Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, poor naive, little Petey, being shamelessly used by an evil businessman for nefarious purposes.:rolleyes:
    Seriously, if you wanted to promote your business, why on earth would you want to use PA, unless the intention was to repel your customers?

And I thought you had outed yourself as PA?
    Bit too late to be trying to force yourself back into the "I'm not really PA after all" closet isn't it?;)

Damn :mad: I was hoping you had forgotten my confession
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I'm :confused: that anyone could see DOTY as a positive role model for anyone/anything.

All this fannying about with kids welfare-related issues (or DOTY vote-attracting issues, as I like to think of them) but still no word on how he's raising awareness (and £500k) for the biggie, the important one, his foundation...

The foundation hardly gets mentioned in anything I've read..
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I'm :confused: that anyone could see DOTY as a positive role model for anyone/anything.

All this fannying about with kids welfare-related issues (or DOTY vote-attracting issues, as I like to think of them) but still no word on how he's raising awareness (and £500k) for the biggie, the important one, his foundation...
    The foundation hardly gets mentioned in anything I've read..

This is when I stop finding PA the object of any humour, he's made this pledge & at first I was extremely cynical but after reading other people's thoughts on it I began to think I'd maybe judged him too quickly/harshly but now I've returned to my immediate thoughts when he made the big promises...........talk is cheap Pete, this ain't going to happen!:mad:
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Quite.
    It's just PA all over - shamelessly raising awareness of PA.

Mind you, given the list of candidates for this year's DOTY, some are either way too famous to acknowledge it - let alone turn up to the Slough Travelodge to accept their commemorative mayo lid ( Elton, Goldenballs, Robbie Williams ) , or have, in the past demonstrated too high a level of self-respect and unwillingness to use their children to promote themselves to stoop to DOTYdom ( Lampard ).
    So we're left with a random collection which seem to fall into the category of "anyone even vaguely well-known who has children".
    I have a horrible feeling that PA may well end up, as another FM said, becoming the Daniel Day-Lewis of Daddydom.:mad::yawn:
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He does seem to have his head screwed on with regards to planning for the future, his coffee shops & now this so fair play to him.
    Well it's not like he can rely on his music to keep him in his old age.

I'm sure he's already signed Junior up for classes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »

IIRC Junior started Karate lessons when katie was married to Alex
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I received an email this week from his Foundation saying they'd be sharing the fundraising plans for the year ahead very soon and would be in contact shortly with 'an exciting fundraising challenge'. Also this message from Pete http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr_FemF0auo&feature=youtu.be&utm_campaign=PeterAndreFound_040613&utm_content=109168505575&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Emailvision

He's away in Zanzibar for the next 10 days on HIPZ's sponsored cycle ride so perhaps he wants to complete that before formally launching the Foundation fundraising.
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    i don't understand why The S*n has not mentioned that Petey is not opening these kung-fu centres on his own it was a Crawley based Paul Hawkes idea and hes asked Petey to come on board and join him so i do hope they are not just called The PA kung fu centres as it wasn't Peteys idea,

The Sun article does say that it's a collaboration with Paul and he explains why he is working with Pete to promote the schools in the link I posted.
    IIRC Junior started Karate lessons when katie was married to Alex

Paul's website says that Junior started coming to lessons with Pete in 2009. I think he's said on his show that they should both be taking their black-belts this year (at Junior and Adult levels).
    Forum Member
    NotaTypo wrote: »

Very true & I'm sure even if it pains him to admit it PA must be aware of this.
    Forum Member
    Quoted from his column....

