Options

Sara only showers every other day

Comments

• Options
    dash234dash234 Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a big deal.. It's not very hot in London right now, is it? It's in the 50°s to low 70°s... That's practically winter temperatures where I am from.. It's not like she's going out anywhere.. She's basically lounging around at home - except it is the BB house... and since we don't have smell-a-vision.. It's no biggie..
  • Options
    ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love her even more if she wouldn't shower for weeks :)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dash234 wrote: »
    I don't think it is a big deal.. It's not very hot in London right now, is it? It's in the 50°s to low 70°s... That's practically winter temperatures where I am from.. It's not like she's going out anywhere.. She's basically lounging around at home - except it is the BB house... and since we don't have smell-a-vision.. It's no biggie..

Ah, you're in America then?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ESTK wrote: »
    I would love her even more if she wouldn't shower for weeks :)

Mm, why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Ah, you're in America then?

Yes, sorry.. I guess you're referring to my use of fahrenheit instead of celsius? I did the translation thanks to google.. :D

It is around 17-22°C there, right? I think that's a lovely temperature --- not sweat-inducing, like 95° F / 34° C + like we get in the states this time of year..
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that it has only been in the last 30 years or so of human history, that most people in the UK have had access to the ability to have daily baths or showers, I am astonished that so many fms are unaware that it is not necessary to immerse yourself in water every day. A daily strip wash with a flannel, soap and water is quite sufficient.

Wonder how much of the demand that people shower daily is the result of the huge variety of shower and bath gels, lotions, and potions that have flooded the market in the last few years.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    dash234 wrote: »
    Yes, sorry.. I guess you're referring to my use of fahrenheit instead of celsius? I did the translation thanks to google.. :D

It is around 17-22°C there, right? I think that's a lovely temperature --- not sweat-inducing, like 95° F / 34° C + like we get in the states this time of year..

Lots of Brits still use fahrenheit so don't understand why the poster picked you up on that. Most odd.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Fringo wrote: »
    Lots of Brits still use fahrenheit so don't understand why the poster picked you up on that. Most odd.

Z didn't pick, she/he just asked the poster a question out of curiosity. :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own but, personally, I'd feel a bit cooty if I didn't shower or bath at least once a day.
    I normally shower every morning and bath every evening. At weekends, if I'm not going out in the evening, I can manage on once a day but never less than that.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Each to their own but, personally, I'd feel a bit cooty if I didn't shower or bath at least once a day.
    I normally shower every morning and bath every evening. At weekends, if I'm not going out in the evening, I can manage on once a day but never less than that.

Wow that's a lot! A shower and a bath everyday?! Your water bill must be ginormous.

You're why we have hose pipe bans! :p
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Standard for men, no biggie.

Rubbish. I have two showers a day.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Given that it has only been in the last 30 years or so of human history, that most people in the UK have had access to the ability to have daily baths or showers, I am astonished that so many fms are unaware that it is not necessary to immerse yourself in water every day. A daily strip wash with a flannel, soap and water is quite sufficient.

Wonder how much of the demand that people shower daily is the result of the huge variety of shower and bath gels, lotions, and potions that have flooded the market in the last few years.

So true, I go to gym and women shower and then come out and put a tub of body cream on the bodies and do that next day and day after. I shower with just water sometimes and don't use cream as it makes my skin so oily and clothes get greasy quickly too. All a waste of money, cream for wrinkles, cream for tummy, cream for bust, cream for cellulite, then fake tan then body spary. Then they rush out, almost knocking everyone on their way. lol
  • Options
    ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Mm, why?

Don't know, something I find attractive about beautiful girls who don't really invest time in their beauty or cleanliness, despite i don't find "every other day" something unusual or messy
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Rubbish. I have two showers a day.

Is it a golden rule?
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not good for your skin putting chemicals on it everyday. There is nothing wrong with showering every other day.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Is it a golden rule?

Was that your attempt at humour? Yikes! :p
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Its not good for your skin putting chemicals on it everyday. There is nothing wrong with showering every other day.

It's a myth that showering daily is bad for your skin. It CAN be bad if you have very dry skin, you have the water boiling hot and you use very harsh shower gels.
    As long as you have normal skin, you don't have the water too hot and you use soap free shower gels, there is no harm at all in daily showering.

It's not essential and it's a personal decision but lets not pretend that it's wrong or bad to do so,.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It's a myth that showering daily is bad for your skin. It CAN be bad if you have very dry skin, you have the water boiling hot and you use very harsh shower gels.
    As long as you have normal skin, you don't have the water too hot and you use soap free shower gels, there is no harm at all in daily showering.

It's not essential and it's a personal decision but lets not pretend that it's wrong or bad to do so,.

Equally lets not lambast anyone who doesn't wash every single day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    You are all absolutely disgusting people. I can smell you from here.

I have a bath after every meal, and shower every 15 minutes in-between bathing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fringo wrote: »

No worries.. I wasn't offended.. Thanks for the post though..

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are all absolutely disgusting people. I can smell you from here.

I have a bath after every meal, and shower every 15 minutes in-between bathing.

Bath? Shower? What are these strange words? What does cleaning even mean? My dirt is offended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only shower 2-3 times a week, no B.O and no swet so it doesn't bother me.

Im skinny with eczema so it suits me not to shower every day
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Bath? Shower? What are these strange words? What does cleaning even mean? My dirt is offended.

glad to know somebody else in here is as dirty as i am, this thread officially smells
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gross.

I'm on the other side of the scale, If I don't get my 2 a day fix then I'll feel like a beggar :p
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

I flannel wash every day and have a bath once a week. I never shower. I can't say it's ever done me any harm. If anyone has noticed any BO or anything they've never mentioned it :D