Options

Is Coach Trip back around February 2012 I assume

Comments

• Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite agree on both counts. You can only imagine their reaction if it happened to to them.

Whereas I do not like the thought of people rooting in personal things, Sarah and her dad seem to have been set up by the crew and it had to be one of the crew who brought it up to the Hefty Lump and her mate as everyone else was away rafting. She denied wearing the sarong not rooting generally and we only saw the edited bit of the prosecution and defence case. So I am not sure she was lying in the strict sense of the word.
    From what we saw Nigel seemed perfectly harmless to me and I have to ask what occupies the minds of those on the coach and on here whose minds immediately jump to implications of incest.
    I seem to recall a couple of times in the past (perhaps even on this series) when Brendan has helped Large Ladies into tight fitting stuff and the scene has been portrayed in a comedy way. The 'offended' Large Lady could have refused his offer of help at the outset or even helped each other.

Good post, I agree completely! The only thing I would add is that I would love to see Lou booted asap! Cannot staaand her!
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    It was odd last night - the setting up of Sarah (I'm sure she didn't do what she was specifically accused of, so in that sense she wasn't lying) and sending Ladi and Tori home. It all seemed very scratchy and irritable. I agree that Lou seems to be getting more open with her opinions which can be quite nasty.

I am still enjoying it more than the last couple of series, though, as the voting isn't predictable and the alliances are short-lived. Three new couples will change the atmosphere I should think.

Same here, we will always have characters we don't like (and that's the whole point in a way!) but am loving how I can't predict who is going to go each night, seems a long time since that happened.

Has there been a series where none of the Day 1 contestants don't get to the end because I can see this happening this time, no that I want Leah and her bikinis to go just yet :o
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Same here, we will always have characters we don't like (and that's the whole point in a way!) but am loving how I can't predict who is going to go each night, seems a long time since that happened.

Has there been a series where none of the Day 1 contestants don't get to the end because I can see this happening this time, no that I want Leah and her bikinis to go just yet :o

A lot of the early series the ones that were on first never got to the end, and even since then there has only been a handful to go all the way.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post, I agree completely! The only thing I would add is that I would love to see Lou booted asap! Cannot staaand her!

Me too. Now they've been on the coach for a while, those 2 especially Lou are becoming increasingly critical and nasty. They've become very sure of themselves and more outspoken over the past few days.

I think this happens with some coachees after a while. I'm expecting Donna & Claire and Craig & Stuart to join in soon.
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    merlinbus wrote: »
    Did you have to say that when I`m drinking a cup of tea. I`ve now got to try and dry my laptop keyboard. :D

If you don’t want to give your lappy impromptu showers it’s probably safest to put hoppy on ignore. :D
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Me too. Now they've been on the coach for a while, those 2 especially Lou are becoming increasingly critical and nasty. They've become very sure of themselves and more outspoken over the past few days.

I think this happens with some coachees after a while. I'm expecting Donna & Claire and Craig & Stuart to join in soon.

I couldn't stand the way that Lou pretended to vote for Nigel because Sarah needed her mother's care and that dreadful false voice she used. At least she dropped that and made her true nastiness quite obvious.

I didn't mind L and C at first, but I agree with ewoodie that they've changed as they've become more confident - or perhaps they've shown what they are really like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I can truthfully say that when Lou gets voted off my " bovvered " pocket will be completely empty.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jacobyte wrote: »
    I can truthfully say that when Lou gets voted off my " bovvered " pocket will be completely empty.

When I heard her say that (but I don't really concentrate), I thought she said, "my bottom pocket is empty". My first thought was that if she had tried hard enough she would have found half a ton of bottom in there.:eek:

Is bother pocket a real phrase?
  • Options
    roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying this series but preferred it when at voting time the couple who got a yellow card the previous day were immune the next day. It (to me) helped stop alliances ganging up on newbies straight away and picking them off in two days votes.

