Options

Has anyone gave up on this series? (Or close)

PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
Forum Member
It pains me to say this being such a big BB fan but I'm so close to giving up on this series. I've only ever given up on one other series and that was the first series on C5.

I'm just finding this series so boring, the houseguests are all unlikeable and quite frankly uninteresting. The 4 in 4 out twist was one of the best twists they've done for me but after a week it's fallen flat again. I'm hoping this timewrap twist might make it interesting again but if not I might have to call this one off :(

What's everyone else's opinion? Have you giving up or close to? Or just me?

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not close to giving it up but this week's episodes have been background noise for me

I find the harry and marc feud a bore, and the Marc and Sam romance a yawn.
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually found this series better than the last couple. Last year I dipped in and out but this time I've watched almost every episode.
  • Options
    bb2011fanbb2011fan Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I have not
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.

If people made it through last year, there should be no issue this year. This year is like watching Telletubbies compared to last year's A Serbian Film.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Nope.

If people made it through last year, there should be no issue this year. This year is like watching Telletubbies compared to last year's A Serbian Film.

The HM's may not be as bad but the manipulation and fixing is worse than ever.
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I loved this series for the first few weeks, then my interest admittedly started to wane over the past couple, but I've found myself getting into it again now.

And as Salv said, BB15 was utter torture (from Week 4 onwards for me) and I somehow watched to the end, so I've no reason to stop watching BB16 which is miles better IMO.
  • Options
    CalamCalam Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Nope.

Shudder
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    The HM's may not be as bad but the manipulation and fixing is worse than ever.

I don't think it's any worse. Did peoole forget when Ashleigh was voted by us to be in power and then BB stuck her up for eviction.

How about evicting 2 hms without a public vote? (Marlon and Danielle)

Yep no where near as bad as last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's any worse. Did peoole forget when Ashleigh was voted by us to be in power and then BB stuck her up for eviction.

How about evicting 2 hms without a public vote? (Marlon and Danielle)

Yep no where near as bad as last year.

Simon was evicted without a public vote. Every single task is set up to cause arguments. Nominations are switched because they didn't want to lose certain HM's. Jack had 3 nomination passes. Nick has to nominate face to face until he leaves. We have had 2 face to face nominations already. We still haven't had a normal set of nominations. One of the HM's get to go in a secret room instead of being evicted because they knew Marc or Simon would be up. Outside info going into the house.

This has all happened in only 4 weeks, think how long this list will be by the end.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched for a couple of years but thought I'd give this year a try. I was enjoying it, didn't even mind the 4 in 4 out, but the 4 they've brought in, bar maybe Simon, were dreadful viewing, so I've given up on this one. If Mark leaves (highly unlikely) I'd probably watch again.
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB is trainwreck stuff, but it's still fun even when it's really bad. That said, I don't know how much interest I would have been able to hold had Sarah and Harriet stayed around. They were the ruination of the series early on.
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Marqs scripted antics bore me death but its not enough yet to make me switch off. Maybe if they twist things again so tinfoil boy and crybaby simon are again immune from the public vote a second time i would change my mind.
  • Options
    Bunnygirl66Bunnygirl66 Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Pretty much although I will still watch the evictions. This is the first CH5 series I have watched (started watching the first one and gave up within a few days) although I watched and enjoyed all the ch4 ones. Ever since the new housemates came in it has gone downhill for me.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Simon was evicted without a public vote. Every single task is set up to cause arguments. Nominations are switched because they didn't want to lose certain HM's. Jack had 3 nomination passes. Nick has to nominate face to face until he leaves. We have had 2 face to face nominations already. We still haven't had a normal set of nominations. One of the HM's get to go in a secret room instead of being evicted because they knew Marc or Simon would be up. Outside info going into the house.

This has all happened in only 4 weeks, think how long this list will be by the end.

This too ^

And then there's the number of tasks/rewards Jade has been given...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    Marqs scripted antics bore me death but its not enough yet to make me switch off. Maybe if they twist things again so tinfoil boy and crybaby simon are again immune from the public vote a second time i would change my mind.

Unless they are sure Marc will be safe, he won't ever face eviction. They won't allow it.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    I actually stopped watching but after a week gave it a go again and actually got into it again
  • Options
    rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I have not given up but BB has become like a crack cocaine addiction, a dirty habit you cannot break.....
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    It's a particularly miserable house atmosphere, I have to say. Those who aren't miserable all the time are just cruising in the background, there's a lack of happy go lucky characters and party atmosphere and BB's meddling, far from making it more exciting is just keeping everyone miserable, confused and firmly in their shells.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave up after Adjoa's eviction, then got back into it after 4in4out, but have lost interest and quit again because I don't ****ing care about old HMs. If they weren't doing this stupid twist then maybe I'd still be watching.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im actually enjoying it. I was so fed up of watching constant arguments, it makes a change seeing people actually having fun and being shocked when there is an argument
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have nearly given up a couple of times but am finding it's got good again this week and looking forward to Timewarp week.
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I haven't 'gave' up but I have nearly 'given' up several times
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    It pains me to say this being such a big BB fan but I'm so close to giving up on this series. I've only ever given up on one other series and that was the first series on C5.

I'm just finding this series so boring, the houseguests are all unlikeable and quite frankly uninteresting. The 4 in 4 out twist was one of the best twists they've done for me but after a week it's fallen flat again. I'm hoping this timewrap twist might make it interesting again but if not I might have to call this one off :(

What's everyone else's opinion? Have you giving up or close to? Or just me?

I have almost. I haven't watched the HLs for over a week and on BOTS even longer ago.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't given up watching it, but I have to say that it feels very predictable and just going through the motions.

That's the problem when BB try to control the show too much.....it actually feels controlled and as if it's operating to a predictable formula.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching as it was broadcast, but am now mainly recording and catching up whenever... possibly a sign that I may go over the cliff if they start stacking up. I'm already fastforwarding through more than the ad breaks.