Options

Assassins Creed : Unity

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've noticed the slow down in Arno's pace in big crowds but to be honest it doesn't bother me as I can take in Paris better, which is stunning, than if I was tearing through the city at speed. Loving the game! The murder mysteries are great, the first two I got the murderer straight away but they were fairly simple. Also enjoying the 'Café' missions for income and the parkour system for me is good although entering windows can be fiddly. A solid 8 so far as haven't done much of story.

The other thing is that Arno may slow down but the crowd don't, I have never tried sprinting through a huge crowd but I think it would be rather difficult (not to mention rude) so it makes sense. The parkour system is pretty good but sometimes it goes a bit wrong, Iagree about the window entering. The murders get a bit tougher, having said that I haven't got one wrong yet! I like the Assassinations, a bit like Hitman lite.
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    The other thing is that Arno may slow down but the crowd don't, I have never tried sprinting through a huge crowd but I think it would be rather difficult (not to mention rude) so it makes sense. The parkour system is pretty good but sometimes it goes a bit wrong, Iagree about the window entering. The murders get a bit tougher, having said that I haven't got one wrong yet! I like the Assassinations, a bit like Hitman lite.

I haven't yet experienced a feature that I haven't enjoyed or disliked. The assassinations are great as I feel like I'm in control as opposed to previous games being linear. And I'm also enjoying the 'Paris Stories' as well to learn more about the history. I personally don't see where the issue with the actual elements in the game are coming from but that's my opinion! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Anyone up for doing a few on PS4?

Edit: tried to play a co-op mission twice, the first time an NPC we where supposed to follow just stop moving, the second twice an objective was to kill two enemies and one of them appear over 850m away and by the time we got there the marker showed that the enemy had fallen through the floor making it impossible to carry on

This is truly shocking because you have to play co-op to get all the singleplayer skills, right now I can't unlock red treasure chests because I can't play co-op this is just silly
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just finished the main story, I actually really enjoyed the game and haven't experienced any bugs.

I would do more side missions now but have Dragon Age to play :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

Anyone up for doing a few on PS4?

Edit: tried to play a co-op mission twice, the first time an NPC we where supposed to follow just stop moving, the second twice an objective was to kill two enemies and one of them appear over 850m away and by the time we got there the marker showed that the enemy had fallen through the floor making it impossible to carry on

This is truly shocking because you have to play co-op to get all the singleplayer skills, right now I can't unlock red treasure chests because I can't play co-op this is just silly

Red treasure chests are lockpick ones. Nothing to do with co op.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I assume he didn't take lock picking with the skill points you get from the main story missions and now has to do co-op missions to get more skill points.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I assume he didn't take lock picking with the skill points you get from the main story missions and now has to do co-op missions to get more skill points.

Ah, I see. I picked the lockpicking asap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, I see. I picked the lockpicking asap.

Yeah me too, I also maxed it as I was hopeless at it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »

Gormond is right I didn't pick the skills

I assumed you'd be able to get them all alone by doing side quests

Anyone know when Patch 2 launches, its supposed to fix Co-op issues which could make the thought of doing all the missions more bearable
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just completed this. It was a decent game, I'd give it 7.5. There was a lot of lagging and bugs, and the storyline wasn't that interesting. I'd do more side missions, but I wanna play Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age!
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Got all of the side stuff wrapped up now. The chests and cockades were a right pain. Also got the enigmas done and unlocked the armour in the cafe basement.

Will get chapter 10 through to 12 done tomorrow hopefully, leaving just the multiplayer to get through. Already have the first 3 co-op missions done, not liking the fact that there's collectibles in there that you need to get for max skill points.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't get over how good this game looks. The detail of the city when you synchronise is my favourite graphical thing so far this gen.

Also kind of feel bad for the people who made this with all the bad publicity it got. There were some initial issues that have largely been patched now and what's left is a cracking game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Still can't get over how good this game looks. The detail of the city when you synchronise is my favourite graphical thing so far this gen.

Also kind of feel bad for the people who made this with all the bad publicity it got. There were some initial issues that have largely been patched now and what's left is a cracking game.

Absolutely agree. Red dead had many of the same issues and was treated entirely differently.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to Paris yesterday and went round synching the viewpoints. Now have a map with a mass of icons. Have been collecting a few chests this morning.

Clearly with the locked chests I'll need to pick up a lock picking skill.
    Not sure what the initiates and nomad chests are although I randomly picked up a nomad point when I was jumping around rooftops.

Liking the look of the game so far although I've had a few instances of Arno not moving as he's been told or trying to grab onto things you don't want him to. Then again that's something that's inflicted a few AC games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to Paris yesterday and went round synching the viewpoints. Now have a map with a mass of icons. Have been collecting a few chests this morning.

Clearly with the locked chests I'll need to pick up a lock picking skill.
    Not sure what the initiates and nomad chests are although I randomly picked up a nomad point when I was jumping around rooftops.

Liking the look of the game so far although I've had a few instances of Arno not moving as he's been told or trying to grab onto things you don't want him to. Then again that's something that's inflicted a few AC games.

Nomad chests are unlocked via phone app, initiates via initiate web game. Neither is functioning correctly for lots of ppl.
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Marie Antoniette in this game? I'm sure I saw her on the trailer, and the producers said she'd appear, but if she does it's not in the main story!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nomad chests are unlocked via phone app, initiates via initiate web game. Neither is functioning correctly for lots of ppl.

Must have got lucky as I've not had any issues with the app yet. Have unlocked a couple of chests by doing missions so far.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the game, Have done a few co-op missions but the unity app just crashes as soon as it goes to the map on my s3 >.<
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Single player done with now, just need to do the heists and co-op. Then ofcourse unlocking all the skill points and completing the training.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you pick up the skill points?
    Is it just completing sequences?
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you pick up the skill points?
    Is it just completing sequences?

Campaign and coop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Campaign and coop.

Ah right, I probably should start working through the story then instead of randomly walking about and collecting cockaded and chests!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I learned that I should probably start doing the story too when I realised I was gonna keep breaking lock picks on red chests.
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    I'm having great fun doing the side quests! There's so much to do that sometimes I spend a minute or two deliberating what to do; a murder mystery, Paris story, the actual story or the Café missions. In my opinion this is a great game with an abundance of things to do.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to come back to this after far cry. Both games are amazing.