Never understood why this rule was quietly dropped.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying this series but preferred it when at voting time the couple who got a yellow card the previous day were immune the next day. It (to me) helped stop alliances ganging up on newbies straight away and picking them off in two days votes.

But that doesn't seem to be happening on this trip, so far. The mum and daughter seemed to get fast tracked off but there are so many newbies, it doesn't seem to be such an issue.

I do think that will change mind.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd to lie about it really..

Did she lie though. She said she didnt try on the sarong of Lous. We only saw her try on Toris jeans and top, and said something to her father to the effect of she was tempted to try on Chezs stuff but didnt and perhaps she didnt try Lous stuff either.

Yes she shouldnt have been messing about with bags but I dont think there was any harm intended she is just a bit immature and perhaps coerced into doing it otherwise why was she being filmed?

It was all set up, because if you watch the 4oD video she said to her dad she was tempted but didnt try on chezs stuff so Nigel new she had been messing about with the clothes so I honestly think it is a game by the producers.

IF the production team were unhappy for her to do that they would have stopped it.

The bit about Donna moaning about Nigel helping her with the life vest was ridiculous. I have watched it three times and all he did was close the clips for her, there was not sexual attention there from what I could see, and who would want to grope her anyway lol.

I actually felt a bit sorry for him last night, as no matter what he did that grotty Lou just turned her nose up at him.

As to Ladi well what a waste of space he turned out to be. I felt sorry for tori as he looked as though he was enjoying himself.

So who is left the only ones I like are Leah and Ollie. The rest I have no thoughts to and I cant wait to see the back of Lou and Chez.
  • Options
    tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't stand the way that Lou pretended to vote for Nigel because Sarah needed her mother's care and that dreadful false voice she used. At least she dropped that and made her true nastiness quite obvious.

I didn't mind L and C at first, but I agree with ewoodie that they've changed as they've become more confident - or perhaps they've shown what they are really like.

My sentiments exactly. I DID like Lou and Chez at first but they've blown it now.
    A week or two ago I noted that, according to preview clips, some "tough nuts" were going to join the coach and stir things up. I realise now I must have been referring to Lou and her nasty comments to Nigel and not really to Donna Kebab who, although not blameless, are not half as aggressive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    When I heard her say that (but I don't really concentrate), I thought she said, "my bottom pocket is empty". My first thought was that if she had tried hard enough she would have found half a ton of bottom in there.:eek:

Is bother pocket a real phrase?

I think it's to do with one of Catherine Tates catchphrases, namely " Am I bovvered? Do I look bovvered " & may well be something 9 year olds say in the playground.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Strangely enough there havent been voting cabals/alliances much in evidence this year.

One of the reasons its been so enjoyable. That and good casting from the start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all. :)

What a strange episode yesterday. Don't think anyone came out of it smelling of roses. Yes, definitely some set ups but some daft behaviour as well. Think the nastiness shown consistently to Nigel who is obviously something of a misfit particularly rough, the 'letch' tag especially.

Best of the bunch is prob Leah and Ollie but Leah's 'apology' smacked of sucking up for the vote.

Having said that there is nobody on the coach who I have found as nauseous as some on previous episodes. And, as others have commented, the lack of predictability re the vote makes it much more interesting.
  • Options
    tushinghamtushingham Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi SS. Yeah, Leah and Ollie are the only decent ones left now. Seems like more troublemakers are on the way, judging by the clips.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets hope Leah and Ollie have a good episode but I feel they will be targeted by the more working class types that are there now
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mohican Watch is back!!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah some young people:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What’s with all the Jedward hairstyles?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

I posted this before it was on the telly. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't like the male yorkshire couple.

Interesting they use the word intolerant
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    Evening All and two new contestants tonight.
    Do you know, I would've bet that Jedward had been on CT in the past, but Brendan doesn't know who they are.

Just goes to show how when people do the reality circuit they don't actually have to have been there for me to imagine they were.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love tortoises...:D
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    I posted this before it was on the telly. :D:D