Options

Back fat....how to get rid

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have been doing a fair bit of toning up lately and am noticing slight changes around the legs,arms and tummy but i cannot for the life of me shift this disgusting back fat, you know what i mean ladies that stuff that pokes out under and above your bra strap, i am starting to swim more but does any one have any ideas what i can do at home when i cant get to the pool, have to go out in a mo so wont be on here again tonight but thanks in advance for any ideas.:)

Comments

• Options
    moondrops1moondrops1 Posts: 3,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done you! :)

I reckon you need to stop being so hard on yourself and just continue with what you're doing.

It will all gradually disppear if you continue.

Are you cutting down on fat intake too?
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried for ages. Lost three stone, but that bit is still flabby. There are things you can do at the gym, but i cant get to one. Not sure about at home, so if anyone knows I'd be grateful too.

My solution so far has been just to buy a wider bra.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm no fitness expert, but would sit-ups maybe help?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Have you checked you're wearing a bra that fits correctly? It may help disguise it if its fitting right.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may sound like a stupid answer but you might just need a correct bra fitting.

If it fits properly it shouldn't pinch the flesh so much that it spills over the sides.
  • Options
    holbobholbob Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    The body decides for yourself which bodyfat it will burn off, there's nothing you can do to speed it up in particular areas. Really dodgy stuff goes to the sides of the lower back, transfats, etc. It sticks there and is hard to shift - is the absolute last area to go. It's even harder for men. You won't see it going until you're at least 10% bodyfat or less.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try doing waist twists, these work on the back and stomach as well as the waist and are fairly easy to do.
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change the size of your bra. It doesn't matter if you have to go up a size - no-one will know but you.
  • Options
    scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are exercises that will help, it would be upper body combined with cardio work.

As others have said, yes, get your boobs measured as an ill fitting bra will cause problems and don't forget, you've toned up/lost weight so you're bra is probably looser than before.

Also, sit will help but only if you do back areas to compensate for doing sit ups, muscles work in pairs so you could have back issues if you don't work it baby!!