Options

Pauline Quirke

2»

Comments

• Options
    TwentyFifteenTwentyFifteen Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    ARYM wrote: »
    And although I have no idea what is going on in Broadchurch she is menacing in it :)

Is she a smoker in real life?
    80sfan wrote: »
    I believe both her and Linda Robson are real-life smokers, yes

Linda doesn't smoke and has appeared on This Morning a few times advocating e-cigarettes and nicotine inhalators. She gave up a few years ago but is still addicted to the harmless nicotine. I don't believe Pauline smokes anymore, but I might be wrong. Makes no difference though, funny question. Loads of people smoke.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pauline is enormous again. What is going on. She did a huge campaign for LiterLite and was constantly on our TV screens, then everything went quiet and now we know why. She has regained every pound. So much for for the diet plan!! Has anyone used this diet out there in DS Land, have you regained every pound??

I wouldn't say she's put every pound back on because IIRC she was 19 stone plus when she started that Lighter Life diet (ugh, I'd rather eat sawdust!) and I wouldn't say she's anywhere back near that.
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Portion control is important.
    Less potatoes more veg like carrots and green beans.
    You don't have to go without your favourites
    Eat what you normally eat, but half the amount- you won't feel hungry after a while, you'll be used to it
    If you like daily treat, eg bar of choc,
    have it as a pudding, not between meals.
    Drink water instead of squash , sparkling water instead of coke, small changes make a difference.
    Have butter, but not thick, just a scrape. Slice cheese thinly
    You are more likely to stick to this, and eat like it as a way of life , because you can have things you want not a diet

This is great advice :)
    Flukie wrote: »
    There's a magazine out with her pic on the front saying she'd lost some weight again.

I remember saying, re Pauline, that the sort of diet she was on, with milkshakes replacing meals, that when she went back to 'normal' food again she might put weight on again - specially after the mass press lost interest, cos of course, she was always being interviewed/photographed when she first lost all that weight. That alone would have been the incentive for her to keep the weight off.

But once that went away there was always a danger weight would creep back on. I dunno how true it was, but I saw a magazine before Christmas where it said she's lost 8 stone and put 4 back on.

That sounds more like it to me. There's no doubt at all that she's put some weight back on but I honestly don't know how you'd ever come off that diet and NOT put on weight. Isn't it restricted to about 500 cals a day? Your system's not going to know what's hit it after almost being starved!

I remember seeing Pauline in one of her TV interviews where she discussed Lighter Life being adamant that it worked and that if she put weight back on afterwards it would be her fault. I wonder if she still feels like that?
    Flukie wrote: »
    I remember that woman from Steps (Claire was it?) lost a lot of weight about 4 years ago. And I also remember watching a programme about her and she was shown on the day she was going to go public with her new figure and she was going through torture with excercise to lose 2lbs or something like that. She said herself it was agony, but of course when she was in front of a camera it was all about how great she felt and how easy it all was, probably!

I'm always amazed anyone buys these 'celeb' excercise DVD,'s cos a lot of them probably put weight on on purpose when it's not natural to them, so that they can con people into buying their DVD of their 'easy' way of losing weight!

I agree, a bit skint? Put a some weight on, be photographed as unflatteringly as possible by a conveniently passing pap (yeah right) and then be very publicly horrified at the state of your jelly belly in the pictures, roll on a few months and emerge looking like a twig but with the all important 'How I did it' DVD to flog. It's all so contrived *roll eyes*
    cas1977 wrote: »
    I've always thought she's looked better when she's been fatter. A thinner face didn't suit her especially when she was in Emmerdale.

I actually think they nearly all look better when they've put a stone or so back on because their faces look really gaunt when they've dieted (I think the only exception was Dawn French and I believe that even she's put a couple of stone back on).

Strangely enough re Emmerdale I thought her weight loss really suited the part. She arrived 19 stone, her son was dreadfully injured in a crash with a train ending up quadriplegic so his mother rapidly losing weight and looking gaunt was quite convincing. Pauline's weight loss coincided nicely with the storyline even though it was obviously a complete coincidence, lol!
  • Options
    j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every one pound of weight equates to 3500 calories ....easy to eat hard to not and cut back by good luck to all those dieting
  • Options
    ARYMARYM Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I asked if she smoked as she seemed like a proper smoker on Broadchurch.

Not bothered whether she smokes or not :cool:
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ARYM wrote: »
    I asked if she smoked as she seemed like a proper smoker on Broadchurch.

Pauline can't be on the '**** & coffee' diet then ;-)

Nicotine is well known to suppress appetites, which makes smoking popular with many actors, singers, dancers and models of course
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda doesn't smoke and has appeared on This Morning a few times advocating e-cigarettes and nicotine inhalators. She gave up a few years ago but is still addicted to the harmless nicotine.

I read Linda Robson was a 40-50 a day smoker and wanted to give up as her father died from lung cancer. I hope for her sake she has given up for good this time.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the Daily Fail is using it's unsubtle way of having a go at PQ weight again today .They don't say anything outright but the write refers to her clothes and make up in a way that would make Barbara Cartland toes curl . I wish they'd back off and stop posting intrusive pictures of her .They do it to Pierce Brosnans wife too .
  • Options
    culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 22/10/17 - 16:26 #34
    She went on a starvation diet and lost loads, then started eating again and got fat. There is no quick fix for long term weight loss.
    I know from experience that's the worst possible thing to do. If you're losing more than about 2 pounds a weeks then the majority of that will be muscle, not fat, and then if/when you return to your previous eating habits you'll be worse off as you will replace a lot of what was previously muscle with fat.

Far better to aim for losing just 1 to 2 pounds a week max, and none of these silly faddy only protein, only this or only that diets, just a balanced diet and fewer calories than you are currently consuming, and in particular look out for saturated fat, sugar and salt.
  • Options
    SalcySalcy Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got paid to promote lighter life, which is a load of money for basically milkshake powder, which is completely unsustainable and doesn't re reeducate you about what you should be eating. YOu need to make sure if you are doing it that you are very determined to not eat any crap afterwards or the weight will go back on. I know through bitter experience that once you go on a diet, you have to be on it for life. Better to do it in a sustainable way that involves healthy eating and real food than through fake food. Unfortunately, fruit and vegetables and raw cooking ingredients don't have the mark up of diet foods, diet ready meals and shakes.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    She's a damn good actor and her weight is irrelevant. She has consistently worked since her teens,.