Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Yup i have ;) Even though that im a harmonizer, i prefer lm 😋 I don't see what your problem is 😲 No1 was trying to be mean until you started with throwing shade 😈
    Meh, but whatever. This is totally off - topic now. So shut your mouth 😂

You're just embarrassing yourself. Leave the fan wars for twitter.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perrie won Hottie of the Week on E! News.

SLAY girl.
  • Options
    Danish_MixerDanish_Mixer Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're just embarrassing yourself. Leave the fan wars for twitter.

Get your stupid facts right. Are you blind or something like that? Cause you clearly have some problems. I never said anything bad there.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get your stupid facts right. Are you blind or something like that? Cause you clearly have some problems. I never said anything bad there.

Just an observation, but sometimes you react very harshly to what people say, telling people to get their "stupid facts right" and previously to "shut their mouth" seems a bit much to me when they just have a different opinion. There's never need to get heated with one another when we're discussing music, I think you're above that.
  • Options
    piratapirata Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Perrie won Hottie of the Week on E! News.

SLAY girl.

Leigh was robbed! :p
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pirata wrote: »
    Leigh was robbed! :p

I'm always surprised Perrie gets nominated for things like this and FHM(?) because I think she is the least sexy of all of them. I can never think of her as anything other than the lovable goof.
    siriusrose wrote: »
    The only solution in my eyes is to have an extended campaign otherwise they're always going to be a UK act who doesn't have time to put in time abroad, or they'll try and break abroad and the UK media will move onto the next pop group breaking through, which there is always one.

I notice bigger acts dont have to do alot of the UK concerts, like 1D, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, etc. Is that because they are so elevated now? Did they do as many when they were lesser or did they just go for the international scene and leave the summer radio circuit alone?

I like the idea of them doing lots of concerts, as performing is one of their main strengths and they can be exposed to a lot of people each time. I just think now that they are somewhat known in the UK they can afford to do it elsewhere to get more exposure.
  • Options
    Danish_MixerDanish_Mixer Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    siriusrose wrote: »
    Just an observation, but sometimes you react very harshly to what people say, telling people to get their "stupid facts right" and previously to "shut their mouth" seems a bit much to me when they just have a different opinion. There's never need to get heated with one another when we're discussing music, I think you're above that.

Mhm, well im not mad:o Maybe it's just you;-)Just saying. I was only asking about 5h's album... then everyone starting getting butthurted and saying that people shouldn't compare them :blush:...
    Meh, are you guys done now? There is better things to discuss..
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    I'm always surprised Perrie gets nominated for things like this and FHM(?) because I think she is the least sexy of all of them. I can never think of her as anything other than the lovable goof.

Well she does have the biggest profile out of the group (for obvious reasons, plus she was dubbed the 'one with the best voice on XF) if you asked a random person to name a member of Little Mix, I bet they would name her first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought in the UK, Jesy would share that association with "Little Mix".
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I notice bigger acts dont have to do alot of the UK concerts, like 1D, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, etc. Is that because they are so elevated now? Did they do as many when they were lesser or did they just go for the international scene and leave the summer radio circuit alone?

I like the idea of them doing lots of concerts, as performing is one of their main strengths and they can be exposed to a lot of people each time. I just think now that they are somewhat known in the UK they can afford to do it elsewhere to get more exposure.

I think 1D are very lucky that they are so big that they don't, you hardly see them on tv that much now too, I would say they were the exception rather than the rule though. Ed Sheeran & Ellie Goulding do lots of festivals, when I think of festivals I always think of Ellie for some reason, she's sort of a shoe in for the main line ups. I guess it's just finding the best mix to try and keep everyone happy, unfortunately there's not enough days in a year to make that easy.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think we'll get an announcement in a couple of weeks? I don't they'll go any later than March to say something. I think it's safe to say the album's coming either Q2 or Q3
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she does have the biggest profile out of the group (for obvious reasons, plus she was dubbed the 'one with the best voice on XF) if you asked a random person to name a member of Little Mix, I bet they would name her first.

Mixers created a twitter campaign for her for Perrie for the hottie of the week, they are doing Jade next. All the winner needs is the most tweets under the #hottieoftheweek tag.

In other Jade related posts.... from instagram
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »

Amen!
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If LM thought fans just expected so so music then it would've been out by now, but the girls seem to have such a high expectation for themselves that it's just taking longer. Also I don't see what is wrong with them going out on Weekends and having those to themselves, it means their producers/other writers/sound engineers etc get the weekends to themselves as well. Do fans really think it's only Little Mix themselves in there!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do fans really think it's only Little Mix themselves in there!?

