Facebook attention seekers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what my friend does. The thing is though the other week she was using her status to moan that all men were pigs after she got stood up by some bloke. So she's moved on pretty quickly unless its the same bloke?:rolleyes: I honestly can't keep up with her, god knows why she thinks her life is of so much interest?

Another annoying thing is Facebook baby bores. My cousin post endless photo's of little girl. Every month we get a new album of 'cute' photo's. Obviousley then she gets loads of replies saying, 'Oh she's adorable' etc. She also updates her status saying things like, '........ thinks her little Princess is the most beautiful baby in the world' and '....... can't wait to get home and see her gorgeous little angel':rolleyes:

Now I know everyone thinks their child is beautiful and yes my cousins baby is cute, but give me a sick bucket. Baby bores are bad enough in the real world let alone cyber space.

I do like most things about Facebook, I like the way I can interact with friends and old friends and find out what they are up to. But the attention seekers spoil it some what.

Have this too! Ultra annoying! I actually get some of them emailing me and on MSN telling me to go and look at pictures and to comment and like them!:rolleyes: You would think they were the first people to give birth in the world!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also have a friend who has a boyfriend but they ALWAYS argue and split up and make up and split up etc... so she always changes her status from 'single' to 'in a relationship' just to get comments, sometimes as often as three times in one day :|
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    Xassy wrote: »
    I have someone on my FB (who is really nice btw) but does this on every single one of her status updates;
    x is sooo sorryy
    x is tiredd
    x is randomlyy thinkingggg about caterpillarss
    x is at workkk

lol.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    I have one who updates her status a million times a day with stuff like "has had a call from Virgin media, and the asked for my account details and bank acc number, but I didnt give them it cause i have sky not Virgin"

And "why am i so senstive" "I dont care if the doc says im fat, i look great and not at all fat" and alters profile pic with the last one to show what she means.

Shes aways angry and peed off, ive got her on the ignore thing now, was driving me nuts

LMAO! That one cracked me up about the Virgin Media. I don't know why but it did. Ahhh dear some people. I think sometimes people just put the first thing that pops into their head.

Most annoying recent updates are:
    - "........."
    - :( or :)
    - "night night going to bed xxx"
    - "I don't know why I bother!!!!" - making everyone rush to ask whats wrong blah blah blah
    -"5 more sleeps till my holiday" - CANNOT STAND when people count down in "sleeps" and then update their status until the very day they go away, or even when they're in the airport about to get on the bloody plane!!
    -"xx feels ill :("
    Could go on...because a lot of statuses are annoying! Arghhh
  • shuddershudder Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the hide button is so useful for these folk.

My pet peeve is people who constantly update their status with jokes pinched from sikipedia without quoting the source - they are never that funny in the pub why would we believe they are a comedic genius via facebook?
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now THIS is my type of thread, ranting about my hatred for facebook.Ok I'll take that back - facebook itself is useful in helping me keep in touch with some of my family abroad, but before you know it you're getitng friend requests from people you haven't seen since you were in your teens and it's rude to ignore them, right? I wish I had ignored some of them! There's an old mate of mine in particular who is ridiculous. He starts every morning posting "Morning facebookers". FACEBOOKERS! Anyone using that term deserves mutilation, sorry. He will then proceed to post the biggest load of wank I have the misfortune of reading intermittently though the day. "...is having fish fingers for tea". ".... is watching Doctors". ".... is running a bath". "....is invading Poland". ARGHHHH and there's so many of them - can we start a facebook group for facebook users who hate facebook users who say facebookers and post drivel 7 days a week? Please? :mad:

And relax.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "...became a fan of marmalade."
    "...became a fan of daschunds".
    "....became a fan of giggling."
    "...became a fan of diarrea".

AAARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • moonvisagemoonvisage Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I started a facebook a few weeks back now.I added one woman as a friend and wish i hadn't.All she does is update daily on a stupid game called mafia wars.
  • User name not foundUser name not found Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonvisage wrote: »
    I started a facebook a few weeks back now.I added one woman as a friend and wish i hadn't.All she does is update daily on a stupid game called mafia wars.

