Options

Mr David Cameron

2»

Comments

• Options
    DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    Why doesn't Cameron stop all these immigrants landing here for the free housing, welfare and education. We can't afford it. He needs to stop wastage, first before attacking us the people.

The majority of immigrants are economic immigrants and economic immigrants are usually single, never entitled to free housing and they don't earn welfare entitlements until they've worked here for 1 year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour supporters are something, ain't they? Good God almighty hypocrisy really does know no bounds.

Would this be the same labour party that spent pretty much their whole time in office blaming everything surrounding public services, crime, anti social behaviour, education, even bloody immigration on the previous tory Gov?

And Thatcher - Thatcher of course was the cause of every single problem known to man apart from when things went well.

And yet through it all after labour have left office literally 5mins ago, the Country is around 900bn in debt about 160bn in deficit with an out of balance economy too reliant on the State and financial services, reduced manufacturing, massive increase in immigration etc etc etc etc etc. This Gov have a Mountain to climb and not one in Snowdonia, more like Everist. They are supposed to pretend that this had nothing to do with previous incompetence? They are supposed to pretend it's a perfectly reasonable position to be in the highest deficit since the 2nd World War?

I mean, words bloody fail me at times. I can understand people saying 'get on with the job' - that's fair enough. What I can't stomach is labour supporters who have a degree in blaming Thatcher/nasty tories for everything that goes wrong. It's truly astonishing revisionism at its very worst kind. If we want to make a clean break, then I don't want to hear another utterance about the previous tory Gov. But of course that will never happen.

How people can :rolleyes: just defies belief. Absolutely astonishing, but then you grow to understand how labour supporters are so one dimensional and see everything through the prism of 'party' it's like N. Korea personality cult stuff at times. Unbeliable.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Cameron scaremonging the country for 3 weeks before the budget will put a stop to any recovery (as small as it was ) we may have felt.
    Back in recession 6 weeks after he,s elected well done David.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Cameron scaremonging the country for 3 weeks before the budget will put a stop to any recovery (as small as it was ) we may have felt.
    Back in recession 6 weeks after he,s elected well done David.

You do realise that the private sector is going to drive recovery? The private sector has been eager for some time for the Gov to tackle the deficit and be straight with people.

What markets detest is uncertainty, in being straight with people Cameron is signalling he means business. People can't handle the truth they'd rather pretend everything is fine and go la la la la - spend spend spend.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    onenation wrote: »
    You do realise that the private sector is going to drive recovery? The private sector has been eager for some time for the Gov to tackle the deficit and be straight with people.

What markets detest is uncertainty, in being straight with people Cameron is signalling he means business. People can't handle the truth they'd rather pretend everything is fine and go la la la la - spend spend spend.

Time will tell, i do hope you are right .
    All im saying ,what he is doing now is putting the skids on everything & everyone .
    I agree he must be given time ,but being to drastic could pull us back .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Time will tell, i do hope you are right .
    All im saying ,what he is doing now is putting the skids on everything & everyone .
    I agree he must be given time ,but being to drastic could pull us back .

Depends where the axe falls. I really do strongly believe we'll be far better off doing 'something' than just plodding along. That seems like insanity to me, if we don't interest payments will be insane in the long-term and that will mean even larger spending cuts.
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP hasn't answered the responses,

Oopps.. :cool:
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Another thing that I don't like about many Labourites is that they don't care, or just don't want to know about how the private sector has suffered over the course of the crunch - lots of people made unemployed, businesses collapsed.

What they do seem to care about is their own jobs (if they work in the public sector) and that the government continues to use money we don't have to keep them and others in work.

When the private sector sees the writing on the wall, they don't want to know. When the new government has to make cuts to ensure we don't end up like Greece, they're calling for Cameron/Osborne's blood and talk about how Clegg has sold his party out.
    I doubt there are many of these on this forum, but I really feel sorry for the £70,000p/a "diversity consultants", I really do. My heart bleeds.
  • Options
    alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go again. Lets blame the previous Government for EVERYTHING, nothing is our fault and give no details but mention hard times ahead etc.... but do not be specific. What tosh, so he gives a widely publicised speech to the Nation...........Do Not Blame Me!!!!!!..........and we spend two weeks or longer speculating on what it could actually mean!! The newspapers are full of speculation of job cuts, services being deleted. Social Service cuts, benefit cuts, etc......Do you really think TWO WEEKS before the new budget Mr Cameron wants our input on what service should be cut. It has all been decided and our "in put" means NOTHING.

