Sony Ericsson Elm Any Good

neyney Posts: 12,516
Forum Member
✭✭
I been think of getting the Sony Ericsson Elm on 02 pay and go at the end of April to replace my 14 month old Sony Ericsson W302 that I have been 98% happy with.
Anyone know if this phone is any good. My upgrade credit should be just over £20 by then and I was going to use that towards the phone.
Also how will the wi-if part on the mobile work with pay and go.
The now im on the 02 text and web tariff.
Also will the wi-if on the mobile work with my wireless network in the house and garden.
Also is it easy to use for texting as now and again I can sometimes text 5 or 6 times a day.
Do all mobiles that have an MP3 player come with flight mode.
The now I also used my W302 as my MP3 player.

Darren

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an excellent phone. I have one. £99 in the O2 shop.

The Wifi is great - although the screen isn't that big. So if you're getting it for web browsing purposes, it's probably not the best phone for that. But it performs well. You can connect to any Wifi source - as long as you have the password of course.

There facebook and twitter apps are brilliant too - you can upload images directly from the app & see all your friends.

Music player is very nice - headphones are crap - so get yourself some in-ear style SE headphones if you get the phone. There's no 3.5mm jack which is the only let down. It has flight mode, yes.

It's very easy for texting. The keys are nice and comfortable and the text does not lag - you don't have to wait for the letters to catch up like you do in older sony ericsson phones.

The back cover is stainless steel and the phone feels very solid and well made.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an excellent phone. I have one. £99 in the O2 shop.

The Wifi is great - although the screen isn't that big. So if you're getting it for web browsing purposes, it's probably not the best phone for that. But it performs well. You can connect to any Wifi source - as long as you have the password of course.

There facebook and twitter apps are brilliant too - you can upload images directly from the app & see all your friends.

Music player is very nice - headphones are crap - so get yourself some in-ear style SE headphones if you get the phone. There's no 3.5mm jack which is the only let down. It has flight mode, yes.

It's very easy for texting. The keys are nice and comfortable and the text does not lag - you don't have to wait for the letters to catch up like you do in older sony ericsson phones.

The back cover is stainless steel and the phone feels very solid and well made.

Thanks for the info. I will have a think about it before getting one. As I do seem to like the phone and would put my upgrade credit towards getting one and after I top up next weekend that should put my upgrade credit to about £20 or just over that.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a look at this phone in the O2 shop, I really like it, v. nice design. Good Eco credentials and I agree the buttons are really responsive. I don't want a touchscreen after the hassle i've had with them before.

Just got to find somewhere that does it in the Pearly Rose colour now, every where just seems to have it in black and silver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got myself the Sony Ericsson Elm. Phone seems good but dont like how when someone sends you a text it dont tell you when what time they sent the text.
    Also how do you get it to tell you when you are on two text when you typing a long text as I dont always like sending long texts and try and keep it with in one text if I can.
    So far I have only seen a g symbol next to the signal bar how will I know when im getting 3g or HSDPA.
    My Sony Ericsson W302 used to show an E next to the signal bar when I was in parts of the town centre.

Darren
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    I got myself the Sony Ericsson Elm. Phone seems good but dont like how when someone sends you a text it dont tell you when what time they sent the text.
    Also how do you get it to tell you when you are on two text when you typing a long text as I dont always like sending long texts and try and keep it with in one text if I can.
    So far I have only seen a g symbol next to the signal bar how will I know when im getting 3g or HSDPA.
    My Sony Ericsson W302 used to show an E next to the signal bar when I was in parts of the town centre.

Darren

Is your 'up' button on the 4-way navigation key quieter and softer than the other directions? Mine is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is your 'up' button on the 4-way navigation key quieter and softer than the other directions? Mine is.

Yes mine dose seem to be a little quieter and softer as well.
    Im thinking I may have to get a 3g sim card to get the full 3g service. Just hope they can transfer my number and text ands web tariff over to the new sim and that the transfer wont take 2 long.
    I will go to the 02 shop this afternoon when im in town and ask them as I have only had the mobile a few days.

Darren