The wedding's off - the 'happy couple' argue about Steph's behaviour!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I were them, I would insist on having a long private talk about it... in reality they don't have to talk, just shut themselves in a room for a while and it bides them time before the "wedding" and looks like they are trying to work things out. Would give a far better impression.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aggy wrote: »
    See? You've all lost sense of what the task is. Mario called off the wedding (can't blame him like I said earlier) but if they can both just learn to bear each other for the next few hours then Mario/Lisa won't be exposed!

Dangerman, don't you think you're being a little over-dramatic? Domestic abuse? Trodden all over her? You watching the same show? :confused:

Nobody has lost sense of what the task is. Don't insult my intelligence.

I am referring to her behaviour since day one. Just the other night the housemates were very close to figuring it out and were casually linking Lisa and Mario together.

If she had been more believable then we wouldn't even be in this situation.
  • r.a.i.n.b.o.wr.a.i.n.b.o.w Posts: 9,705
    Forum Member
    Steph's SO not playing the game. She's happy to sit there and slag off "her" man. SHe's happy to let others slag him off.

I'm finding her pretty shallow, hope she's evicted first.
  • jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is obvious she doesm't like him.

If any one else in the world had a bust up with their partner just before the weding would you slag him off to strangers or worse allow them to slag him off to you :eek:

The way she should have handled it would be to have made out he was loaded, hence she would have had an excuse for marring a man she can't stand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis just did an impression of Mario suggesting he was some sort of neanderthal. Steph started giggling her head off.

Steph's now walked out, to try and enter the DR. Mario and Steph aren't making eye contact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milkybar37 wrote: »
    think ita about time mario came clean
    Yeah that would be a bold stroke of genius. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused - has Steph got the wrong end of the stick? She's saying that Mario didn't mention Mikey and food but people on here are saying he did?

He didn't mention it first, but all he did was walk into the kitchen, and it elicited a snide comment. He replied saying "Food comes first". He *was* helping Mikey.
  • AggyAggy Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody has lost sense of what the task is. Don't insult my intelligence.

I am referring to her behaviour since day one. Just the other night the housemates were very close to figuring it out and were casually linking Lisa and Mario together.

If she had been more believable then we wouldn't even be in this situation.
    My apologies. I never meant to insult you :confused:

Many people are criticizing her about her performance in the task, therefore I get annoyed when they bring up the cover story in the task, as opposed to the actual task.

Speaking about her behaviour in general, fine, whatever, have your views, I was only referring to the task.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aggy wrote: »
    Dangerman, don't you think you're being a little over-dramatic? Domestic abuse? Trodden all over her? You watching the same show? :confused:

I hope I am but I've seen so many examples of this not just within BB but in the outside world and every time the woman is blamed for 'not being a good sport' , 'not taking part' etc. while her self esteem is continually being brought down instead of being given some support to help her 'take part' and 'be a good sport'

For a fiance to say on the day of his wedding that his bride to be's feelings don't matter would be unforgivable in a real wedding but somehow it's not even being included as a factor in the potential task failure ! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Hopefully they failthe task, so she can be voted off....

Little inconsiderate b****
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steph's SO not playing the game. She's happy to sit there and slag off "her" man. SHe's happy to let others slag him off.

I'm finding her pretty shallow, hope she's evicted first.

She does seem quite shallow
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused - has Steph got the wrong end of the stick? She's saying that Mario didn't mention Mikey and food but people on here are saying he did?

From what I can gather, they all collectively appeared to have decided to keep the "bride" and "groom" apart before the wedding, as is traditional. Mario came into the kitchen [arrogantly, according to Dennis] while Steph was there. He came in to make Mikey breakfast, Steph said something to him and Mario said "Food comes first".

Now, I didn't see Mario come into the kitchen so I can't corroborate the "arrogantly" description.

Neither did I actually hear Mario say "Food comes first", but Dennis has repeated those words ad nauseum to anyone within earshot, so it must be true. :D

Steph took offence, threw a strop, said something like "seems like the wedding's off" and now Mario's the bad guy. B*stard! He should know that on his wedding day his every waking breath should be devoted to ensuring his future bride's happiness and nothing should distract him from that.
  • AggyAggy Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why people aren't liking Steph, but I can't help but feel sorry for her. Poor girl just wants to bond with everyone and make some friends, and she's not going to be trusted by lots in there after the task is over.

