Has Scott ever mentioned his dead sister?

fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
Forum Member
He seems to always be enjoying himself, never seems 'down' or like he's thinking about it...has he ever mentioned it since it happened?!

Btw I am aware that he's able to 'grieve how he wants' and 'this could be his way of coping' and 'we don't know the circumstances or relationship between him and his sister' but my god if my sister suddenly died while I was on Big Brother there's no way I'd continue with it and even if I did I'm sure I would be constantly thinking about it especially seeing as you've got loads of time to think about things in the house.

Comments

• I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    It was definitely his sister? :(
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I <3 Tweety wrote: »
    It was definitely his sister? :(

Yeah I think so
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We won't know because (a) there's no LF and (b) they soundcut most stuff about housemates' families anyway.
  • TheFridgeTheFridge Posts: 4,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really is that what happened ? his sister ? ............ thats some pretty cold blooded shit if true even if he wasn't close to her.
  • REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    He seems to always be enjoying himself, never seems 'down' or like he's thinking about it...has he ever mentioned it since it happened?!

Btw I am aware that he's able to 'grieve how he wants' and 'this could be his way of coping' and 'we don't know the circumstances or relationship between him and his sister' but my god if my sister suddenly died while I was on Big Brother there's no way I'd continue with it and even if I did I'm sure I would be constantly thinking about it especially seeing as you've got loads of time to think about things in the house.

What nonsense ,any source for this waffle or did you just make it up on the spot for attention ,how sad.

An hour in the dairy room to 'get over' his sisters death , what a stupid insensitive thing to say :eek::mad:
  • viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't his sister that died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the article was wrong in the end.
    Forum Member
    REDBUS wrote: »
    What nonsense ,any source for this waffle or did you just make it up on the spot for attention ,how sad.

An hour in the dairy room to 'get over' his sisters death , what a stupid insensitive thing to say :eek::mad:

Yes, I'm so sad that I made this all up. How did you not hear about this last week?!

The following three links are the first three that come up after a search, I can't be bothered linking the hundreds more.

http://www.*******************/big-brother/big-brother-2012-scott-masons-bereavement-news-sister-died-suddenly/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/256851/Scott-Mason-to-stay-in-BB-house-despite-sister-s-death/Scott-Mason-to-stay-in-BB-house-despite-sister-s-deathScott-Mason-to-stay-in-BB-house-despite-sister-s-death

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/92673-big-brother-2012-scott-masons-sister-has-passed-away.html

Edit: get off your high horse, calling me sad, stupid and insensitive. :rolleyes:
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It all seems a bit weird, doesn't it?
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    We won't know because (a) there's no LF and (b) they soundcut most stuff about housemates' families anyway.

Well said - they could all have come up with a solution for world peace for all we know while they've been in there.
    Forum Member
    It all seems a bit weird, doesn't it?

Yes it's just bizarre, he's never mentioned his family bereavement since, never been show looking down or sad or thinking about it, if anything he seems to be having a blast :eek: it's just...weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it's just bizarre, he's never mentioned his family bereavement since, never been show looking down or sad or thinking about it, if anything he seems to be having a blast :eek: it's just...weird.

Sorry but I find it really silly that people think they can judge that he's never seemed down about it based on the...five minutes or so of footage of him we see each day
    Forum Member
    KIMBA wrote: »
    Sorry but I find it really silly that people think they can judge that he's never seemed down about it based on the...five minutes or so of footage of him we see each day

But surely they would've shown the footage of him being down about it if he was, because it just looks like it's been forgotton about and swept under the carpet..
  • Amaretto2Amaretto2 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but the "experience" of BB is not something one just throws away just because someone in your immediate family has gone ahead and died. Scott's priorities must lie with seeking fame in the BB house- it's a common tactic advocated by many bereavement councillors and it is utterly OUTRAGEOUS that anybody thinks they have the right to judge Scott. Housemates are not in there to be judged by us- they are there for the "experience". We are to watch and pass no comment.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member

It's not bizarre as we have no live feed.

Also it's only The Star saying it was his sister and they give no details - I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

No weirdness at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    TheFridge wrote: »
    Really is that what happened ? his sister ? ............ thats some pretty cold blooded shit if true even if he wasn't close to her.

what if he'd never met her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article/infomation was apparently misinformed in the end
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    But surely they would've shown the footage of him being down about it if he was, because it just looks like it's been forgotton about and swept under the carpet..

Why? He says he doesn't want to discuss it - so why would they keep showing it?

They did immediately afterwards - surely that suffices?
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Amaretto2 wrote: »
    Sorry, but the "experience" of BB is not something one just throws away just because someone in your immediate family has gone ahead and died. Scott's priorities must lie with seeking fame in the BB house- it's a common tactic advocated by many bereavement councillors and it is utterly OUTRAGEOUS that anybody thinks they have the right to judge Scott. Housemates are not in there to be judged by us- they are there for the "experience". We are to watch and pass no comment.

To be fair it does matter how close they were if it was my Mum or Brothers I would leave if it was my Dad I wouldn't give a flying fig and I don't even really know any more members of the family
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KIMBA wrote: »

If my sister died I would be inconsolable. Scott seems more upset by not being chosen as one of the intelligent housemates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    If my sister died I would be inconsolable. Scott seems more upset by not being chosen as one of the intelligent housemates.

but its not the same is it? you don't know Scotts family or their relationship, if he knew his sister or not
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys although it questionable for someone to react to a sibling's death like this, it's been reported that the news report was actually false/wrong so I don't think we should rip him apart before knowing more.

It could be anything from a step-sister (with no contact) or cousin etc. The Star is a questionable source to begin with, and with reports of inaccuracy this is not the type of topic to throw out insults without more info/insight.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys although it questionable for someone to react to a sibling's death like this, it's been reported that the news report was actually false/wrong so I don't think we should rip him apart before knowing more.

It could be anything from a step-sister (with no contact) or cousin etc. The Star is a questionable source to begin with, and with reports of inaccuracy this is not the type of topic to throw out insults without more info/insight.

Just to make clear Richard Desmond owns the Star newspaper and he also owns Channel 5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Just to make clear Richard Desmond owns the Star newspaper and he also owns Channel 5.

I know that, however that doesn't mean the paper doesn'y spin things and often spreads misinformation about big brother. There was an article about Aaron's relationship/son from last year which was claimed as false, not to mention the little lies like ratings. (Apparently the show opened to 5 million + viewers, even though in reality it was nowhere near those figures with the peak, +1 and bbotts combined.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I really don't think anyone has the right to judge Scott. Everyones different, nobody knows his background, we see 1 hour out of 24. If he was talking about it, even BB are not horrible enough to publicise it.