"A magazine last week quoted me as saying I love Emily, but suggested that I couldn't actually say I was "in love" with her. I don't even remember saying it, but all I can is that things are going great and I've really missed her while I've been in Cyprus"

Now imo "the magazine" has hit the nail on the head, this was the perfect opportunity for him to clear up any doubts people have regarding his feelings for Emily & what does he do? Say he missed her while on holiday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"A magazine last week quoted me as saying I love Emily, but suggested that I couldn't actually say I was "in love" with her. I don't even remember saying it, but all I can is that things are going great and I've really missed her while I've been in Cyprus"

Now imo "the magazine" has hit the nail on the head, this was the perfect opportunity for him to clear up any doubts people have regarding his feelings for Emily & what does he do? Say he missed her while on holiday

:rolleyes:
    Twerp.
    Thing is though, if he made a definite declaration one way or the other, it would end the "worldwide speculation" ( :rolleyes: ) about their relationship.
    You do realise he has his "Column of Nonsense" and an entire tv series to pad out with rubbish don't you? ;)
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes:
    Twerp.
    Thing is though, if he made a definite declaration one way or the other, it would end the "worldwide speculation" ( :rolleyes: ) about their relationship.
    You do realise he has his "Column of Nonsense" and an entire tv series to pad out with rubbish don't you? ;)

If this is the case it proves yet again how deluded the pea brain twit is, he actually believes we're all sitting with baited breath awaiting the announcement of his Emily's engagement? Does he think they are William & Kate?

So another series is on the cards? I've always admitted to watching it purely for laughs but even I struggled my way through the last series:yawn:

I also read in his column that "he thinks parents have a real responsibility to protect our kids from the sun" & urges us "to insist they slap on sunscreen"
    However I survived without Pete's parenting advice I'll never know!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is the case it proves yet again how deluded the pea brain twit is, he actually believes we're all sitting with baited breath awaiting the announcement of his Emily's engagement? Does he think they are William & Kate?

So another series is on the cards? I've always admitted to watching it purely for laughs but even I struggled my way through the last series:yawn:

I also read in his column that "he thinks parents have a real responsibility to protect our kids from the sun" & urges us "to insist they slap on sunscreen"
    However I survived without Pete's parenting advice I'll never know!:eek:

Quite.:rolleyes:
    I'm still waiting for PA's pronouncements on the wisdom of letting your children stick things into electric sockets and whether we should allow them to run across the road, because quite frankly I have no idea whether it's advisable or not until the greatest father in the world tells me one way or the other.

(I don't think he thinks they are anywhere close to William and Kate - I think he believes that he and the Sainted Emily are way, way more important.)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, poor naive, little Petey, being shamelessly used by an evil businessman for nefarious purposes.:rolleyes:
    Seriously, if you wanted to promote your business, why on earth would you want to use PA, unless the intention was to repel your customers?

I can't understand it but he does seem to have a fanbase who would be attracted to a business using his name. A lot of the mums at the school adore him and would probably send their kids to a club with a big 'approved by the Andre' poster on the wall.

Although he's not our cup of tea, I can see why someone would use him to promote their business
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I can't understand it but he does seem to have a fanbase who would be attracted to a business using his name. A lot of the mums at the school adore him and would probably send their kids to a club with a big 'approved by the Andre' poster on the wall.

Although he's not our cup of tea, I can see why someone would use him to promote their business

Surely his fanbase can't be big enough?
    They certainly don't seem willing to put their hands in their pockets to buy his musical offerings, let alone fill a stadium the size of Wembley.
    I do wonder how much value an association with him actually adds, and whether it is worth the embarrassment of having to resort to using someone as relatively low-rent as him to promote yourself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a thought...is Peter hoping to get a karate film part out of this latest venture for himself and junior..also why doesn't Princess also learn Karate?
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true & I'm sure even if it pains him to admit it PA must be aware of this.

