-rock-pub, called TJ's. It was trying to compete with The Castle, which the Sam's crowd have also stolen.....
This discussion has been closed.