Mario will have Lisa, Luke has bonded with everyone really.. she's the only one truly on her own.
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    When it finally comes out that Mario and Steph have been pretending to be a couple, there is going to be a MASSIVE row! It's gone so far assways now that it won't even be funny, and I can see Mario and Lisa having a screaming match with Steph over her behaviour. :D BB really put the most incompatible people together for this. If Rachel had been asked to pretend to be Mario's girlfriend, I think it would have been a completely different task. Stephanie lost sight of what it was all about a long time ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph just joined her fellow conspirators in the poor bedroom.

Mario's said trying to reason with her is impossible. That she never makes an effort to come over and sit next to him, that it looks totally false.

Thankfully, Steph's apologising, saying it's nothing personal. They might work it out after all. Lisa seems to have a calming influence on them all. I'm admiring the way she's behaving a bit like an arbitrator -- not completely siding with Mario. +1 for Lisa, she's a classy lady.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,177
    Forum Member
    Guess what comes next?

Steph will be asking to leave by the end of the day.

Hahahahaha. Would save her from being evicted anyway, i guess
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How dumb is Step:rolleyes:. By not playing the game doesn't she realise that by losing the task she will be first out for being such a wimp.

Times like this you appreciate how fantastic Makosi was :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way steph is now gonna save her skin is if she starts crying, try & show Mario in a bad light.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MajorC wrote: »
    From what I can gather, they all collectively appeared to have decided to keep the "bride" and "groom" apart before the wedding, as is traditional. Mario came into the kitchen [arrogantly, according to Dennis] while Steph was there. He came in to make Mikey breakfast, Steph said something to him and Mario said "Food comes first".

Now, I didn't see Mario come into the kitchen so I can't corroborate the "arrogantly" description.

Neither did I actually hear Mario say "Food comes first", but Dennis has repeated those words ad nauseum to anyone within earshot, so it must be true. :D
    Steph took offence, threw a strop, said something like "seems like the wedding's off" and now Mario's the bad guy. B*stard! He should know that on his wedding day his every waking breath should be devoted to ensuring his future bride's happiness and nothing should distract him from that.

Mario just said that himself so I think we can safely assume that bit is true.

It seems to me that Steph was actually sticking to the task in trying to ensure they were kept apart before the wedding ( admittedly something she'd find much easier than being together the last few days ) and Mario didn't like it.
    Mario needs to look at his own behaviour as well as criticising her - no doubt Steph has struggled but she's trying , Mario is simply assuming everything he does is right and she is always wrong.

Also it was Mario who called it off , apparently going to the DR and telling BB as well ( his words earlier ) not Steph.

P.S. A wedding day isn't known as 'The Bride's Day' for nothing - the groom's job is to turn up and make her day special ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emma555 wrote: »
    Stephanie lost sight of what it was all about a long time ago.

No she hasn't. She said in the DR that it didn't matter if everyone thought the wedding was fake, the main thing was to stop people finding out that Mario and Lisa were the real couple. By keeping all the attention on her and Mario she's doing a sterling job. If anything it's Mario and Lisa that are making a mess of things by constantly going off to conspire together ( as they are doing on the live feed now) and hence risking being uncovered.
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is unbelievable, she is a massive drama queen and I'm sure she will be gone the moment she's up.
  • Jack D. RipperJack D. Ripper Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why one of the other 3 don't just reveal all and take their chances. It's unlikely it would be anyone but Steph who gets evicted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back on now... I think? Something happened during the ad break, I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dangerman wrote: »
    ...Mario needs to look at his own behaviour as well as criticising her - no doubt Steph has struggled but she's trying , Mario is simply assuming everything he does is right and she is always wrong

P.S. A wedding day isn't known as 'The Bride's Day' for nothing - the groom's job is to turn up and make her day special ;):D

I hate to admit it, but you're right. I tend to side with Mario because in my opinion, he's mostly right, but he doesn't really act at all attentively to Steph in general. However, I really don't think she'd let him.

You're also quite right about the groom's role:D but Steph is behaving as if she's about to be forced to marry him for real and really needs to get a sense of perspective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MajorC wrote: »
    I hate to admit it, but you're right. I tend to side with Mario because in my opinion, he's mostly right, but he doesn't really act at all attentively to Steph in general. However, I really don't think she'd let him.

You're also quite right about the groom's role:D but Steph is behaving as if she's about to be forced to marry him for real and really needs to get a sense of perspective.

Fair enough , I'm defending Steph as a person and as a housemate but I'm the first to admit she hasn't 'sold' the relationship at all.

Mario is right about a lot of this but his whole demeanour is coming across ( to me anyway ) as very controlling and I don't feel he's a team player at all - it's his way or none !