TiVo remote control

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
Forum Member
Finally got my virgin installed "2 man virgin install team" post

Phone line live, XL package via TiVo and 30MB Internet

Now I have the problem with setting reminders via the TV guide?

On my old HD box all I did was go to the show select and set the reminder but now on the TiVo box when I try to do a reminder all I seem to get is options to record, explore or series link! I'm I doing the wrong thing anyone?

Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saxoseb wrote: »
    Finally got my virgin installed "2 man virgin install team" post

Phone line live, XL package via TiVo and 30MB Internet

Now I have the problem with setting reminders via the TV guide?

On my old HD box all I did was go to the show select and set the reminder but now on the TiVo box when I try to do a reminder all I seem to get is options to record, explore or series link! I'm I doing the wrong thing anyone?

Cheers

The way the TiVo is designed means reminders only work if you set program to record as well, so just hit the record and remind option. The idea is that you record what you want to watch for later but obviously sometimes people want to watch stuff live like sport.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    To set a reminder on TiVo:

1. open the guide
    2. find a program not airing for a while
    3. press ok or R on it.
    4. a menu pops up, look at option 2 it should say Record and Remind.
    5. click that and set a recording
    6. when it's about to come on air TiVo will show a dialog saying that its about to start, you can click to change to the reminded show, click to ignore it, or you can leave it and it will change for you

job done, the auto change is perfect for those who DVD record, as it will change the channel output therefore the scart gets the correct setting.
  • Tavis75Tavis75 Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminders were added in a software update, not sure what version of the software TiVos are being supplied with now but it might be that the option won't appear until the TiVo receives the software update, which should happen in a day or two (I think there may be an option to force it to update but I'm not sure).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Thanks people.
  • Red WimpRed Wimp Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've ever used reminders since they came on Tivo although I did occassionally on V+. I tried once for some cricket and because it was on the epg for a long period it was going to cancel a planned recording I had later. I wasn't intending to watch for all that period but because the way the record and remind worked was a bit of a flaw I feel.
    Having said that, I haven't missed not using it