He is, he's said as much and cited that as the reason for other venture's :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But maybe those are his feelings :confused: I'm not sure what the point is here THB
    Forum Member
    He is, he's said as much and cited that as the reason for other venture's :confused:

Well he has said he's planning another tour so he can't be quite ready to admit his career in music is over.
    But maybe those are his feelings :confused: I'm not sure what the point is here THB

My point is he's forever telling everyone how perfect Emily is, how much he enjoys being with her, how he sees a future with her, basically everything you'd expect to hear from someone in love, but he's never actually said he loves her.
    IMO if I heard my partner saying all those things about me, I would expect the L word to be in there somewhere.
    As I've said previously I do believe he really likes Emily but that imo is as far as it goes. A lovely friendship yes but romance/ love, I just don't see it.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he has said he's planning another tour so he can't be quite ready to admit his career in music is over.

Not to mention his Wembley ambitions....
    My point is he's forever telling everyone how perfect Emily is, how much he enjoys being with her, how he sees a future with her, basically everything you'd expect to hear from someone in love, but he's never actually said he loves her.

See, that, in PeteyWorld, is him keeping his private life private.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely his fanbase can't be big enough?
    They certainly don't seem willing to put their hands in their pockets to buy his musical offerings, let alone fill a stadium the size of Wembley.
    I do wonder how much value an association with him actually adds, and whether it is worth the embarrassment of having to resort to using someone as relatively low-rent as him to promote yourself.

Yep. I'm with you. Although I can see where Blondie is coming from, my mind just can't stretch to the idea that there are people out there who would see DOTY as a brand enhancer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

IMO if I heard my partner saying all those things about me, I would expect the L word to be in there somewhere.
    As I've said previously I do believe he really likes Emily but that imo is as far as it goes. A lovely friendship yes but romance/ love, I just don't see it.
    Yes he has. On his show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You may be right, chances are that it won't last for various reasons, but if they are having a good time, perhaps that is exactly the sum of the relationship and I really don't see the problem or why he should spout off that 'she's the one' 'the love of his life' etc if that isn't the case :confused:

He may not a spring chick but the post was talking about his music not seeing him into his "old age"...I do recall him saying something along the lines that he would continue with his music as long as therewas an audience, he also said that it may come to playing village hall down e line which he would do as performing was his first interest but he said he recognised that he would need more security for the future and that was why he was investing in other area's.
    Sound's reasonably realistic and sensible.
    Forum Member
    Not to mention his Wembley ambitions....

If he ever fulfills that ambition, I vow to buy front row seats, regardless of the cost, hold a massive "I love Pete" banner & learn the words to all his atrocious songs in order to sing along:cool:

See, that, in PeteyWorld, is him keeping his private life private.

Of course it is, silly me. As if divulging anything remotely private would even enter his head, seriously though I am getting slightly concerned about how reclusive & secretive he's becoming. Hermit like even;)
    Forum Member
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Yes he has. On his show.

I'm not disputing he said it Fizgig, I must have missed it but personally speaking, he doesn't look like a man in love.
    Forum Member
    You may be right, chances are that it won't last for various reasons, but if they are having a good time, perhaps that is exactly the sum of the relationship and I really don't see the problem or why he should spout off that 'she's the one' 'the love of his life' etc if that isn't the case :confused:

He may not a spring chick but the post was talking about his music not seeing him into his "old age"...I do recall him saying something along the lines that he would continue with his music as long as therewas an audience, he also said that it may come to playing village hall down e line which he would do as performing was his first interest but he said he recognised that he would need more security for the future and that was why he was investing in other area's.
    Sound's reasonably realistic and sensible.

Of course if they are having a good time & enjoy each others company then why not spend time together but it's the fact he would like the public to believe he's met his perfect match & seemed to ram it down our throats on his TV show when imho there was absolutely zero chemistry between them.

I've said on 2 previous occasions that he is wise in planning for the future ie his coffee shops & any future investments so really to a point I am agreeing with you.
    As for comments I make about his music, I think he thought he was going to become some kind of mega star & couldn't actually believe that he wasn't selling out arena tours within minutes of tickets going on sale.
    If you are good musician, people will still pay money to see you regardless of age.
This discussion has been closed.