Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    Hi Newcastle, Its been nearly a year since you last posted anything at all and you have only done six posts in the last 5yrs all defending GMB. (Nothing wrong in that per se especially if you are involved in the programme in some way? hope I'm am reading your post history correctly) Do you mind me asking where you got this data from? Do you work there?
    Clearly someone is incapable of using the search function correctly. What you have stated is completely inaccurate. I particularly chuckled at 6 posts in the last 5 years all concerning GMB. Its only been on air 1 year? Frankly I couldn't care less whether or not you choose to believe the figures I have posted - I presume it doesn't fit for your narrative.
  • Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Newcastle wrote: »
    Clearly someone is incapable of using the search function correctly. What you have stated is completely inaccurate. I particularly chuckled at 6 posts in the last 5 years all concerning GMB. Its only been on air 1 year? Frankly I couldn't care less whether or not you choose to believe the figures I have posted - I presume it doesn't fit for your narrative.
    I clicked on all posts by newcastle and the page came up with your last seven posts. 6 ish about GMB 5 were in the early days of GMB then a big gap to a 2010 post about he Xfactor (which was why in last the 5yrs all your posts were reference GMB, it was because of the gap to 2010 not because GMB had been on 5yrs, obviously everyone knows how long the show has been on for!)

I thought this was odd and there are times when the search does funny things which is why I qualified it by saying 'if I've used it correctly' I also said in my post there is nothing wrong with defending the programme, but clearly you have made up mind otherwise.

P.s. If that had been an accurate record of your post history it would have suggested that you might work on the programme, which would have been great for this thread
    P.s. why wouldn't I believe your figures when GMB has had good days before when it has hit 700k?
    P.s. and one days figures good or bad doesn't fit anybodies narrative
  • NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I clicked on all posts by newcastle and the page came up with what seemed your last seven posts. 6 ish about GMB 5 were in the early days of GMB then a big gap to a 2010 post about he Xfactor. I thought this was odd and there are times when it does funny things which is why I qualified it by saying 'if I used it correctly' e
    In which case, the search function is not working correctly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In which case, the search function is not working correctly.
    Thank you for explaining that it was not accurate and presumably you don't work for GMB which is ashame
  • Greg_ScottGreg_Scott Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    723k (20%) on Tuesday. Highest share since launch.

Newcastle is the antidote to Bushmills who only ever posts the bad ratings:)
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viewing figures from first week of GMB courtesy of DS

April 28th - 768k
    April 29th - 740k
    April 30th - 640k
    May 1st - 740k
    May 2nd - 610

First two figures debatable as there were arguments of rounding up and rounding down
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewing figures from first week of GMB courtesy of DS

April 28th - 768k
    April 29th - 740k
    April 30th - 640k
    May 1st - 740k
    May 2nd - 610

First two figures debatable as there were arguments of rounding up and rounding down

If the 723,000 figure is correct it would mean a total of 3.6 million people watching TV at that time (and we know BBC Breakfast regularly takes about 39%)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greg_Scott wrote: »
    Newcastle is the antidote to Bushmills who only ever posts the bad ratings:)

According to Bushmills GMB also hit 700k on thurs 3/6/15

Figures he gave for that week were

Mon - 590,000
    Tues - 600,000
    Weds - 600,000
    Thurs - 700,000
    Fri - 650,000
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Bushmills GMB also hit 700k on thurs 3/6/15

Figures he gave for that week were

Mon - 590,000
    Tues - 600,000
    Weds - 600,000
    Thurs - 700,000
    Fri - 650,000

Was there anything particularly unusual about the Thursday ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Was there anything particularly unusual about the Thursday ?

I don't recall anything standing out except perhaps the FIFA story had legs perhaps a few extra people who normally don't watch Breakfast TV tuned in to see how that was unfolding???
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why wasnt Susanna in the 99p dress today. I am sure she would have look great in it
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've idly watched it for a couple of mornings this week while getting ready for work.
    Reid has improved quite a lot but Garraway totally bosses the show -she is excellent.

Shame they still have the vile Andi Peters cropping up though- puts me off my muesli.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Next week:

Mon: Susanna/Kate with Charlotte
    Tues: Susanna/Ben with Charlotte
    Weds: Susanna/Ben with Charlotte
    Thurs: Susanna/Ben with Ranvir
    Fri: Kate/Ben with Ranvir
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Billy_kid wrote: »
    Next week:

John Stapleton not featuring at all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next week:

Charlotte part time now,with another three day week
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he's tired after recording the numerous back to back regional politics shows they roll out every month.:D
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next week:

So looks like Charlotte is just doing another 3 day week and only on the headlines, she's only had one shift on the sofa since she has been back - seems even less of a role for her than prior to her taking maternity leave.

Have to say that I do think Kate is a natural host - seems to bring an air of chaos.
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe he's on holiday :)
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This could be the ideal job for some on here!

http://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Scheduler-BBC-News/11962

Sadly, job is with BBC News, rather than ITV,

BUT GET THIS-

'Job involves distributing staff rotas'

Closing date 29 June.

Good luck!
  • catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    What on earth is Laura wearing today ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean on headlines,been a while since he's done that.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catboy71 wrote: »
    What on earth is Laura wearing today ?

She looks like a hippy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again a glaring mistake in allowing Lorraine to pre-record Fridays. First big showbiz item is Glastonbury but, despite GMB reporting from Glasto all morning, Lorraine's show obviously can't. If they must persist with this stupid woman, why don't they just have a different host on Fridays?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again a glaring mistake in allowing Lorraine to pre-record Fridays. First big showbiz item is Glastonbury but, despite GMB reporting from Glasto all morning, Lorraine's show obviously can't. If they must persist with this stupid woman, why don't they just have a different host on Fridays?

Summer holidays soon,so at least shell be off screen for 6 weeks
  • idrewukidrewuk Posts: 93
    Forum Member

What does that matter? If GMB have already reported live from Glasto, why would Lorraine automatically do so too? Doubt the viewers care one way or another.