Can marriage recover from adultery?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    IDK, some men just can't keep it in their pants even if they are happy with their wife. I don't really know how he feels though he has obviously disrespected her big time.

The same applys for women but there must be a fundemental problem in a relationship for either party to stray.
  • drumdrum Posts: 3,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some relationships do recover from adultery, however, I would never forgive it.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Just thought I would update this thread because it seems that the married couple are still together! Yes, the cheat seems to have got away with it scot free. Surely now he'll feel free to do it again and again because obviously she's too afraid to be alone? If it was me I could never forgive him.
  • KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just come back and update us , when he does it again and she feels like a total loser for letting him off the first time and wasting the intervening time with him, when she could be getting over him and making a new life for herself!:rolleyes:
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    KnifeEdge wrote: »
    Just come back and update us , when he does it again and she feels like a total loser for letting him off the first time and wasting the intervening time with him, when she could be getting over him and making a new life for herself!:rolleyes:

It'll definitely happen, that's the type of person he is, the bastard.
  • imbackimback Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dollstar76 wrote: »
    TBH this couple don't sound as if they love each other and are happy together - if they were then why did he stray?

I've never subscribed to the theory that every affair is the result of an unhappy relationship. Some men (and women) are just addicted to the ego boost.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KnifeEdge wrote: »

That's a bit harsh. People stay in unhappy relationships (and situations) for many, varied reasons, and it doesn't make them a loser - maybe weaker, but not a loser.