All Stars season general discussion

Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The night starts off with Joey and Kym and ends with Emmet and Cheryl.

I will be interested in the comments because my take on the evening was that because the competition is so intense everyone was way too frantic including the pros who seemed to pushing very hard (just my opinion of course). They all seem way too excited. I hope that next week they will settle into a more relaxed pattern. Len will become exceedingly grumpy if they don't practice the light and shade that he talks about.

I am going to post the scores but put them in spoilers for those who want to watch the dances first.

Joey and Kym: 6.5, 7, 7.

Shawn and Derek 8, 6.5, 7

Sabrina and Louis 7.5, 7.5 and 7.5

Helio and Chelsie 7, 7.5, 7.

Pam and Tristan 5.5, 5.5, 6.

Melissa and Tony 7, 7, 7.

Apolo and Karina 7.5, 7, 7.5

Gilles and Peta 8, 8, 8

Bristol and Mark 6.5, 6.5, 6.5

Drew and Anna 7, 7, 7.5

Kelly and Val 7, 7, 7.5

Kirstie and Maks 6.5, 6, 6.5

Emmet and Cheryl 8, 8.5, 8
I think unless Tristan's fan base will pull him through I believe Pam will be leaving tomorrow. I don't how strong her fan base is.

I thought Gilles and Emmet danced the best foxtrot and cha cha respectively. Kelly surprised because she has never done a cha cha before. Since her season was only 6 weeks long and there were several dances she has to learn from scratch.

Comments

• SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Will be interested in seeing some of the videos when they are up.

Can someone PM me with that YouTube account who used to put the clips up???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    It was a fantastic show! It was lovely to see them all back on the dancefloor giving it everything

Kelly may have forgot about it but she has danced the Cha Cha before, she performed it in the dance off episode of season 1. Her and Bristol are without doubt the people who have improved the most.

I would have placed Gilles slightly above Emmitt but they were the right top two. Sabrina is so so good but as mentioned again, she needs more light and shade in her routines.. The same thing she struggled with first time around.

Pamela seems the obvious choice to be eliminated first. She lacked a fanbase first time around and she is trailing by quite a bit in scores.

I hope I'm allowed to post this without spoiler tags since the show has already aired
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the thread, Lili :). I'd convinced myself it started next week - what a lovely suprise!

Congratulations to Tom Bergeron for his well deserved Emmy - he does the job brilliantly :)

Be back when I've seen some dancing!
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Having watched all the dances (not in the order they came but from top scores to bottom scores), its going to be a series that will be determined by the popularity of the celebs. The dancing was pretty high standard for the first show although I have to say I agree with Len and was a tad disappointed with Shawn and Derek. Their's was not a foxtrot (well not in the sense that I know it). My favourites were Gilles, Apolo and Emmit, quickly followed by Melissa and Sabrina.

I never watched the first few series so I didnt know Kelly or Drew but I can see Kelly being one of the outsiders as she seemed to have a good partership going with Val.

The early exits, if it was just down to the dancing, will probably be Kirstie, Pamela, Drew (?) and probably Bristol (although I have to say that I was impressed with the improvement and confidence of Bristol.

Is the Dance Off thing back this year for this series do we know? After the first two or three weeks, I can see it being totally open. Was interested to see just how the new partnerships worked. Am I right in saying that there are 3 of Mark's partners and 3 of Cheryl's? I think my favourite of the new partnerships so far is Gilles and Peta, quickly followed by Apolo and Karina.

Cant wait for the next shows now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Emmitt was a bit too loose in his movements. He looked quite feminine and it was as though his hips were going to go into orbit :eek:

Sabrina did attack the dance a little too hard. She seemed a bit too excited. The song didn't help - a one direction song? :rolleyes:
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect the bottom 3 (Pam Kirstie and Bristol) to all stay in, there's always some backlash to judges placing people at the bottom, and Kirstie and Bristol have big fan bases.

For me, I think Joey and Kym may find themselves, maybe not going out, but in the bottom 2 perhaps?

I also think Helio and Chelsie may make an early shock exit, though not this week. they really underwhelmed me last night :S
  • Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    just watched all the dances - what a fabulous season:D

Got several favourites already.

Loved the choreography and costumes.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the season today with some cream crackers and a glass of diet coke LOL. Loved it.

Don't want to sound harsh but happy Pamela is defo getting eliminated this week (Unless by some miracle she stays). She should not have been choosen and Mya or Brandy should be back. Oh well :(

Sabrina, Kelly, Melissa are my 3 fave females. Apolo was hot :o I just find him a little arrogant.
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    There ws a lot of great dancing. My fave is Kirstie because she is hilarious.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Just some stats for you :p

This time around, Emmitt, Apolo and Bristol all improved on their week 1 score from their previous season but Kelly wins most improved, increasing her score by 8.5 points from 13 in week 1 of season 1 to 21.5!

Helio and Joey both saw a 3.5 points decrease but Kristie and Pamela were the biggest strugglers experieincing a 4 point decrease

And Gilles was the only one to maintain his score, staying steady on 24
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Codebear has started to put the dances on his Dailymotion account. :)
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Thanks for the thread, Lili :). I'd convinced myself it started next week - what a lovely suprise!

Congratulations to Tom Bergeron for his well deserved Emmy - he does the job brilliantly :)

Be back when I've seen some dancing!

