Who Else Finds It Irritating That All Hse Mates Dress Up On Eviction Nights?

StykerStyker Posts: 49,789
Forum Member
It does with me! The way they all stress out about looking their best when most of them are not up for eviction so therefore the camera is only on them for a few minutes at the most on eviction nights!

What a waste of water too! No wonder we keep on getting droughts with the amount of washes they have in a day in the BB house!

Comments

• peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    I presume this is a wind up
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I like to see them all dressed up, and when we had live feed I loved to watch them all getting ready for the show......

It was nice to see Ashleigh, who usually went round the house looking drab and dismal, looking really quite nice on eviction nights......
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,789
    Forum Member
    peterstone wrote: »
    I presume this is a wind up

No, why would it be?
  • NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    It does with me! The way they all stress out about looking their best when most of them are not up for eviction so therefore the camera is only on them for a few minutes at the most on eviction nights!

What a waste of water too! No wonder we keep on getting droughts with the amount of washes they have in a day in the BB house!

The last real drought i remember was 1976 and we had standpipes in the road, BB wasn't around then, phew! What are all the other droughts you have mentioned?:confused:
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's part of BB tradition. Housemates have always dressed up for eviction nights, when they have known about them. When they are caught out by surprise evictions they are always upset that they have not been able to dress up. Eviction nights are an event for them whether they are up or not.
  • SupersarahpSupersarahp Posts: 4,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't get is why they all worry about their hair and stuff on the way into the DR as if that is the only place there could possibly be a camera.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I think it's quite courteous of them to get dressed up too. Better than sitting there in their sweatpants or pyjamas waiting to get the eviction over with to carry on with their day or go to bed. It would come across like they don't give a toss.
    Forum Member
    NightFalls wrote: »
    The last real drought i remember was 1976 and we had standpipes in the road, BB wasn't around then, phew! What are all the other droughts you have mentioned?:confused:

We had a house pipe ban for most of the country for a number of months this year.
    birdsong wrote: »
    It's part of BB tradition. Housemates have always dressed up for eviction nights, when they have known about them. When they are caught out by surprise evictions they are always upset that they have not been able to dress up. Eviction nights are an event for them whether they are up or not.

I'm not sure it always has been. I started watching from BB 3 and I don't remember them doing it so much in BB 3 and especially 4, not sure on 5 either.
    What I don't get is why they all worry about their hair and stuff on the way into the DR as if that is the only place there could possibly be a camera.

Exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't have alot to do in there, I should think they welcome an opportunity to get dressed up then have a party hopefully
  • MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure there are viewers who ONLY switch to Ch5 eviction nights only, (crazy but true) maybe this is the reason HMs dress up, because they expect higher viewer ratings
  • dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thankful for it. In Ashleigh's case, it was the only time she made an effort.
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it always has been. I started watching from BB 3 and I don't remember them doing it so much in BB 3 and especially 4, not sure on 5 either.

I've watched a lot of evictions from BB2 onwards and a lot of live feed and it's definitely a ritual to get dressed up for evictions.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    We had a house pipe ban for most of the country for a number of months this year.

Exactly.

I presume you only bathe once a week or something?
    Forum Member
    Fringo wrote: »
    I presume you only bathe once a week or something?

Nope but in every BB, some of the housemates, Scott in the last one seem to have 3 or 4 washes a day, 2 of them in the bath to make the time pass.
    Forum Member
    birdsong wrote: »
    I've watched a lot of evictions from BB2 onwards and a lot of live feed and it's definitely a ritual to get dressed up for evictions.

I don't remember most of the guys in BB 3- 5 getting all stressed out and dressed up on eviction nights unless they where up themselves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope but in every BB, some of the housemates, Scott in the last one seem to have 3 or 4 washes a day, 2 of them in the bath to make the time pass.

At least they shared...

On another note i doubt the big brother house could be responsible for emptying a reservoir for that area
  • cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.

It hasn't always been. Definitely in BB1 they didn't even get dressed up much for their own eviction night. They would wait to hear who was evicted and that person would go and get changed. There was obviously a bigger time gap then.

In BB2 I can remember Helen freaking out because she hadn't done her hair prior to a surprise eviction. On the other hand, I can remember BB4 Nush getting her hair straightened for her eviction after the announcement by Davina.

It doesn't really annoy me, but it does seem a bit pointless. I suppose since they never go out they treat it like a special occassion.
    Forum Member
    cleo wrote: »
    It hasn't always been. Definitely in BB1 they didn't even get dressed up much for their own eviction night. They would wait to hear who was evicted and that person would go and get changed. There was obviously a bigger time gap then.

In BB2 I can remember Helen freaking out because she hadn't done her hair prior to a surprise eviction. On the other hand, I can remember BB4 Nush getting her hair straightened for her eviction after the announcement by Davina.

It doesn't really annoy me, but it does seem a bit pointless. I suppose since they never go out they treat it like a special occassion.

Thats right! That used to happen in BB 3 a lot as well as they where given about an hour or more before they had to leave the house and then the evictee got ready if not pack their suitcase as well!
    Forum Member
    Swinetown wrote: »
    At least they shared...

On another note i doubt the big brother house could be responsible for emptying a reservoir for that area

Nooo, but the point is in most of the recent BB's the hse mates do seem to use a disproportionate amount of water through their numerous washing, all getting ready when their not up and I don't think its right.

I remember the twins (samanda) used to take numerous and quite long showers in the series they where in. The hse mates since BB 5 or the more recent ones do not seem to have any thought about how much water they use imo.

My own MP actually wrote a piece in the local paper about how we all need to be much more aware of how much water we use but I was already aware.