✭✭✭
This is the possible list of pairings so far:

Men
1. Vanilla Ice --- Katie Staisnby
2. Sam Attwater, --- Brianne Delcourt
3. Steven Arnold, --- Nina Ulanova
4. Jeff Brazier --- Isabelle Gauthier
5. Johnson Beharry
6. Craig McLachlan --- Maria Filippov ?? (not sure)
9. (reserve)

Women
1. Kerry Katona ---- Daniel Whiston
2. Chloe Madeley --- *Michael Zenezini
3. Jennifer Metcalfe --- Sylvain Longchambon
4. Denise Welch --- Matt Evers
5. Nadia Sawalha ---
6. Laura Hamilton --- Colin Ratushniak
9. Faye Tozer (reserve)

*Not been confirmed that Michael is with Chloe BUT Im pretty sure of this just from what I know.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Lukasz doing it? and how about Frankie?

I guess Michael Zenezini's pro partner will be Katie.

I think Alex is with Dominic Cork. ;)
  • HeraclitusDaysHeraclitusDays Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    This is the possible list of pairings so far:

Men
    1. Vanilla Ice --- Katie Staisnby
    2. Sam Attwater, --- Brianne Delcourt
    3. Steven Arnold, --- Nina Ulanova
    4. Jeff Brazier --- Isabelle Gauthier
    5. Johnson Beharry
    6. Craig McLachlan --- Maria Filippov ?? (not sure)
    9. (reserve)

Women
    1. Kerry Katona ---- Daniel Whiston
    2. Chloe Madeley --- *Michael Zenezini
    3. Jennifer Metcalfe --- Sylvain Longchambon
    4. Denise Welch --- Matt Evers
    5. Nadia Sawalha ---
    6. Laura Hamilton --- Colin Ratushniak
    9. Faye Tozer (reserve)

*Not been confirmed that Michael is with Chloe BUT Im pretty sure of this just from what I know.

Merely speculation of course.

Men
    Dominic Cork
    'Comedy Dave' from Radio 1
    (reserve) Danny from hearsay

Women
    Angela Rippon
    ex footballers wife (Chelski)
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/columnists/dean-piper/2010/12/05/on-the-grapevine-115875-22763647/
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know the full list of new pro dancers? And any details about them?
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know the full list of new pro dancers? And any details about them?

Not a full list yet but almost!

Daniel Whiston
    Matt Evers
    Sylvain Longchambon
    Michael Zenezini
    Colin Ratushniak
    Lukasz Rozycki

Plus 2 (not sure of yet)

Frankie Poultney
    Maria Filippov
    Brianne Delcourt
    Nina Ulanova
    Katie Stainsby
    Isabelle Gauthier
    Alexandra Schauman

other may be Vicky Ogden but thats just an idea or she could be reserve

Sylvain, Michael and Katie have all been in the Hot Ice show in Blackpool, Michael and Katie usually skate as a pair.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love DOI but that line up is rubbish tbh. Thank you to Tracey for giving me the list but all the pro's we know have either left or have got rubbish partners and the 16 contestants, new studio, new judging panel will just give it a different feel.

Idk if I could be bothered with this series. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    I do love DOI but that line up is rubbish tbh. Thank you to Tracey for giving me the list but all the pro's we know have either left or have got rubbish partners and the 16 contestants, new studio, new judging panel will just give it a different feel.

Idk if I could be bothered with this series. :(

Im not bothered by the pairings or the changes, dont knock the newbies till you've seen them, think you'll soon have some new favourites.
    I know a few of the newbies pretty well and depending on how they come over on TV then think they'll be popular.
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a full list yet but almost!

Daniel Whiston
    Matt Evers
    Sylvain Longchambon
    Michael Zenezini
    Colin Ratushniak
    Lukasz Rozycki

Plus 2 (not sure of yet)

Frankie Poultney
    Maria Filippov
    Brianne Delcourt
    Nina Ulanova
    Katie Stainsby
    Isabelle Gauthier
    Alexandra Schauman

other may be Vicky Ogden but thats just an idea or she could be reserve

Sylvain, Michael and Katie have all been in the Hot Ice show in Blackpool, Michael and Katie usually skate as a pair.

