Options

Pretty Little Liars Season 5 (US Pace)(Spoilers in Tags)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does Alison actually have feelings for Emily? I'm really not sure I don't know if I buy them as a couple to be honest! Best ep if series by far glad we finally have a new focus in the Radley girl. Can't stand Mona!! And great to see Jenna. Nice to see Spoby, Haleb and Ezria together in a scene

Alison's kiss with Emily outside the barn real. Alison hid her feelings for Emily all along. She told Spencer in Radley that practice is always better than the real thing. Alison first referred to kissing Emily as practice probably again referring to her real feelings. Ali wanted to take Emily to Paris. Watch the Paris flashback again. You could tell there was something there for Alison feelings wise.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    That episode was so good! I liked the showdown with Mona and Alison. And it was nice having everyone together for the last scene.

Quick question though who is Bethany Young? I really can't remember if she has already been mentioned in earlier seasons? Or is she just a random person that escaped Radley!?
  • Options
    caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i did enjoy the episode, but personally I would've had this season have no A! , we've just gotten used to it, would have been good to have focused on all the mysteries were currently watching play out, and in the finale I'd liked to have either Ali or Mona killed off properly and have the Real A Return thus starting the who is A? again.

I still think Aria is the real A, always will until I see otherwise
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    That episode was so good! I liked the showdown with Mona and Alison. And it was nice having everyone together for the last scene.

Quick question though who is Bethany Young? I really can't remember if she has already been mentioned in earlier seasons? Or is she just a random person that escaped Radley!?

As it stands, she's a randomer.

Possibly, however, she's 'the fragile patient on the roof' the night Toby's mum died.

I also think she's possibly connected to Alison's mum and Spencer's dad (i.e. she is Toby's sister), which would explain why Ali's mum is on the board of directors at Radley, who she may have covered for hitting Alison (and in turn why she never wanted Ali to go out that night, why she was panicked on the phone etc) and why Spencer's dad dropped the case into Toby's mum's death.

Only issue with that theory is that CeCe said the person who killed Bethany is the same person after Ali... but CeCe could just be lying/mistaken.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    As it stands, she's a randomer.

Possibly, however, she's 'the fragile patient on the roof' the night Toby's mum died.

I also think she's possibly connected to Alison's mum and Spencer's dad (i.e. she is Toby's sister), which would explain why Ali's mum is on the board of directors at Radley, who she may have covered for hitting Alison (and in turn why she never wanted Ali to go out that night, why she was panicked on the phone etc) and why Spencer's dad dropped the case into Toby's mum's death.

Only issue with that theory is that CeCe said the person who killed Bethany is the same person after Ali... but CeCe could just be lying/mistaken.

You mean Jason's sister?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, sorry, his sister. Possibly even twin sister actually as I believe he's officially 21 now (even if he looks a heck older), so that'd make him the same age as Bethany that night
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    caz06 wrote: »
    i did enjoy the episode, but personally I would've had this season have no A! , we've just gotten used to it, would have been good to have focused on all the mysteries were currently watching play out, and in the finale I'd liked to have either Ali or Mona killed off properly and have the Real A Return thus starting the who is A? again.

I still think Aria is the real A, always will until I see otherwise

I really think Hanna could be A or the new A at least. I used to really think it was Aria until the Ezra unveil.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really think Hanna could be A or the new A at least. I used to really think it was Aria until the Ezra unveil.

I really don't think they would ever make any of the main 4 girls as A. It would just be a huge slap in the face to all the fans and everyone that has been invested in the characters. I actually wouldn't care if one of the main girls were A though (my money would be on Spencer), I just think they would have a huge amount of backlash if they did go down that route... But this is Pretty Little Liars so anything is possible lol
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Yes, sorry, his sister. Possibly even twin sister actually as I believe he's officially 21 now (even if he looks a heck older), so that'd make him the same age as Bethany that night

4 years have not passed in rosewood, I think 2 have, it moves very slowly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A seems to be stepping up their game again.

Attacking Ali in her own home, but escaping when Emily comes in.