Nomination. I wished he would win though.
    My favs from last night were Emmit, Bristol. Oh i enjoyed Gilles foxtrot altough he is not my fav.
    I feel that the chemistry between : kelly & val and Pam and Tristan are forced . I found their vt cringeworthy.
    And when Kirstie kissed Tom Bergeron:rolleyes:, I mean what else can we expect from her?She is already starting to get on my nerve and its only the first show........sigh.....
    I still dont like to see Sabrina dance. Granted she is very good but I feel like she is too sharp in her movements and that I can see the desesperation on her face to do so well:o.
    On the other hand, helio is by far one of the worst dancers in that cast but he oozes enthusiasm and charisma on that dancefloor that you cant help but like him :).
    Oh and the partnership between Shawn and Derek does not work for me. Its a bit creepy:eek::eek:. He looks like he doesnt know what to do with her to project that chemistry, they are a bit awkward to watch imo. Urghh not 2 of my favs. altough I like them individually but just not as a partnership.
    Thats why between the 2 Golden Boys :D(Mark and Derek), I prefer Mark because he is imo the BEST teacher. I have yet to see Derek teach someone like Bristol to dance:cool:.And he seems so patient and forms the BEST relationship with his partners. I have loved all Mark's partnerships on this show, yes even with Kim Kardashian. I always feel that with Derek he does whatever he needs to do to win and his partnerships always seem forced to me except with lil kim and nicole), well for the most part.

Anyway, I waited all night to see Bristol and Emmit dance and they did not disappoint :).
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Nomination. I wished he would win though.
    My favs from last night were Emmit, Bristol. Oh i enjoyed Gilles foxtrot altough he is not my fav.
    I feel that the chemistry between : kelly & val and Pam and Tristan are forced . I found their vt cringeworthy.
    And when Kirstie kissed Tom Bergeron:rolleyes:, I mean what else can we expect from her?She is already starting to get on my nerve and its only the first show........sigh.....
    I still dont like to see Sabrina dance. Granted she is very good but I feel like she is too sharp in her movements and that I can see the desesperation on her face to do so well:o.
    On the other hand, helio is by far one of the worst dancers in that cast but he oozes enthusiasm and charisma on that dancefloor that you cant help but like him :).
    Oh and the partnership between Shawn and Derek does not work for me. Its a bit creepy:eek::eek:. He looks like he doesnt know what to do with her to project that chemistry, they are a bit awkward to watch imo. Urghh not 2 of my favs. altough I like them individually but just not as a partnership.
    Thats why between the 2 Golden Boys :D(Mark and Derek), I prefer Mark because he is imo the BEST teacher. I have yet to see Derek teach someone like Bristol to dance:cool:.And he seems so patient and forms the BEST relationship with his partners. I have loved all Mark's partnerships on this show, yes even with Kim Kardashian. I always feel that with Derek he does whatever he needs to do to win and his partnerships always seem forced to me except with lil kim and nicole), well for the most part.

Anyway, I waited all night to see Bristol and Emmit dance and they did not disappoint :).

Tom Bergeron did win. :confused:
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom won it Sunday night. He was completely surprised when they announced his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYzMZwM5IGQ
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    Tom won it Sunday night. He was completely surprised when they announced his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYzMZwM5IGQ

Aw - nice :)
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great performances

My fave is Helio and Chelsie

I really do like Helio, ever since his and Julianne's partnership, and i think him and Chelsie are good together
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the link Lili, totally forgot it was on this week.

Thought the standard of dance across the board was good, apart from Pam and then Bristol, but Mark's choreography saved the day for her. Hope Pam doesn't go as that would mean loosing Tris:D

Enjoyed, Giles, Helio and Apolo - trying to get used to them with out Julianne.

Val was super excited to have Kelly:D

Generally liked the show better than I expected, but wasn't really wowed by any of it yet and don't have a favourite at this stage, but then it is week 1.

SCD cameramen could learn from DWTS, much better to watch the show, even on Youtube clips, less frenetic and shows off the couple to their best advantage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2208244/Dancing-With-The-Stars-Pamela-Anderson-sets-temperature-rising-miniscule-dress--save-bottom.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/dancing-with-the-stars-all-stars-premiere-sarah-palin-shows-up-kirstie-alley-kisses-tom-bergeron/2012/09/25/5735a7ce-0695-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57519506-10391698/dancing-with-the-stars-all-stars-foxtrots-and-cha-cha-chas/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/dancing-stars-all-stars-season-premiere-emmitt-smith-gilles-marini-exude-grace-pamela-anderson-falls-flat-article-1.1167577

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4bP0eyd6K0
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot this started :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just started watching but I've never known the ballroom to feel frostier than the judges score for Joey and Kym where Carrie Ann made a barbed comment at Tom. There was nothing funny about that moment. :eek:

And I'm still annoyed at Derek getting Shawn. Why does he always get a favourite? :rolleyes:
  • Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I've just started watching but I've never known the ballroom to feel frostier than the judges score for Joey and Kym where Carrie Ann made a barbed comment at Tom. There was nothing funny about that moment. :eek:
    She was really nasty to Tom. She seemed to be in a bad mood the whole night.

I'm going to predict that the bottom two will be Pamela and Joey with Joey leaving.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Aw - nice :)

yay so deserved:):):)
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it tonight with my mum, who used to dance in amateur competitions and still likes to dance at 75.
    She liked Giles best, closely followed by Emmett.
    She thinks Mark is a bit light on his feet. No, not that way. A bit too springy, that's what she means. Exactly what I think.
    She loves Karina, in her opinion by far the best female pro.

I agree with comments made that the pros were sometimes pushing a bit too hard. But that's fine with me.
    And Kym. Wow, if they go any further with her costumes, they have to put an R-rating on the show. She looked seriously hot.
    My favourites: Giles, Melissa and Emmett.
    I don't care who leaves first as long as it's the Palin girl. Can't stand her. But like Pamela Anderson said, she's got the whole tea party backing her. If they rally behind her, like they did the first time, she's going to make it to the final.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far Joey and Kym safe. Drew/Anna, Bristol/Mark and Pamela/Tristan in jeopardy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela and Drew in bottom two.