Options

What is The Cheapest/Best Service That Provides Widest Catalogue of Films?

2»

Comments

• Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    St_Jammy wrote: »
    I think you can access those things but don't quote me on it as I've never tried. I also imagine there might be additional steps if they are American services so I'd imagine you'd need American info to be able to register with them, it all depends on what your trying to access. Paying for the actually DNS there's no problems with payments.

HBO/Showtime are like SKY of the US and they show Pay per view boxing on major fights.
  • Options
    PuddinPuddin Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    HBO/Showtime are like SKY of the US and they show Pay per view boxing on major fights.

The box I have twice now suggested (and for the last time, as I'm bored now) streams all pay per view boxing games and sports live... free.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Puddin wrote: »
    The box I have twice now suggested (and for the last time, as I'm bored now) streams all pay per view boxing games and sports live... free.

OP sounds like a persons who is quite happy to pay his way so I don't think that box really applies to him.
  • Options
    PuddinPuddin Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    St_Jammy wrote: »
    OP sounds like a persons who is quite happy to pay his way so I don't think that box really applies to him.

OP sounds like a person who wanted to know the cheapest service with the widest variety of films, I provided the cheapest service with the widest variety of films.

I've been quite happy to pay my way with Sky, Netflix, Lovefilm and most others over the years. Until I realised it was futile, they never had the film or TV series I wanted and I could obtain it all (legally) for a small one off payment. To each their own :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Or my earlier suggestion which is a one off payment of £35 and has all the films, TV programmes and more than the above. Lol.

I'm avin a look now.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An MXQ smart TV box. Couldn't recommend enough. Only costs £35 off of Amazon and couldn't be without it. It has EVERYTHING.... you can live stream sky channels through it (boyfriend loves it for cricket and BT sports - BT being especially handy as all champions league football is being shown on BT as of next year). Has every channel in the world and every movie you can think of. You need a decent wifi connection but if you've got that you're laughing. I just finished watching Jurassic World on it and the picture is crystal clear.

We've actually cancelled our Sky subscription because it's been made redundant!

Can we do the same on our PC's or is this MXQ device able to do things beyond what computers can do?
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Amazons website, (if you sign in) it says Prime £6.99 and then the next option says Add Love Film - £7.99. I'm assuming that means if someone goes for the LF option, they can get the streaming option too. I'll check it with Amazon in a few days when my Sky Movies subscription ends.

The services are Lovefilm by post and Prime Instant Video. One is the post only service 2 disc at a time the second one is Prime Instant video which is streaming at 5.99.

If you want both the postal and Streaming service you need to subscribe to both. Now rather than paying 5.99 for the Prime Instant Video you can get the yearly prime account which comes with the Prime instant Video.

However if you also want the Lovefilm by Post as a prime user that is 6.99 rather than 7.99 stand alone.
  • Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we do the same on our PC's or is this MXQ device able to do things beyond what computers can do?

In your OP you were asking for "legal" services only, so boxes like that are probably not what you're looking for. They do have the absolute best selection of films available, however.

But to answer your question, yes you can do exactly the same thing on any PC. Simply install the Kodi software (which is free & perfectly legal btw) and some quick googling will tell you about the not-so-legal free add-ons available to install.

If you have HDMI out on your computer, you can even connect it up to a TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In your OP you were asking for "legal" services only, so boxes like that are probably not what you're looking for. They do have the absolute best selection of films available, however.

But to answer your question, yes you can do exactly the same thing on any PC. Simply install the Kodi software (which is free & perfectly legal btw) and some quick googling will tell you about the not-so-legal free add-ons available to install.

If you have HDMI out on your computer, you can even connect it up to a TV.

Thanks for that info, I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bluescope wrote: »
    The services are Lovefilm by post and Prime Instant Video. One is the post only service 2 disc at a time the second one is Prime Instant video which is streaming at 5.99.

If you want both the postal and Streaming service you need to subscribe to both. Now rather than paying 5.99 for the Prime Instant Video you can get the yearly prime account which comes with the Prime instant Video.

However if you also want the Lovefilm by Post as a prime user that is 6.99 rather than 7.99 stand alone.

I'll double check it with Amazon at some point but I think you could be correct. If you are, then I think I will opt for the pay as you watch options rather than pay for the monthly subscriptions as I only get to watch movies every now and then.