Options

Anybody been offered housing association house before?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says anybody ever received an offer? Does it come verbally by phone or via there bidding website? Do they change your application to inactive of you get an offer? How quick do you get the keys to the flat?

Comments

• Options
    babinabababinaba Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I did many many years ago. Offered via phone and could have moved in quickly (prob within 2 weeks) though I turned it down
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will depend on if the properties ready to rent out straight away, normally with our local HA its offer over the phone and then view it and if you're happy then they sort out the paperwork while they get the place ready as quite often when people leave they just leave the property until a tenant is found and then start the tidying up process as they like to get things right for the new tenant so things like paint on walls or exact fittings for doors etc that don't cost them any more to do but make the place better when they arrive
  • Options
    karen_charnockkaren_charnock Posts: 1,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We put a bid on a house last September. It was a 3 bedroom house with a HA. They were still being built on a new development and there were 21 in total. We found out about 3 weeks later that we had got the house but they wouldn't be ready until December. We got the keys on the 8th dec and moved in on the 12th and love it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's been almost 2 years for me now even with priority seems like I will have to look at other options.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Yes it's been almost 2 years for me now even with priority seems like I will have to look at other options.

Alot dependson what priority you have and what becomes available and if people have more priority over you, waiting years is pretty normal now unless you are classed as very high priority, ie homeless, becoming homeless in the near furture ie landlord given notice, medical priority and things like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Alot dependson what priority you have and what becomes available and if people have more priority over you, waiting years is pretty normal now unless you are classed as very high priority, ie homeless, becoming homeless in the near furture ie landlord given notice, medical priority and things like this.

Got the second highest priority from the top. For example they quote making best use before priority awards so two people for a one bed flat would come top and only a homeless pass could overtake is. The letting feedback shows anybody with a pass waits mostly a few months one year is the longest I seen in my area but longer in others.

The flat I bid for and deleted a few months back went to a pass below me but now I am more sure of the area I did bid and my luck seems I've not got his one..
  • Options
    karen_charnockkaren_charnock Posts: 1,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were on the waiting list for a council house for 8 years.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Got the second highest priority from the top. For example they quote making best use before priority awards so two people for a one bed flat would come top and only a homeless pass could overtake is. The letting feedback shows anybody with a pass waits mostly a few months one year is the longest I seen in my area but longer in others.

The flat I bid for and deleted a few months back went to a pass below me but now I am more sure of the area I did bid and my luck seems I've not got his one..

Yes you might be second priority list, but saying the number of people who become homeless now or in the near future, and medical , and disabilty needs will just up straight over the to the top of the list, and the number of people becoming homeless is increasing and expected to increase more this year, sorry to say but you could have a long wait.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had one in the past but now I'm something like 700th on the list. Going to be years I imagine!