Interesting, I’ve never used Facebook, but another forum I frequent, a female member on there talks non stop about mafia wars, I’d never heard if it until she started with her obsession. could very well be the same lady :eek: :D
  • Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    get a life you miserable attention seeking c**t.

To be fair, that could apply to around 90% of all people on Facebook, or the Internet for that matter.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Nats_x wrote: »
    LMAO! That one cracked me up about the Virgin Media. I don't know why but it did. Ahhh dear some people. I think sometimes people just put the first thing that pops into their head.

Most annoying recent updates are:
    - "........."
    - :( or :)
    - "night night going to bed xxx"
    - "I don't know why I bother!!!!" - making everyone rush to ask whats wrong blah blah blah
    -"5 more sleeps till my holiday" - CANNOT STAND when people count down in "sleeps" and then update their status until the very day they go away, or even when they're in the airport about to get on the bloody plane!!
    -"xx feels ill :("
    Could go on...because a lot of statuses are annoying! Arghhh

And then proceed to upload photos every day from Barbados or wherever they are so that the poor schmucks sat at home in the rain can feel jealous (or maybe that's just me being a miserable cow as I have such a crap summer....).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    "...became a fan of marmalade."
    "...became a fan of daschunds".
    "....became a fan of giggling."
    "...became a fan of diarrea".

AAARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really did make me :D

I would like to reiterate my annoyance with those who put cryptic status messages on and then clam up when asked what they mean :mad:
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    I am not on Facebook and after reading through this thread, I have absolutely no inclination to join at all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moonvisage wrote: »

You can now hide the apps like Mafia Wars and Farmville, you used to have to hide the person but recently they've given a just the app option too.
  • Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is an easy option to hide status posts from any individual. It's not difficult. Facebook doesn't prejudice against who can join, so not everyone is going to say the things you want to hear
  • Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member
    I am not on Facebook and after reading through this thread, I have absolutely no inclination to join at all!

That's pretty much an archetypal Facebook-style status update.
  • ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why people get so wound up over facebook status updates. If people have friends who always post inane or attention seeking stuff then either delete them or hide their updates, or even, just scroll past them.

I like status updates because, like others have said, I am nosy. Also I have moved away so don't see my friends as often so it is good way to keep up on the silly little things that they might not bother to phone or text especially about.

Some of my updates would bug people on her but luckily I don't think any of you are people I know :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    lol i find some of them absolutely hilarious. one girl on my fb constantly updates with ".... luvs her bby boi aaron soo much", "cnt wait 2 c her bby aaron", "aaron il b lost wivout u", "layin in bed waitin 4 her bby boi 2 cum warm me up ;)"... ugh! i'd expect that off a 14 yr old but not an adult!
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm just easily entertained but I love reading status updates. You all sound like a bunch of miserable moaners :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG thank you for this thread...just going to post an update on FB...."....has found THE best thread on DS..."
    Forum Member
    ladybee22 wrote: »
    lol i find some of them absolutely hilarious. one girl on my fb constantly updates with ".... luvs her bby boi aaron soo much", "cnt wait 2 c her bby aaron", "aaron il b lost wivout u", "layin in bed waitin 4 her bby boi 2 cum warm me up ;)"... ugh! i'd expect that off a 14 yr old but not an adult!

Is Aaron her boyfriend?? She calls her boyfriend bby boi (I assume my this she means baby boy)?????
    Forum Member
    CTUaholic wrote: »
    OMG thank you for this thread...just going to post an update on FB...."....has found THE best thread on DS..."

ogg monster likes this

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm just easily entertained but I love reading status updates. You all sound like a bunch of miserable moaners :p

Deffo but moaning is FUN!!!
  • mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the irony of this thread. The OP is moaning about Facebook attention seekers when they WERE clearly an attention seeker on DS.

RIP Shadowmaiden/greenlday ...................... I'm sure you're still active somewhere!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two pet hates - all pretty much covered...
    One is the fella who covers EVERYTHING... "...RETARD...is having toast..." jesus as if anyone cares??
    The other is an ex work colleague who i have now removed who updated probably 10 times a day with.. "xxx misses his wifey.." "xxx wishes the day would go quicker to get back to his lovely wifey.." "only 3 coffees to go till wifey time.." (my favourite!!!)
    I mean jesus he is in his mid 40s!!!!