Basically yes. This is also the fandom that thinks all 4 girls spend every night with sleepovers and take all the candid videos of themselves (neatly forgetting the presence of their management team and that the camera is held above the height of the girls).

And yes, I think we are on the brink of going forward finally. Wonderland comes out this week, the girls are doing something with the Tati winners and their stylist said Feb. would be hectic.

I worked around the S word. You go Jade.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Little Mix go all in and spend the middle part of 2015 doing radio promo/tours around Europe/Brazil/Aus/US and then do the arena thing again in the UK end of 2015. Hopefully that can extend to small concert venue touring for the beginning part of 2016 in the US, a few euro dates, Aus dates and possibly Japan again (and maybe re-release album 3 in the process during xmas so as not to ignore q4/xmas sales) it could work for them. It could also possibly even put them back on an "album a year" schedule i'm sure Syco would like them to be back on (if they are still with syco at that point obviously)....

This would be a great schedule. 2015: promo, festivals, UK tour and some winter shows such as the UK and USA radio balls (they can fly back and forth like Rixton did). Start 2016 with proper touring internationally. I don't think there would be enough time to make album 4 within the 12 months though so they would have to release end 2016. The re-release christmas 2015 would support that. Although it could mean no UK tour in 2016.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's so fierce. Ah. I love it.

I'm pretty sure, she was the one behind the heat magazine response where they completely demolished that editor. :D

Norma raised her well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a great schedule. 2015: promo, festivals, UK tour and some winter shows such as the UK and USA radio balls (they can fly back and forth like Rixton did). Start 2016 with proper touring internationally. I don't think there would be enough time to make album 4 within the 12 months though so they would have to release end 2016. The re-release christmas 2015 would support that. Although it could mean no UK tour in 2016.

My Search isnt working so could someone repeat what Rixton did to earn all the US appearances? And wouldnt it be awkward for LM to be doing a full schedule of radio shows before their promised US tour?

I thought we've gotten big hints they were going abroad this year, too.
  • Options
    Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Search isnt working so could someone repeat what Rixton did to earn all the US appearances?

Scooter Braun.

The man who made Justin Bieber and now Ariana Grande a superstar.

LM haven't really had anyone of worth within the industry backing them. It's like they had to fight throughout. They haven't had anyone to really pitch them to radio/brands. Other past girl groups have had this.

You've had Matthew Knowles with DC. P-Diddy with Danity Kane, Robin Antin with Pussycat Dolls.

Simon wasn't going to back them, because he's butthurt he wasn't on the UK show to witness them winning and taking credit for it all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes the big name also sows the seeds of destruction by singling out a group member. I think Scooter did that in The Wanted's case. Producing sucky music didnt help either.

One thing thats noticeable in my Behind the Music docs of famous acts is they often had not necessarily an already established name, in fact totally the opposite, but an aggressive person on their own way up really pushing them. They still have to be good though.
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If fans are upset that LM are doing radio station shows at places like MSG they need to get over it. Or take advantage of the opportunity to see them live along with top acts like Taylor Swift and Sam Smith. The Christmas events look like they are more prestigious than the summer 'bashes' the girls went to last year - if they can get on the list that will help them if they have a re-release album out and possibly a single.

On the topic of US fans, I think a lot will come back if the first single is great and the video is cool but I do expect they will be reticent about buying tickets for another tour. The girls need to make lots of new ones, and that involves being present in the US and getting people to talk about them. I think they could do a lot more to raise their profile on social media beyond their fanbase (e.g. making high profile buddies).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're assuming LM could get a slot on those christmas shows, and that is yet to be seen.

If LM put out some popular music they'll get back or get more fans, but its down to their songs.

Speaking of Ellie G., she has a big hit in the UK at least. Too bad its attached to a stinker movie. 172,000 this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Speaking of Ellie G., she has a big hit in the UK at least. Too bad its attached to a stinker movie. 172,000 this week.

Well that's subjective.

I need my Christian Grey. :p
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's subjective.

I'm actually really looking forward to watching the movie.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's subjective.

Apparently you're getting notoriously reclusive Rita Ora.

:o
    You have imagined the press tour for the upcoming film 50 Shades of Grey—by now firmly established as among the most disastrous of the past decade, if not so far this century.

The most glaring problem with the press blitz—currently several months underway, though the film will not be released for another two weeks—is also the most damning for the upcoming film: Simply put, romantic leads Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan do not like each other. They dislike other things as well—the press; sex; the film in which they are starring—but it is clear their distaste for each other is the most keenly felt of all.
    http://defamer.gawker.com/50-shades-of-sigh-the-disastrous-50-shades-of-grey-p-1683492446/+LeahBeckmann

Yes I know this is all OT.
This discussion has been closed.