What happened between Bethany and Mrs D.?
    Eddie probably knows more than he is letting on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved this episode. It was probably my favourite one of the season so far. I am liking the Emily / Ali scenes and also Ezra / Aria. And I'm probably the only one that thinks this but I actually was looking forward to seeing more of Hanna and Travis... I like his character. I'm not really too fussed about watching Caleb and Hanna go round in circles anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    topcat3 wrote: »
    4 years have not passed in rosewood, I think 2 have, it moves very slowly

2 since when Ali's 'body' was discovered though, right? Which would make it 3 since 'that night', which happened the summer/year before. I think about 3 and a 1/2 have passed in total since Ali disappeared (seems to be every series = 6 months)

That said reading too much into the ages is silly, I mean Wren's meant to be 24 yet is a supposedly fully qualified and experienced doctor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts on this weeks episode. Not much to talk about this week as hardly anything happened. We found out nothing new.

I can't say I am loving this emo version of Hanna. She is creating problems with Ali that aren't there to start with. Hanna needs build a bridge to get over herself and how Ali treated her in the past. I'm finding Hanna to be the most intolerable of the 5 girls this season with her emo antics being like "Oh look at me I have a drink problem and wear black everything 24/7, I am so interesting". In the past 4 seasons she has been one of my favorites. I want the old Hanna back please.

I didn't understand why Emily almost said "I love you to Paige" Emily should NEVER get back with Paige in my opinion. Paige was a big part of her journey but not her destination in my opinion. I think Paige and Emily need to go there separate ways they have split up and got back together so many times. I just can't see them lasting.

I have no idea what Ali was up to on camera but it could have something to do with Cece?

I'm I the only one who is having a hard time trusting Caleb? I find it suspicious that he has no connection to Alison. Usually the least suspicious are the most suspicious.

What is Mona and Noels connection? We found out in the season 4 finale Noel has some secrets. I think it's a safe bet to say this aren't small time secrets we are talking about some bad stuff here that could get him in a lot of trouble?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have never liked Emily and Paige together and I'm actually shocked Paige is still in the show. She has always been such a pointless character that honestly has no real point being there.

I also find it weird that they only really give Spencer's parents any story lines and air time, I find the other parents are lot more interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    I didn't understand why Emily almost said "I love you to Paige" Emily should NEVER get back with Paige in my opinion. Paige was a big part of her journey but not her destination in my opinion. I think Paige and Emily need to go there separate ways they have split up and got back together so many times. I just can't see them lasting.
    I have never liked Emily and Paige together and I'm actually shocked Paige is still in the show. She has always been such a pointless character that honestly has no real point being there.

I am a huge Paily shipper, but i understand their breakups and why this could be the last one. I think Paige is a very clever character in the show and she grown so much; her scenes with Ali and Mona have been great.

I seriously dislike the Emily/ALi dynamic and really REALLY REALLY dont want them to be a couple. I think that is stretching both characters too much. I think after everything A has put Emily through she doesnt need the drama of Ali, if Ali's feelings are indeed genuine. A bit of me thinks Emily is in love with the idea of being in love with Ali.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised that Zach has turned out to be a creep. Honestly never seen that one coming. Always thought he was a straight up nice guy. Poor Ella. Hope she finds out before it's too late.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started watching PLL a month back and I am so far on S4 (just finished the 2nd episode of that season), so I am avoiding the spoilers.

So, I am really enjoying the show. Just a few of questions though first:

1. Why was the actor playing Jason changed after the first season? When he returned in S2, I was getting confused thinking, "This another Jason?" before they refereed him to Ali's brother.

2. Maybe I haven't been paying attention recently, but what has happened to Spencer's dad? I haven't seen him in a little while.

3. Caleb's Dad was framed by A. Will he return and ever see Caleb again? It'd suck if he didn't.

OK. My thoughts:

- I am completely baffled by Melissa at this moment. One time she's a target, another time she's a villain,; I don't know where I stand with her.

- Spencer's breakdown in S3 was riveting to watch; watching her go into insanity was interesting.

- I have a feeling that Alison really is alive. But if she was, I wonder what the point of the plotline would be? I mean, yes A is still targeting them? But if Alison is alive, surely, they would just have no reason to go looking for answers, turn off their phone or even move and ignore the taunts from A?

