Options

Madonna WILL be performing at the 56th Grammy Awards!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
Forum Member
It's been confirmed that Madonna WILL perform at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards this weekend!!

It's about time Madonna did a performance! Because for the last several years she hasn't done any (Apart from her tours)

Madonna has drifted into the background recently, and It would be really nice to see Madonna performing again!

But what will she sing!? She has no new new material, Or does she? Unless she has secretly been working on new material and is going to reveal a new song, Because I very much doubt she will sing anything from MDNA...

Or will she just go for an oldie but goodie that will be mashed up with another artists song?

Can't wait to find out! Either way it is so exciting to know Madonna is going to be performing again! I've missed her!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where have you got this from?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    where have you got this from?

It's on the Grammys' website.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is she performing new material or will it be a duet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really get why she's gonna be there - she's not nominated and isn't exactly the big name she once was.

Much more excited for P!nk
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    It's been confirmed that Madonna WILL perform at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards this weekend!!

It's about time Madonna did a performance! Because for the last several years she hasn't done any (Apart from her tours)

Madonna has drifted into the background recently, and It would be really nice to see Madonna performing again!

But what will she sing!? She has no new new material, Or does she? Unless she has secretly been working on new material and is going to reveal a new song, Because I very much doubt she will sing anything from MDNA...

Or will she just go for an oldie but goodie that will be mashed up with another artists song?

Can't wait to find out! Either way it is so exciting to know Madonna is going to be performing again! I've missed her!

Not performed for several years..ahem erm... Super Bowl ...biggest live music event in US history? 2012!
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a given she'll do Like A Prayer.
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I t would be nice to see someone at one of these events just come out and sing and not a load of staging and stuff. If she just came out and sang something like borderline with just a band backing her would be good
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting news...I imagine she will do a medley of hits.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More excited for Beyonce.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not performed for several years..ahem erm... Super Bowl ...biggest live music event in US history? 2012!

Yeah the Superbowl performance was awesome! But what I mean is that Madonna doesn't perform on TV events like she used to, like she did during the Confessions Era for example. She was performing everywhere during that time! I miss those days, because I feel people think Madonna hasn't got the power she once had and has almost been forgotten by many (excluding her fans)

So It's exciting that she'll be performing this weekend. And I'm hoping that it gives her the hunger for doing more :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if the grammys are going to be on tv in the UK?
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Stereofam wrote: »
    Anyone know if the grammys are going to be on tv in the UK?

Monday at 9 on 4Music.

best awards line-up i've ever seen, in addition to the current big stars like Beyonce & Jay-Z you've got acts who hardly ever perform live such as Daft Punk, Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    When will Grandonna realise no1 cares about her anymore!? Go away and retire woman!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When will Grandonna realise no1 cares about her anymore!? Go away and retire woman!!

When will people like you realise that Madonna couldn't give a t*ss what people like you think about her.

And the only thing that is old are the Granny, and retire comments...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Grammys website Madonna will be performing on her own.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Monday at 9 on 4Music.

best awards line-up i've ever seen, in addition to the current big stars like Beyonce & Jay-Z you've got acts who hardly ever perform live such as Daft Punk, Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This poster is a bitter Kylie fan who's jealous of madonna's more successful career. Best ignore.

Back on topic. I think she will duet with Daft Punk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL I was thinking that, Madonna's career and success dwarfs Kylie's by a million miles!

It would be nice if she sang with Daft Punk, But I think if she is going to sing with anyone it will be that macklemore with Same Love. It seems like the most likely scenario.

But ideally I'd love it if she just performed on her own. Can't wait though, Madonna's live performances are always fantastic :)
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL I was thinking that, Madonna's career and success dwarfs Kylie's by a million miles!

It would be nice if she sang with Daft Punk, But I think if she is going to sing with anyone it will be that macklemore with Same Love. It seems like the most likely scenario.

But ideally I'd love it if she just performed on her own. Can't wait though, Madonna's live performances are always fantastic :)

Your just as bad as the previous poster for now bashing Kylie the irony being both women respect and like each other...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Kylie and her music, and I'm not "bashing" her. I was just pointing out an actual fact. I didn't make any nasty ageist comments like some people...

Anyway... Can't wait for her performance. I was just watching her 2006 performance will the Gorilaz, It's epic when she dances on-screen with them, she looked amazing too :)

Here's the link if anyone hasn't seen it already - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMA5EQSr-o
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt grandma will mime to a cheap song , while spreading her legs on stage again.

Lord help us
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Your just as bad as the previous poster for now bashing Kylie the irony being both women respect and like each other...

so its fine for the inevitable "granny" comments coming from the noted minougue fans, but totally unacceptable for anyone to dare suggest that one has been more successful than the other.:confused:

despite her age and the fact that her commercial dominance is behind her, madonna remains a true commodity within the music industry on a worldwide basis. of course, the grammy's would offer her a performance slot on that basis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's performing 'Same Love' with Macklemore.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like Twitter is going Madonna crazy for this Grammy performance. No one can build hype quite like the Queen! :D