The Digital Spy Apprentice - Series 2 - Task Announcement Thread!

1171819202123»

Comments

• xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got exams coming up and one of my close friends died yesterday and if I'm honest I just don't feel I could be bothered doing this game any more based on that, also I was going to quit last week as I've found one or two tasks not this one though very enjoyable to do due to the Boardroom's. I know it's only a game but I'd like to just leave and let Gav and David both stay.
    I said I was going to quit because of you and your scheming and bitching directed towards me outside of tasks and saying you'd sabotage tasks in order to make sure I got fired. Hardly a team player or worthy semi-finalist.
    Taken from the boardroom.

Yes I understand the second part is about me, but surely your exams and the death of your friend played a bigger factor?!

I am sick of being named in ever post you make, bur rather me than Louise- who I think has had one bad task. I'm done with all of this now. Myself/David are becoming friends again, I try to ignore Val when I can and Katie is making her way onto my actual ignore list.

Now, let's carry on with the game!
    I'm pretty sure you and David aren't becoming friends and yes I'll admit I've clashed with two candidates one of which was only during tasks but the fact you've argued with every single person in the game and I was warned in advance of working with you about your personality and the fact you've made several accusations about me which are untrue has seriously p*ssed me off and has caused me to fall out with another candidate because of all your scheming. Anyways, on part of me really wants you to make the final because all the ex-candidates return and seeing as everyone who's been fired aside from Naruto (well not that I'm aware of) and the people you didn't work with seem to not like you what so ever.

Anyway I'm avoiding this thread now until the finals because I really cba with you any more to be totally honest.
  • ShellmanShellman Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the past fifteen minutes been reading through this munching on popcorn.
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taken from the boardroom.

Yes I understand the second part is about me, but surely your exams and the death of your friend played a bigger factor?!

I am sick of being named in ever post you make, bur rather me than Louise- who I think has had one bad task. I'm done with all of this now. Myself/David are becoming friends again, I try to ignore Val when I can and Katie is making her way onto my actual ignore list.

Now, let's carry on with the game!

Sorry Jess, I've left it here and you make a fair point, so good luck in the game as well as the other three, I'm finished :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    When are we going to be able to see the interviews?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    emz878 wrote: »
    When are we going to be able to see the interviews?

It'll probably be a little while yet, as two of the interviewers are unavailable till this weekend at the earliest. However, I'm still accepting questions for the candidates, so if you or anyone else would like to send any in, that would be great! :)
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anactoria wrote: »
    It'll probably be a little while yet, as two of the interviewers are unavailable till this weekend at the earliest. However, I'm still accepting questions for the candidates, so if you or anyone else would like to send any in, that would be great! :)

Do they have to be general questions to all the candidates or can some be tailored to specific candidates?
    Forum Member
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    Do they have to be general questions to all the candidates or can some be tailored to specific candidates?

I'd like to avoid having some candidates answer significantly more questions than others, but if you have tailored questions for all four, feel free to send them in! :)
    Forum Member
    I know it's been ages, but the interview boardroom will take place tonight at 8PM! I'll start posting the transcripts of the interviews at 7PM, so any viewers can read through them before the interviews begin.

Thanks again to those who sent in questions, and good luck to all finalists!
    Forum Member
    We started out with fourteen candidates, and slowly but surely, twelve of them have fallen by the wayside. Now, only Gav and Louise remain to fight it out for the title of the Digital Spy Apprentice.

The final task will begin in a few moments, but first, we have some returning candidates...
    Forum Member
    Please welcome back the five returning candidates who will be helping in this task!

Val (dondfan998)
    Naruto (Narutofan100)
    Jess (I've Got Class)
    Amroussi
    and Zak (Satanel)!

Thanks very much to all five for agreeing to help out; we hope you'll enjoy it!
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited and nervous to see what the final task is!

Welcome back to the candidates :D
    Forum Member
    One of you will get to go first and third when picking your helpers; the other will get to go second, fourth, and fifth.

Louise won the coin flip, so Louise, do you want to go 1st/3rd or 2nd/4th/5th?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1st & 3rd please!
    Forum Member
    Okay, please pick your first-choice candidate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first candidate I'd like to work with is Zak, please!
    Forum Member
    Great! Gav's highest placed candidate of those remaining is Amroussi.

Louise, which candidate would you like to choose out of Jess, Val, and Naruto?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second candidate for me will be Jess, please!
    Forum Member
    So this means that the teams for the final task are as follows:

Louise
    Zak
    Jess

Gav
    Amroussi
    Val
    Naruto
    Forum Member
    Now, onto the task...

For this task, you will be setting up your own small business in the form of a publishing house. Everything from the name of the publishing house to its marketing plan will be down to you - your job is to figure out exactly what a publishing house needs to be successful in today's market, and bring all of those factors together to create a business with genuine potential for success.

For this task, you will be expected to do the following:

- Figure out a name for the publishing house, and create a logo
    - Decide what types of books you will publish (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, genre, etc.), and explain why you think these genres are good choices. You can also pick up to three currently published titles that embody the type of work you will be publishing
    - Decide your stance on ebooks vs paper books, and explain your reasons
    - Create a detailed four-week marketing plan for your hypothetical first book. Decide where you'll market it and how you're going to do it, without losing sight of the fact that this is a small publishing house.
    - Plan a launch party with some kind of literary theme
    - Write a brief evaluation of your overall plan

The task will take place over four days, ending on Wednesday at 5PM. The final candidates will be expected to do the majority of the work themselves; I will be unimpressed if they expect their team members to shoulder the burden.

For this final task, Tyjet will be following Team Louise, and Pete will be following Team Gav. Good luck to both finalists!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,389
    Forum Member
    Sorry I just saw this! Will start heliograph tomorrow btw well done Gav and Strictly really well deserved! :D
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck in the final, Louise & Gav!

Commiserations Jess/Zak. All four of you were fantastic candidates and all deserving finalists!

I love this final task and can't wait to see what you both come up with... I would've loved to have come back for the final, but unfortunately I have too massive exams on Tuesday/Wednesday so I am just too busy with study etc to be able to help out! So i'm not just being bitter or anything, lmao.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got online to see the final as I haven't been on DS for a while. I am free for the next week but I'm assuming I'll be put in a team with Louise and Jess for the final and based on the horrendousness of the last task we all worked together on I think I'll maybe leave it and I'm sure they are probably happy with that decision after Jess called me "a cow and a bitch" on the earlier tasks. :D

Oh and commisserations Zak thought you were unlucky getting fired as it was close between you, Gav and Louise imo. :(
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just catched up on this and was sad to see Jess and Zak go :(

Jess was one of my favourites this series along with Val and Katie :D Also Zak was a good candidate.

Hoping Louise wins the show. But Gav would be a worthy winner.

Goodluck.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the comments from viewers and former participants.

Just as a reminder to both finalists, the deadline is at 5PM today (Thursday); please have your work posted by then. The boardroom will take place, barring unforeseen circumstances, at 7PM Thursday.
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments from viewers and former participants.

Just as a reminder to both finalists, the deadline is at 5PM today (Thursday); please have your work posted by then. The boardroom will take place, barring unforeseen circumstances, at 7PM Thursday.
    Sorry, just to clarify, BR is at 8PM today (Wednesday), not Thursday. (I promise I have learned the days of the week.)

I hope you'll all join us, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the finalists have come up with!