Great Night Out

Comments

• Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was Keith. However the campsite scenario was lifted straight out of Carry On Camping lets face it.

One point I have noted, I love Ricky Tomlinson but every character he seems to play is the same. There's so much Jim Royale in him I think he's morphed into Jim over the years.

Apart from the camping aspect I can't see the parallels to Carry on Camping.

As Kristen Scott Thomas said the other week 'they employ you because of what they've seen you do'
    I said earlier in the thread that Ricky wasn't exactly pushing his acting skills to the limit here, well within his comfort zone.
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this series. Its fun, doesn't take itself too seriously and its nice to see something a bit different on our screens.

Having said that I thought the last episode was a bit poor - I think it might just have been a bit too silly.

Hope they do another series.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Friday's again - how did that Colleen's fella pull her, not exactly blessed with good looks, charm or personality, is he?!
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,734
    Forum Member
    Last episode tonight.:(
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last episode... I think my fave episode was the first one, the references to Man United, as a United fan, where the funniest parts of the series to me.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Just watching Friday's again - how did that Colleen's fella pull her, not exactly blessed with good looks, charm or personality, is he?!

I have no idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jez Quiggley was one of my favourite ever Corrie characters, like a satanic Robbie Williams.
    Forum Member
    Jez Quiggley was one of my favourite ever Corrie characters, like a satanic Robbie Williams.

"Steven James McDonald, come on down!'. One of my favourite lines from Corrie ever!:D
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea.

It's one of those attractions when you say "how did that happen?" when a dork pulls a beauty....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    "Steven James McDonald, come on down!'. One of my favourite lines from Corrie ever!:D

:D

Best baddie ever, all he needed was a curly twirly moustache :D
    Forum Member
    Don't forget Fergie time...:D
  • CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Just switched over. I don't find dead dogs funny. In fact its rather upsetting
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Love, love, love this :D. So sad tonights is the last episode, i will miss it and hope it comes back next year. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could do without the precocious kid :rolleyes:
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    CLA29 wrote: »
    Just switched over. I don't find dead dogs funny. In fact its rather upsetting

But the dog isn't dead...it was quite obvious the dog wouldn't be dead at all :rolleyes:
  • CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    But the dog isn't dead...it was quite obvious the dog wouldn't be dead at all :rolleyes:
    Was it ok then?
    After the dead cat in the first episode I didn't have much hope
    Forum Member
    BTW, did anyone else spot that the United supporter's dad was played by the bloke who was Kenny Senior in Phoenix Nights?
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love, love, love this :D. So sad tonights is the last episode, i will miss it and hope it comes back next year. :)

Gonna miss it
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was truly great. So obvious, so blatant and yet performed with such brilliant timing. Great TV, no sex for the sake of it, no gratuitous swearing, just a fun show executed to perfection for a dull Friday night.

I really hope another series is planned.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Started watching this at the beginning of the series, didn't think i'd like it. Every week I've got more and more hooked.

I hope another series is on the cards.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    BTW, did anyone else spot that the United supporter's dad was played by the bloke who was Kenny Senior in Phoenix Nights?

Yep!

God I've loved that show.
    Forum Member
    Great to see Ricky Tomlinson back on TV.
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed all episodes - it's good to have a funny programme that has actually made me laugh - they seem to be few and far between these days.
    Forum Member

If you've watched any of those police car video shows on Sky, you would've heard Lee Boardmans voice, he was the voiceover for Road Wars/Street Wars.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just me, but I thought the whole engagement ring business was ridiculous. And then, whatever her name is (I've forgotten it) swallowing the ring! Has she got a mental impediment!

Everyone of course will spring to her defence and say it's just a bit of fun, don't take it too seriously.

But I like programmes to have at least some semblance of reality about them. Who would do that? Who would swallow an engagement ring that was meant for someone else!

She needs a psychiatric evaluation :D