Options

Up To 18 Housemates Split Into 2 Bedrooms?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
Forum Member
✭✭
According to today's Sun a record number of people auditioned for this series. They say up to 18 housemates could be "installed" (installed!? lol) in this years house and split into 2 bedrooms.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to today's Sun a record number of people auditioned for this series. They say up to 18 housemates could be "installed" (installed!? lol) in this years house and split into 2 bedrooms.

Didnt they say lastyear that there was going to be two houses or something. I think this would be a good idea but im waiting in anticipation to see if it comes off :D
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's last year's rumour re-hashed.

May come true if they keep printing it year after year, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBDodge wrote:
    That's last year's rumour re-hashed.

May come true if they keep printing it year after year, though.

You could be right. Personally dont know if i really like the idea though although i dont suppose i can really comment until it actually happens. The press seem to repeat all the rumours from the previous years and nothing seems to come of them. How i hate that :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah. I did mean to add take it with a pinch of salt but forgot. "2 Houses" seems to be the new "this year there will be a transexual". Which means it probably will happen in another 4 years time. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it "this year there will be a transvestite". QUOTE]

Oh how interesting! For goodness sake give us something new BB. They cant possibly be hanging onto the success of Nadia could they? :yawn:
  • Options
    GREATGUYGREATGUY Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they would go for 18 hms, its too many. the majoirty of viewers would just find it too confusing trying to work out whos who and probobly switch of.

Even with two house's or some sort of divide its too many, id say max of 14 should go in for the first night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GREATGUY wrote:
    I dont think they would go for 18 hms, its too many. the majoirty of viewers would just find it too confusing trying to work out whos who and probobly switch of.

Even with two house's or some sort of divide its too many, id say max of 14 should go in for the first night

I would find 18 HM to hard on my poor little brain. I couldnt possibly keep up. Its hard enough with the normal amount of HM at the best of times :D
  • Options
    whitewitchwhitewitch Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 bedrooms isn't 2 houses, is it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    blackglovesblackgloves Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think there is two house's, but it would be good if they did do that. They would obviously split in half, and they would each be told the same things...

- The other group dont know your here
    - The other group think their guinne pigs
    - But they can watch each other through blacked out windows, and a live stream.

Then on the following Fri, they all become merged.?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think there is two house's, but it would be good if they did do that. They would obviously split in half, and they would each be told the same things...

- The other group dont know your here
    - The other group think their guinne pigs
    - But they can watch each other through blacked out windows, and a live stream.

Then on the following Fri, they all become merged.?

Now that would be interesting. The two groups would bond then stick them together now that would cause conflict for sure
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS says C4 has confirmed 16 h/m this year and show starts on May16 :D Starting on a Thursday :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

An old timer recalls: when I was a gel BB had seperate bed chambers for the young ladies and gentlemen as it would have been scandalous to have expected them to
    sleep in the same room. Likewise, they were not expected to shower in public and no footage was ever used of them in the water closet.
    Such innocent times. :o

Of course, the way Nicola and Craig made paintings of their naked bodies and Sada urinated in the garden, paved the way for the general debauchery that followed.After that the gloves were off. As were all the outer garments and undergarments. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SinSeer wrote:
    An old timer recalls: when I was a gel BB had seperate bed chambers for the young ladies and gentlemen as it would have been scandalous to have expected them to
    sleep in the same room. Likewise, they were not expected to shower in public and no footage was ever used of them in the water closet.
    Such innocent times. :o

Of course, the way Nicola and Craig made paintings of their naked bodies and Sada urinated in the garden, paved the way for the general debauchery that followed.After that the gloves were off. As were all the outer garments and undergarments. ;):D

HAHA Nicola and Craig.......found memories! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 bedrooms isn't 2 houses, is it?

No. But unless there is some sort of divide I doubt they'd revert back to the 2 bedroom setup.

DS says C4 has confirmed 16 h/m this year and show starts on May16 Starting on a Thursday

Since when has DS been gospel?

Contrary to popular belief, as far as I'm aware Channel 4 actually haven't confirmed anything. Channel 4 news is provided by ITN. ITN - like everyone else probably picked the story up form either 'The Mirror' Or 'The Star'. Information like the number of HMs & the start date is normally revealed via an official press release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing's for sure. They aren't just going to shove 16 unknowns into the house and leave them there for a week or so whilst viewers struggle to remember all their names.

There's going to be some major twist or task right from the start to get viewers hooked.
  • Options
    .::boombastic::.::boombastic:: Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon 16 will enter on the thursday in two different shows. So perhaps 10 will enter first and think that ot is just them and then a second show later on would see another 6 enter. After the 6 has entered voting lines for 1 or possibly 2 to be evicted will open for 24 hours and on friday an eviction will take p[lace to shake them up as they start to settle in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBDodge wrote:
    There's going to be some major twist or task right from the start to get viewers hooked.

Oh i do hope so. I want lots of twists and surprises this yeah... :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    what if thrusday nights house number 1 have lived in russian space training camp for a month and believe they are entering the house on a friday (due to an ingenious clock winding operation) and then friday we get a second launch

what if all this specualtion gets to much for us all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon 16 will enter on the thursday in two different shows. So perhaps 10 will enter first and think that ot is just them and then a second show later on would see another 6 enter. After the 6 has entered voting lines for 1 or possibly 2 to be evicted will open for 24 hours and on friday an eviction will take p[lace to shake them up as they start to settle in.

I really hope not - otherwise we'll have another ten years of she ( it will be a she ! ) wasn't given a chance and would have made the show so much better ;) :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    What do you think of the idae of them going 'back to basics'?

The earlier post reminding us of the good old days of the first series made me think that Big Brother seems to have lost the basic premise that they started with - strangers in a strange environment with no outside influences and see how they develop over a length of time.

Some of the twists they have tried have been great, some have really not worked at all but most of the best bits from the show have been from them simply being stuck in the house together causing friction, getting frustrated, making and breaking friends, lying, cheating, etc. (sounds like life in my house!!) Maybe if they just let them get on with it rather than trying to create situations (which the housemates normally ee exactly what Big Brother is trying to do) there would be more developments. What do you think?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Back to basics" was BB4.

We won't be seeing the like of that again.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBDodge wrote:
    "Back to basics" was BB4.

We won't be seeing the like of that again.
    To a certain extent the first BB was pretty basic. They had to bake their own bread.....there was no lavish shopping budget for luxuries. If I remember correctly, they all had porridge in the morning. too. None of this namby pamby boxes of cereal. ;)
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote:
    To a certain extent the first BB was pretty basic. They had to bake their own bread.....there was no lavish shopping budget for luxuries. If I remember correctly, they all had porridge in the morning. too. None of this namby pamby boxes of cereal. ;)

I think they still have to bake their own break. I know they still had to do it in BB5 anyway, but I'm not sure if they still had to do it last year.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they still have to bake their own break. I know they still had to do it in BB5 anyway, but I'm not sure if they still had to do it last year.
    No they didn't, they baked it through choice in BB5.
    They were still buying that awful white own brand bread at 15p a loaf.......... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was a requirement of the pirate task last year and I believe they made their own on other occasions - there are some more details in an old thread but I can't remember exactly which one atm

Found it - http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=359366&page=3&highlight=bread