Options

Jade Richards Has Signed An Album Deal

MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good news for Jade as Reported in the Scottish press as follows.

X Factor hopeful Jade Richards has managed to bag an album deal — despite crashing out of the competition at the weekend.

The 23-year-old from Fife was booted off the show at the judges’ houses stage by Nicole Scherzinger on Sunday night.

But the singer has scooped a deal with a Glasgow-based record label, The Boombox, to produce her first album.

Producers at the label have previously worked with global megastars, including Muse, Radiohead and Michael Jackson.

Comments

• Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for her. I don't rate her much, but its nice that she's finally getting a shot.
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wonder why they didn't sign her up the first two times
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not my style of singer but good for her :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Boss of the company she has signed for is John McLaughlin I am sure he used to work with the Fame Academy show.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? An X Factor reject has signed to a label so obscure, you never would have heard the name before?!
    This literally means nothing. So many X Factor rejects get signed like this, but nothing ever comes of it. Any music they put out never goes anywhere because such a label has neither the money nor resources to secure decent promotion, and on top of that actually get decent song writers to put forward work.
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to accept it's never going to happen for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vashetti wrote: »
    She needs to accept it's never going to happen for her.

She has signed an Album deal lets see how many of this years lot get a deal.
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Good for Jade, hope it works out well for her. :)
  • Options
    whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Good on her, would really love to hear what sort of music she decides to go for. I'd love to see her succeed down a different path from the X Factor. I know there's loads of people from shows like this who have flopped with different labels but hope it works out for her.
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really interested in seeing how this goes, with the right songs she could produce a good album.
  • Options
    wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're all deluded.
  • Options
    Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    You're all deluded.

Is wishing someone well a delusion now? :p
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eve Elle wrote: »
    Good for Jade, hope it works out well for her. :)

So do I. I think she should have got through last year instead of Janet Devlin, who turned out to be a bit of a damp squib.
  • Options
    bratwurztbratwurzt Posts: 2,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully she will finally go away and stop coming back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    You're all deluded.

Who is being deluded? From what I can see, people are just happy that she is getting a chance to put some music out there! :)

I don't think anyone expects Jade to be the next big thing, but I personally think it's nice that she's getting a platform to put some songs out there for the people who have supported her, maybe make a small amount of money while she's at it. Even if she only sells ten copies, at least she has something cool to look back on. I'm not going to buy anything she ever releases, but I'm sure a few people out there would be interested.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    The Boss of the company she has signed for is John McLaughlin I am sure he used to work with the Fame Academy show.

it is a new independent company and according to the media
    Mr McLaughlin has written and produced seven number ones and more than 25 top 10 singles worldwide.

In his 30-year career, he has worked with bands including Busted, Westlife and Blue, and has marketed The Boombox.
    good luck to her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Booty luv wrote: »
    I'm really interested in seeing how this goes, with the right songs she could produce a good album.

She will eat into any profits I'm sure
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    She will eat into any profits I'm sure

how mature of you.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Good for her.....im sure that if Melanie Mc gets signed up also....her ever growing fanbase might lighten up and realise its not about the winning, it's that she took part in the competition and showed off her talent to folks that cared and wanted her signed up asap:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    daffydi11 wrote: »
    how mature of you.

You're too kind
  • Options
    sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Co-incidentally he manages (managed up until this weekend perhaps?) Sam Callahan!

Maybe signing Jade to replace what he has now lost?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member

hes a famous song writer too....wrote when the lights go out (5ive) queen of my heart (westlife) and quite a few 911 songs
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Who is being deluded? From what I can see, people are just happy that she is getting a chance to put some music out there! :)

I don't think anyone expects Jade to be the next big thing, but I personally think it's nice that she's getting a platform to put some songs out there for the people who have supported her, maybe make a small amount of money while she's at it. Even if she only sells ten copies, at least she has something cool to look back on.I'm not going to buy anything she ever releases, but I'm sure a few people out there would be interested.

wow, what a horrible thing to say:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    wow, what a horrible thing to say:mad:

:confused: Why is it horrible? I'm not going to buy her stuff, she doesn't interest me at all!

I think your post is quite a weird one, I just wrote a whole thing wishing her luck, but you take it as a bad thing because I'm not going to buy it? :confused: