Pretty Little Liars Season 5 (US Pace)(Spoilers in Tags)

Comments

• PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I think if it went back to the bitchy Alison the while first 4 seasons would have been pointless. Her 'disappearance' wouldn't have meant anything. The fact she told the police she was abductee shows she hasn't changed much but I am glad so far she's not being such an idiot to her friends etc

I understand why they have done it and it does make sense.. But the scene with her and Mona just didn't feel right, it felt extremely out of character. After everything Mona has done there is no way Alison would be begging to be friends with her,

I just wish they would mix the old Alison a bit in with this new one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Can someone please tell me where i can watch season 5? website i was watching season 4 on has closed down, itunes or blinkbox still dont have season 5 yet, looked everywhere online to watch it cant find anything :( if you can help that would be great thanks x
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catrin22 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me where i can watch season 5? website i was watching season 4 on has closed down, itunes or blinkbox still dont have season 5 yet, looked everywhere online to watch it cant find anything :( if you can help that would be great thanks x

If you have an android operated smartphone then i suggest you use Tv Portal: http://slideme.org/application/tv-portal

i have watched every PLL ep on there so far :)
    Forum Member
    catrin22 wrote: »

I don't think we are allowed to post links on here are we? But just search "watch pretty little liars season 5" into google and the first link has all the seasons. Hope that helps!
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from some sort of funny one liners, mainly from Mona ("Shoot...metaphorically, of course"), the latest episode was insipidly dull.

Okay, so we now know for sure it's not Jason, but then I think that was fairly obvious if only because it being him would've been far too obvious.

Whatever Peter and Melissa are hiding I'm still thinking is more to do with who the girl that's buried in Alison's grave.

That said, my theory still surrounds the 'fragile patient' on the roof of Radley the night that Toby's mum died. Whoever that is/was has connections to both Peter and Jessica.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly think the Radley patient will play into it some how. It was too big a deal to just be forgotten about.
    Agree about it being quite dull though. By the time we got to Ali walkign down the street I was thinking "God this is a bit of a depressing episode". Ali down because her mum died and just being down in general. Cheer up, you're home. Then Aria is all moapy because she saved her friends. Hanna for some reason was all sad this episode and Spencer just seems to be stuck in "nose out of joint" mode ever since finding Ali was about because she is threatened in top dog position. Even Emily was down because moapy Paige was lingering about her like a bad smell.
    I hope the next episode is a bit more cheery and we see something more of an antagonist come out the woodwork. It's a bit boring without some bad guy, especially as all we are getting at the moment is tease after tease after tease with no drama/baddie to quicken the pace. There is only so many "tell her, no don't tell her" "What are you doing? Nothing, nothing at all" "Who done that? It's not important" -end episode- WTF???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. The frustrating and unrealistic thing about all of this is that they've had so much time with Ali but have yet to ask her ANYTHING.

For example, who was the Beach Hottie who she had the pregnancy scare with? Darren Wilden looks to be the prime suspect, but it's not confirmed AFAIK, Wren is another possibility (I still think he'll play a much bigger part in the plot)
    Forum Member
    I did like Aria and Ezra's scene and also Alison and Ezra,, the rest of the episode was pretty forgettable though. Hoping it builds up something soon as I feel like nothing is really happening and no questions are being asked to Ali.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to finding out why Alison freaked out when she seen that painting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Indeed. The frustrating and unrealistic thing about all of this is that they've had so much time with Ali but have yet to ask her ANYTHING.

For example, who was the Beach Hottie who she had the pregnancy scare with? Darren Wilden looks to be the prime suspect, but it's not confirmed AFAIK, Wren is another possibility (I still think he'll play a much bigger part in the plot)

All these kind of questions are to be asked of her. Perhaps it doesn't play into the plot if they ask. Perish the thought we get answers to some questions - not all, keep some hidden, wouldn't be a show otherwise but there is so many questions you can answer some quesions of note.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with what others on here have said about Ali. I don't want to see her going back to being the mean girl. It would feel like her current character development was all for nothing if that is to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another rather dull episode... the lack of an antagonist has really slowed down the pace.

Guessing the way that Peter Hastings is being so obviously linked to Ali's mum's murder means - in the PLL world - that he clearly didn't actually do it. Plus, it's an entirely stupid idea that we're supposed believe he drugged her with his own prescription pills

Ali's scar - from being stabbed on the ghost train perhaps? Not sure it was ever confirmed who Aria stabbed, despite Jason being seen with the wound
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ali might have tried to save Aria from Wilden on the Halloween train.
    Forum Member
    This episode was very bland for me again. This season has such a slow pace and just nothing is really happening... I don't even feel much of a build up to anything either.

The Alison and Hanna scene was nice, I like those two together.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will keep my lips zipped but if anyone wants to see the trailer for next weeks big 100th episode here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmn95FLO5_A

PS remember spoiler tags. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will keep my lips zipped but if anyone wants to see the trailer for next weeks big 100th episode here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmn95FLO5_A

PS remember spoiler tags. :)

What I'm about to say isn't really a spoiler but I'll put it in tabs anyway since it references the promo.
    Finally some action. There was more in that trailer than the opening few epsisodes. I struggle to think that Shawna was big A though. Surely there is someone else out there (red coat) who was the big A behind it all and they are just letting the girls believe it is over, get comfortable before pulling the rug from under them. I hope it is something like that anyway as the show really does need some sort of antagonist. It's all been a bit boring so far but as I said, next week from the promo does look a little better
    Forum Member
    Okay the 100th episode promo has given me life again!! Finally some action and something eventful. It looks really good, can't wait!