What's happened to Fred and Melanie? They were my favourites!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not bothered by the pairings or the changes, dont knock the newbies till you've seen them, think you'll soon have some new favourites.
    I know a few of the newbies pretty well and depending on how they come over on TV then think they'll be popular.

I'm looking forward to seeing the newbies. Like to watch with an open mind. :) Hasn't there been changes in the pros every year in DOI anyway?
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinyangel wrote: »

They're not coming back sadly. :cry: Fred is currently in Skating With The Stars in the US - he's in the final next week with his partner. Melanie has been doing a lot of choreography work in the last few Months including for Holiday On Ice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to seeing the newbies. Like to watch with an open mind. :)Hasn't there been changes in the pros every year in DOI anyway?

Yes but not as many as this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to miss Pavel! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen The Sun exclusive this morning?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - have you a link?
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Updated list:

Men
    1. Vanilla Ice
    2. Sam Attwater,
    3. Steven Arnold,
    4. Jeff Brazier
    5. Johnson Beharry
    6. Craig McLachlan
    7. Dave Vitty
    8. Dominic Cork
    9. (reserve)

Women
    1. Kerry Katona
    2. Chloe Madeley
    3. Jennifer Metcalfe
    4. Denise Welch
    5. Nadia Sawalha
    6. Laura Hamilton
    7. Elen Rives
    8. Angela Rippon
    9. Faye Tozer (reserve)

We have the supposed 16 main participants. All that's missing is the male reserve who probably won't make it onto the main show. I am curious though. (We knew both reserves last year)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3288331/Former-England-cricketer-Dominic-Cork-signs-up-for-Dancing-on-Ice.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Foster (hearsay) has been seen training I would guess he is reserve again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny Foster is definately the reserve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinyangel wrote: »

They're brilliant skaters, but wasn't there some trouble with Melanie's tweeting last year? I'm not really surprised they're not back.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    is there really 16 contestant ?, seem's quite alot
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    is there really 16 contestant ?, seem's quite alot

Apparently so - I think its too many though, especially as the tour schedule appears to suggest that the series will be no longer. Presumably they're going down the X Factor/Strictly route of having 'shock' double eviction weeks or something like that. :rolleyes: Surely they could have ditched a few of those nobodies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Apparently so - I think its too many though, especially as the tour schedule appears to suggest that the series will be no longer. Presumably they're going down the X Factor/Strictly route of having 'shock' double eviction weeks or something like that. :rolleyes: Surely they could have ditched a few of those nobodies?

It's too easy to write people off as 'nobodies' anonymously, after all who are you? If you don't give people a chance how will you ever know if they could be somebody? Don't be so quick to write people off as they may well surprise you with their talent, and those who you know and expect to be good could end up disappointing you. I think we need to use a sense of perspective and realise that so called 'higher-list' (an absurd notion) celebrities have no real need or desire to participate in such a show, further that fame can be fickle/fleeting/transient (not forgetting ultimately unfulfilling).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thing is this programme is supposed to be CELEBS and pro's. IMO they should already be somebody and not need the show to do that for them. Lose the 2 girls that shouldn't be there or swap one of them for Faye who has at least done something to warrant being in it (sadly all the boys do) but to even it up should lose 1/2 of them as well.

However, I do agree that high profile people wouldn't do shows like this. Shame really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    thing is this programme is supposed to be CELEBS and pro's. IMO they should already be somebody and not need the show to do that for them. Lose the 2 girls that shouldn't be there or swap one of them for Faye who has at least done something to warrant being in it (sadly all the boys do) but to even it up should lose 1/2 of them as well.

However, I do agree that high profile people wouldn't do shows like this. Shame really.