- One of my fave S3 episodes was the train episode. That was great to watch! Aria in the box with Garrett!

- Emily's storylines interest me the least, I don't find her interesting ever since Maya was killed. Paige annoys me; can she get killed off please? :D

- I really like Toby and Spencer moreso than any other couple on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    I started watching PLL a month back and I am so far on S4 (just finished the 2nd episode of that season), so I am avoiding the spoilers.

So, I am really enjoying the show. Just a few of questions though first:

1. Why was the actor playing Jason changed after the first season? When he returned in S2, I was getting confused thinking, "This another Jason?" before they refereed him to Ali's brother.

2. Maybe I haven't been paying attention recently, but what has happened to Spencer's dad? I haven't seen him in a little while.

3. Caleb's Dad was framed by A. Will he return and ever see Caleb again? It'd suck if he didn't.

OK. My thoughts:

- I am completely baffled by Melissa at this moment. One time she's a target, another time she's a villain,; I don't know where I stand with her.

- Spencer's breakdown in S3 was riveting to watch; watching her go into insanity was interesting.

- I have a feeling that Alison really is alive. But if she was, I wonder what the point of the plotline would be? I mean, yes A is still targeting them? But if Alison is alive, surely, they would just have no reason to go looking for answers, turn off their phone or even move and ignore the taunts from A?

- One of my fave S3 episodes was the train episode. That was great to watch! Aria in the box with Garrett!

- Emily's storylines interest me the least, I don't find her interesting ever since Maya was killed. Paige annoys me; can she get killed off please? :D

- I really like Toby and Spencer moreso than any other couple on the show.

Yay! Welcome to the club :D S4 is actually my favourite season of the show so enjoy!

I'll try and answer your questions and avoid spoilers for you!

1. There hasn't been a real explanation as to why they changed actors for Jason. My guess would be the Jason in S1 compared to S2 onwards is that he got a lot darker and the new actor fitted the character role more. I way prefer this Jason anyway, so not complaining.

2. Spencer's Dad comes and goes, as do all the parents in this show. As soon as they get given a storyline, they get dropped out and disappear for a few episodes after. He is around quite a bit in S4&5 though!

3. I won't give away too much in regards to Caleb, but his dad doesn't come back. They were trying to give Caleb more of a backstory as the character was moving to the spinoff show Ravenswood.

I argee with most of your points.. The train episode is definitely up there with my favourite episodes to, plus you get some answers about that episode which are nice to.

I disargee about the whole Spencer/Toby relationship though, I find them extremely boring.. I actually switch off when it comes to those two. And the Spencer breakdown I actually found really irriatiting to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Yay! Welcome to the club :D S4 is actually my favourite season of the show so enjoy!

I'll try and answer your questions and avoid spoilers for you!

1. There hasn't been a real explanation as to why they changed actors for Jason. My guess would be the Jason in S1 compared to S2 onwards is that he got a lot darker and the new actor fitted the character role more. I way prefer this Jason anyway, so not complaining.

2. Spencer's Dad comes and goes, as do all the parents in this show. As soon as they get given a storyline, they get dropped out and disappear for a few episodes after. He is around quite a bit in S4&5 though!

3. I won't give away too much in regards to Caleb, but his dad doesn't come back. They were trying to give Caleb more of a backstory as the character was moving to the spinoff show Ravenswood.

I argee with most of your points.. The train episode is definitely up there with my favourite episodes to, plus you get some answers about that episode which are nice to.

I disargee about the whole Spencer/Toby relationship though, I find them extremely boring.. I actually switch off when it comes to those two. And the Spencer breakdown I actually found really irriatiting to watch.

Just in case there are lurkers who are behind me, don't read... *SPOILERS*

Thanks!! Just finished Ep 12 of S4 now. Great episode with Cece's "fall", so obvious she wasn't dead though. I find it odd that Travis helped out Ashley, I reckon in the world of PLL, no one can be that nice without an actual motive, but who knows? Maybe he really is just someone who wanted to help, and wasn't another lackey of A.

It honestly didn't surprise me about the final scene with Ezra. He has been acting odd for a while, and not just because of the whole "Malcolm is not my kid" thing.