Can't wait for the Mona/Ali showdown.
  • A_SmurfA_Smurf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    The promo looks really good and adds life to the show again. I get why the last two episodes have been at a slow pace to build tension but I find them tedious and a bit dull to watch. They don't really add anything to the story apart from exploring the girls personal lives a little more which I don't care about that much to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    What I'm about to say isn't really a spoiler but I'll put it in tabs anyway since it references the promo.
    Finally some action. There was more in that trailer than the opening few epsisodes. I struggle to think that Shawna was big A though. Surely there is someone else out there (red coat) who was the big A behind it all and they are just letting the girls believe it is over, get comfortable before pulling the rug from under them. I hope it is something like that anyway as the show really does need some sort of antagonist. It's all been a bit boring so far but as I said, next week from the promo does look a little better

Well...
    We know Shana isn't Big A as the producer said that person appeared in the Pilot,whereas Shana first appeared in Season 2.

Plus, we know Shana was also under threat from someone who knocked her out and stopped her giving the money to Alison)

I wonder if the lack of A action may be a clue: Could it be Ezra? Having been somewhat injured, it could explain it.

Was it perhaps even Alison's mum? What with her being dead and all...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The teaser looks good, looks like we'll finally get to see just who's in the grave.

Have to say, other than a new character (possible twin?) I've really no idea who it could - realistically - be? I guess it could be that girl Sara, but that'd a pretty poor secret and it seems we're meant to assume that girl was still alive the night after.

Maybe the fragile patient from radley will rear their head again...

We know that Mona had access to the clothes and bracelet that Ali was wearing 'that night', which were found on the body, so clearly she fits in somehow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Major Spoilers for 5x05.
    Caleb is back in town
    Jenna is back in town
    We will find out who was buried in Alison's grave
    There will be many revelations
    Answers but a few more questions
    One of ABC Family's Social Media Managers has strongly hinted that Alison and Emily may share a passionate kiss with each other.
    Rumors that we may find out why Alison kissed Emily outside the barn (Marlene said we will find out the answers to this very soon)
    Aria and Ezra sex scene
    Alison goes back to school
    Alison will have a scene with Paige
    Caleb will return to Rosewood as a changed man. He comes back with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Caleb and Hanna will not be getting back together anytime soon.
    A mystery person in a black car shows up in Rosewood.
    Pam returns for this episode.
    One of Rosewood's biggest secrets will be revealed.
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited for this episode!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back with (a very big) bang! :D

So 'Bethany' is in the grave and escaped radley the night Alison was buried there.

IMO it was her who hit Alison. I think she's related to Alison's mum and therefore Alison's step sister. She'd therefore definitely look like enough for to be confused with Alison's body.

Going back to 'that night', Ali's mum was very panicked on the phone (being told about Bethany's escape?) and told that Ali that she wasn't to go out 'that night', perhaps because of Bethany?

I'm not too sure she's the mental patient on the roof however, as that would make her only 12/13 at the time Toby's mum died. Still possible though, and it'd provide a connection to Spencer's dad and Wilden. It ties up nicely.

As for Ali's mum's death, I'm not buying Spencer's dad at all, too obvious, too nice, too simple for PPL.

He and Melissa are obviously up to something, but I think that concerns Bethany. We know that Melissa knew who was in the grave and she told him.

I'm now actually starting to wonder if 'Big A'/new A had actually anything to do with that night at all?

My current theory on the chain of events:

Bethany, Alison's half sister, escapes Radley. She's mentally unstable.

She attempts to kill Alison, Alison's mum sees this.

Ali's mum attempts to cover it up.

Alison escapes the grave and is taken away by Mona, who wants rid of her (but IMO would never kill, c.f. her remark about feeling guilty for hitting Hanna with the car).

Meanwhile, Bethany is killed by someone, perhaps mistaken for Alison.

Melissa and CeCe are both clearly involved here somehow. Cece knows who killed Bethany and Melissa knows it was Bethany in the grave too. Maybe one them killed her, maybe one them is Big A, or it was Big A who killed Bethany , mistaking her for Alison.

Mona sees this all too and sees the opportunity to get rid of Alison, she disguises the body as Ali using the clothes and bracelet she left with her at the Lost Woods resort.

----

I think Melissa and her dad are trying to cover up who is in the grave, but not sure if this is because of the fact that she killed her, or perhaps just because bethany has a connection with their family.

--

As for who the new/Big A is... God knows!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best part of the episode. Alison and Emily kiss scene. :cool:
  • sweetazkandisweetazkandi Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does Alison actually have feelings for Emily? I'm really not sure I don't know if I buy them as a couple to be honest! Best ep if series by far glad we finally have a new focus in the Radley girl. Can't stand Mona!! And great to see Jenna. Nice to see Spoby, Haleb and Ezria together in a scene