Its too easy to be negative, I think people should look at the show in a more optimistic way - it is evident that some use it to reinvigorate a career or life that may be on the wane to give them renewed focus and for others its an opportunity gain greater exposure. Why do the public/media (myself included) like to stick labels or judge people - for instance WAG/only succeeded through nepotism/trash mag fodder, all too readily? Maybe I'm naive but I think we should wait and give everyone a fair crack of the whip and judge on their performance not on our own preconceptions or prejudice.

I have to disagree with the male/female thing as there are male contestants who are also in the fringes so to speak and those who haven't had a career in the mainstream spotlight for years, I won't patronise you by pointing out specific names.

Nevertheless the apparent format changes that have already been mentioned will lead to numbers being reduced quickly in the first week or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well lets hope the right 4 go then ;-)

I agree all these shows (jungle, SCD, DOI) are for reinvigorating past careers (but there lies the word (past careers), at least all of the men have had one.

Men

1. Vanilla Ice - famous for one song which has been hauled out at various opportunities.
    2. Sam Attwater - soap actor
    3. Steven Arnold - soap actor
    4. Jeff Brazier - originally famous for winning a tv show, but now a presenter
    5. Johnson Beharry - HERO
    6. Craig McLachlan - soap actor/singer
    7. Dave Vitty - DJ
    8. Dominic Cork - cricketer
    9. Danny Foster (reserve) - singer

Women

1. Kerry Katona - media **** who was in a band before she had a baby with another singer
    2. Chloe Madeley - has famous parents
    3. Jennifer Metcalfe - soap actress
    4. Denise Welch - loose woman/actress (better actress than loose woman IMO)
    5. Nadia Sawalha - actress
    6. Laura Hamilton - presenter
    7. Elen Rives - EX Wag
    8. Angela Rippon - newsreader
    9. Faye Tozer (reserve) - singer

Tell me that the boys aren't more worthy than the girls, sorry but I do disagree with that. Faye should be there instead of Chloe or Elen.

We'll just have to agree to disagree and I do look forward to the show even if Chloe Madeley is in it (she's my main bug bear to be honest). :-(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chloe may not be as well known as some of the others but she has done tv work so has as much right to be there as the rest IMO. I do think she'll go early though unless she is outstanding on the ice and people vote I want her in for a while as I love who she's partnered with!
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    Well lets hope the right 4 go then ;-)

I agree all these shows (jungle, SCD, DOI) are for reinvigorating past careers (but there lies the word (past careers), at least all of the men have had one.

Men

1. Vanilla Ice - famous for one song which has been hauled out at various opportunities.
    2. Sam Attwater - soap actor
    3. Steven Arnold - soap actor
    4. Jeff Brazier - originally famous for winning a tv show, but now a presenter
    5. Johnson Beharry - HERO
    6. Craig McLachlan - soap actor/singer
    7. Dave Vitty - DJ
    8. Dominic Cork - cricketer
    9. Danny Foster (reserve) - singer

Women

1. Kerry Katona - media **** who was in a band before she had a baby with another singer
    2. Chloe Madeley - has famous parents
    3. Jennifer Metcalfe - soap actress
    4. Denise Welch - loose woman/actress (better actress than loose woman IMO)
    5. Nadia Sawalha - actress
    6. Laura Hamilton - presenter
    7. Elen Rives - EX Wag
    8. Angela Rippon - newsreader
    9. Faye Tozer (reserve) - singer

Tell me that the boys aren't more worthy than the girls, sorry but I do disagree with that. Faye should be there instead of Chloe or Elen.

We'll just have to agree to disagree and I do look forward to the show even if Chloe Madeley is in it (she's my main bug bear to be honest). :-(

What a line up!! Who are they? :confused: A bit like IACGMOOH this year, they are a bunch that we never wanted to see in the first time, never mind about letting them on tv again.

A very poor line up ...... should be a very low budget then.