I was right about Alison being alive then. I hope we get to see her soon!! Would love to see her chemistry with the girls.

Interesting to see that Jenna is starting to feel the strains of her surgery. And Shona needs to just go away, can't stand her.

Good to see Mike back occasionally and over his depression, and seems to have grown closer to Aria.

Jake- In my opinion, this is the only person that doesn't worry me regarding being A or a villain, I think he is genuine, which makes me think that he is danger or he may be killed.

Another three questions about disappearances:

1. Where is Sean? He happened to drop off the show at the end of S1. Did he move schools? Just wondering just in case I missed it being mentioned.

2. Where is Lucas?

3. Noel? Maybe will pop by every now and then now he doesn't seem to have much of a plot with Mona ditching him first and now Jenna involved with Shona. I guess he has nothing to do now to be involved in the show regularly.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does Alison actually have feelings for Emily? I'm really not sure I don't know if I buy them as a couple to be honest! Best ep if series by far glad we finally have a new focus in the Radley girl. Can't stand Mona!! And great to see Jenna. Nice to see Spoby, Haleb and Ezria together in a scene

No she does not she just used that to her advantage. Its funny how after Em was all about to leave Ali alone and go with Paige she tells Em that. Id not trust Ali as far as i could throw her tbh.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alison's kiss with Emily outside the barn real. Alison hid her feelings for Emily all along. She told Spencer in Radley that practice is always better than the real thing. Alison first referred to kissing Emily as practice probably again referring to her real feelings. Ali wanted to take Emily to Paris. Watch the Paris flashback again. You could tell there was something there for Alison feelings wise.

Ali said she wanted to go to Paris and it would be nice if Em came. She did not say she wanted to run away on some love tryst. I just can't buy Ali loving anyone but herself. Ali is a user and i'm sure her true motives will be revealed soon.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cringe every time we hear about Ravenswood or Calebs time away lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Another three questions about disappearances:

1. Where is Sean? He happened to drop off the show at the end of S1. Did he move schools? Just wondering just in case I missed it being mentioned.

2. Where is Lucas?

3. Noel? Maybe will pop by every now and then now he doesn't seem to have much of a plot with Mona ditching him first and now Jenna involved with Shona. I guess he has nothing to do now to be involved in the show regularly.

Sean got written out the show, but they didn't actually explain where he went. Shame as they could have developed him a lot better.

Lucas and Noel come and go a lot. They haven't really been in it recently though. The same with Mike.. Who actually is one of my favourite characters. I just wish they gave him more screen time.

It's weird to me as i find Toby the weakest and least interesting male character, but they give him so much screen time compared to everyone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Tyyleer!

Just finished S4. Wow, what an episode and finally we get Alison's events in much fuller detail. I was getting confused how Ali seemed to be everywhere at once when new info came up in previous episodes when she was supposed to be with the other liars the night she disappeared, so at least it makes sense now that she did all her "errands" (going to see Byron, Ian, Ezra, etc...)whist the other 4 were asleep as she gave them the sleeping pills.

Ali was the one who pushed Ian at the clock tower!!

WHO ON EARTH IS THE NEW A?

WTF, EZRA DEAD?

JESSICA DEAD?

This is just too much to handle :eek:

Then it was interesting to see that:

- Ali was just coming out of consciousness when Jessica was burying her.
    - Mona was the first person to see Ali (after she escaped when she was saved by the woman) and told her to disguise herself, and then Ali was the reason Mona became a different person....
    - Noel helping Alison reunite with the liars

1. Melissa's back, quite happy to see her again. WHAT DID SHE WHISPER TO HER DAD?? Arghh

2. Have to agree with you when saying Toby is quite weak, I agree now, they need to substitute him for Dean who I much preferred. Just like I preferred Jake over Ezra.

3. Travis is great too, nice normal guy it seems.

4. Arghh, Paige, go away. Please just bring in anyone else for Emily. I almost feel the need to skip when Paige talks.
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

1. Melissa's back, quite happy to see her again. WHAT DID SHE WHISPER TO HER DAD?? Arghh

We find this out in 5x11 (two weeks away)