Kudos to Chico

-Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There's absolutely nothing wrong with coming to this show with a background in dancing, ballet, gymnastics, roller blading, or even some skating.

But, to produce what Chico did tonight, without training in any of those disciplines (and having come in as a replacement) is quite an achievement. And as a viewer, I find it even more satisfying to watch someone learn and develop from scratch (that's why I liked Donal so much - ok that was ONE of the reasons why I liked Donal so much :D)

I've always thought Chico comes across as a really nice guy so I hope he proves just as popular as he did on the X Factor.

Comments

• Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Chico aswell aswell and it was nice to see him succeed with the judges tonight, I hope the public can keep him in, and he's always making references to Chesney too which is nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, i loved his performance... he's always been a good mover as shown in his X Factor days but obviously doesn't have the actual dance/performance training some of the others have .. good on him!!!
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him and he certainly gives 100% to everything he does, he is going to be exciting to watch.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd not seen Chico on the X Factor, but I'm stunned by how good he is, and a bit worried that his body is so shapely - I can't fancy him, can I? :eek:
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Yeah....liking Chico and his enthusiasm also!! WELL DONE HIM!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with coming to this show with a background in dancing, ballet, gymnastics, roller blading, or even some skating.

But, to produce what Chico did tonight, without training in any of those disciplines (and having come in as a replacement) is quite an achievement. And as a viewer, I find it even more satisfying to watch someone learn and develop from scratch (that's why I liked Donal so much - ok that was ONE of the reasons why I liked Donal so much :D)

I've always thought Chico comes across as a really nice guy so I hope he proves just as popular as he did on the X Factor.

I can remember many reasons from the Donal appreciation thread haha. ;)

In all seriousness though I love Chico's attitude and enthusiasm. He's obviously been working very hard at his technique. It's clear he has some natural ability but to be able to pull off a routine like that so early without any of the background for it ... I was really impressed. He's so likable too, I hope he does well. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd not seen Chico on the X Factor, but I'm stunned by how good he is, and a bit worried that his body is so shapely - I can't fancy him, can I? :eek:

lol .... he is very easy on the eye and has a VERY nice physique
  • MsJoaquinMsJoaquin Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really pleasantly surprised, as I had only known him off X Factor and not watching his season, didn't know much about him, and though Oh no, when I heard he was going to be on, in all honesty thought he was going to be smug and cheesy (OK he is slightly cheesy but in an endearing way), just goes to show how wrong impressions can be, his skating was ace tonight and his personality is lovely, I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong about him , really hope he goes far in the competition
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    lol .... he is very easy on the eye and has a VERY nice physique

Maybe he and Donal have more in common than I first thought! I can see the attraction.....;)
    I can remember many reasons from the Donal appreciation thread haha. ;)

And if I remember correctly, I spent half that time mistaking you for a fella!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MsJoaquin wrote: »
    I am really pleasantly surprised, as I had only known him off X Factor and not watching his season, didn't know much about him, and though Oh no, when I heard he was going to be on, in all honesty thought he was going to be smug and cheesy (OK he is slightly cheesy but in an endearing way), just goes to show how wrong impressions can be, his skating was ace tonight and his personality is lovely, I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong about him , really hope he goes far in the competition

he also came across really well in the reality show he took part in where celebs had to be cabin crew .. he was really good at it and had a great work ethic ... I think he's a great signing for DOI :D
  • gingercodgersgingercodgers Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well I can't believe I'm going to agree with you again:D
    It's getting to be a bit of a habit.I'll only disagree with one comment and that is

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF DONAL;)
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Chico, in general, wants the public to like him...he may have wondered why(if it was the case) his popularity had dropped post X Factor as in his mind, he put his heart and soul in everything he does and during the show the public kept him in for a long while (when Simon C wanted him out). He's out to have a good time, do the very best he can for both himself (and chesney) and not upset folk in the process!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF DONAL;)

I didn't realise you were that way inclined ginger, or have I mistaken you for a fella all this time as well?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if I remember correctly, I spent half that time mistaking you for a fella!

You did but so have half the forum lol, I should have chosen a different name I guess. This year isn't bad for good looking contestants, I'm spoilt for choice male and female. ...I mean the skating is good too. ;)
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met Chico at a PA event during my younger days and he was (back then) just collecting young ladies for the night and so my opinion of him since then hasn't been high (as that type of behaviour has never been attractive to me), plus he didn't sound great live either. BUT now he's 40 and prob different in his behaviour and, in judgement of him just on this show, I thought he was very promising. He's challening his efforts in all the right way I'm glad to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise you were that way inclined ginger, or have I mistaken you for a fella all this time as well?!

I'm afraid you've mistaken me for a fella Sid:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid you've mistaken me for a fella Sid:D

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm mortified! How did I not twig after like two years?

My apologies ginger, I'm clearly rubbish at this game!

I'm expecting Ignazio to announce he's a woman now :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Chico tonight too and glad to see I'm in good company here with several Donuts.

Not sure if I should admit it but I always had a soft spot for Chico even at his most irritating on X Factor :o so am really pleased to find that he can skate and dance and show enthusiasm and come over so well. Go Chico!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it Sid,no need for apologies(for some reason people think codgers wouldn't be a name for a woman;))

Chico surprised me tonight, as I thought he was going to be all mouth and no trousers.Although I don't think he will win it I do think he should stay for a few weeks but who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icedragon wrote: »
    I liked Chico tonight too and glad to see I'm in good company here with several Donuts.

Not sure if I should admit it but I always had a soft spot for Chico even at his most irritating on X Factor :o so am really pleased to find that he can skate and dance and show enthusiasm and come over so well. Go Chico!

I used to throw a couple of votes his way every week ice. Between us, we managed to keep him in 'til near the end. Good work :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good performance on the ice.... cant sing for peanuts so think he might have it right this time.....
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found him irritating on X Factor. he did well tonight & fair play to him for coming in at short notice and doing so well.

He will have to tone down his cheesiness if he's to win me over totally though.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    I've met Chico at a PA event during my younger days and he was (back then) just collecting young ladies for the night and so my opinion of him since then hasn't been high (as that type of behaviour has never been attractive to me), plus he didn't sound great live either. BUT now he's 40 and prob different in his behaviour and, in judgement of him just on this show, I thought he was very promising. He's challening his efforts in all the right way I'm glad to see.

I think he's married now, and definitely had a kid a couple of years ago - he seems quite family orientated.

Really like Chico - he has great enthusiam for everything he does, has made the most of every opportunity that comes his way and seems like a genuinely nice, positive guy. He has a good attitude towards life.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    I thought he was amazing last night - especially as he and Jodeyne haven't had that much time together.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always had a soft spot for Chico, so was thrilled when he was so excellent lsat night. Considering he only trained for 7 days with Jodeyne, that's an incredible achievement.