What a load of old nonsense!
    Exactly who is to blame then?
  • Options
    AWESOM-O 4000AWESOM-O 4000 Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is another completely insane thread made by a Labour supporter.

Do you people think before you type?

I would also like to ask the question to the OP, who is to blame for the mess we are in if it isnt the previous 11 years of Labour goverment?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour supporters are something, ain't they? Good God almighty hypocrisy really does know no bounds.

Would this be the same labour party that spent pretty much their whole time in office blaming everything surrounding public services, crime, anti social behaviour, education, even bloody immigration on the previous tory Gov?

And Thatcher - Thatcher of course was the cause of every single problem known to man apart from when things went well.

And yet through it all after labour have left office literally 5mins ago, the Country is around 900bn in debt about 160bn in deficit with an out of balance economy too reliant on the State and financial services, reduced manufacturing, massive increase in immigration etc etc etc etc etc. This Gov have a Mountain to climb and not one in Snowdonia, more like Everist. They are supposed to pretend that this had nothing to do with previous incompetence? They are supposed to pretend it's a perfectly reasonable position to be in the highest deficit since the 2nd World War?

I mean, words bloody fail me at times. I can understand people saying 'get on with the job' - that's fair enough. What I can't stomach is labour supporters who have a degree in blaming Thatcher/nasty tories for everything that goes wrong. It's truly astonishing revisionism at its very worst kind. If we want to make a clean break, then I don't want to hear another utterance about the previous tory Gov. But of course that will never happen.

How people can :rolleyes: just defies belief. Absolutely astonishing, but then you grow to understand how labour supporters are so one dimensional and see everything through the prism of 'party' it's like N. Korea personality cult stuff at times. Unbeliable.
    Thank you. Someone needs to say this amongst all the BS that I'm reading on these threads from certain corners.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really cannot understand why people take politicians so seriously. The man's in the process of making thousands of people unemployed, he is going to destroy Britain. He hasn't got a single idea of his own. All his bird brained ideas are stolen from Sweden, Canada and some other banana republic. IMHO politics and politicians are a joke in England.
    Cameron the biggest joker of them all.
  • Options
    SkyknightSkyknight Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I really cannot understand why people take politicians so seriously. The man's in the process of making thousands of people unemployed, he is going to destroy Britain. He hasn't got a single idea of his own. All his bird brained ideas are stolen from Sweden, Canada and some other banana republic. IMHO politics and politicians are a joke in England.
    Cameron the biggest joker of them all.

The left have always held Sweden up as a shining example that we in the UK ought to be following.

What they don't realise is that, as a result of their policies, Sweden is one of the most boring countries on Earth.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Here we go again. Lets blame the previous Government for EVERYTHING, nothing is our fault and give no details but mention hard times ahead etc.... but do not be specific. What tosh, so he gives a widely publicised speech to the Nation...........Do Not Blame Me!!!!!!..........and we spend two weeks or longer speculating on what it could actually mean!! The newspapers are full of speculation of job cuts, services being deleted. Social Service cuts, benefit cuts, etc......Do you really think TWO WEEKS before the new budget Mr Cameron wants our input on what service should be cut. It has all been decided and our "in put" means NOTHING.

Shows how much he thinks of the ordinary voter; he thinks we're all idiots without brains who will fall for his cliches, rhetoric and gimmicks. Con by name and Con by nature is Mr Conman - used car salesmen are more convincing.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    This is another completely insane thread made by a Labour supporter.

Do you people think before you type?

I would also like to ask the question to the OP, who is to blame for the mess we are in if it isnt the previous 11 years of Labour goverment?

I have a question for you, as a Tory supporter (I presume) who would you have blamed if they had been in power when this Global recession took place? What would you have expected them to do about the banks?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame King John - the should never have signed that Magna Carta thingy!

That's the great thing about politics - you get to do all sorts of fun things - if they work then you did them, if they don't then it X's fault! Where X is anybody except you
  • Options
    System CrashSystem Crash Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    Con by name and Con by nature is Mr Conman - used car salesmen are more convincing.

Ad hominem is not really much of an argument, is it.

Especially when you are just making fun of their name, which is pretty sad to be honest.
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    I have a question for you, as a Tory supporter (I presume) who would you have blamed if they had been in power when this Global recession took place? What would you have expected them to do about the banks?

The bank bailout doesn't affect the deficit. Even Labour ministers don't use that excuse.
    The bank bailouts have little impact: the Treasury does not count money used to buy bank shares because it assumes it will get it back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jun/07/what-caused-budget-deficit