Options

thinking about it this year we had some amazing sing offs !

rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
Forum Member
i was just thinking although the results of most singoffs where horrific we did have some pretty good performances tbh !

Treyc - one night only
Treyc - Unbreak my heart
Paije - Stop
Mary - this is a mans world

there are more but these are the ones that spring to mind...

i cant actually believe the paije got the boot after his performance of stop and cher got saved. same with mary !

Comments

• Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    TreyC should've stayed against Katie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Yep. In both Paije and TreyC's cases, they outperformed and utterly annihilated Katie and Cher. In both cases, they deserved to stay, and should have, in any unbiased case, had a majority of judges keeping them. Of course, that didn't happen.

Wagner gave us a fairly good singoff performance too with Unforgettable, even though the decision of that one was easily decided before he'd even sung.

And, way back in week 2, we had a pretty good singoff between Diva Fever, who showed what they would do if taken seriously, which was actually quite good, and then Belle Amie came out and outperformed them, in what was by far their best performance.
  • Options
    EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Paije was pretty fantastic in his. It was his best performance by a mile.. and then Cher stayed..

Katie had a few that I liked as well. Perticularly the first one against FYD and with her "sod it" :p

Treyc's One Night Only was good too :) didn't like Unbreak My Heart though..

Also Aiden's Don't Dream it's Over.. He was off a bit, but I still really loved it.

Yeah it was a good season for singoffs now that I think of it.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    what did bell ami sing again ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paige's sing off was awesome
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie. :)
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    No they weren't.:mad:

Wagner should have got through past that foghorn.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stay off the lemons Mr. Farenheight. I loved the irony of Belle Amie's first sing off, Big Girls Don't Cry *burst into uncontrollable tears*
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree Treyc, Paije and Mary were phenomenal the whole way through and definitely should have stayed against Katie (in Treyc's case) and Cher (against Paije and Mary). I wish them all luck though.

But these sing-offs don't come close to Ruth. :D
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Some of the sing offs were quite good this series, I did enjoy most of Katie's sing offs especially the "sod it" one, Aiden's was good, I liked Belle Amie's - the only one I think was overrated was Treyc's Unbreak My Heart - it was pretty dull and she sounded a bit out of her depth.

Ruth Lorenzo is aalways going to be queen of the sing-off though, she always came out with a breathtaking performance in a sing off. Purple Rain still gives me shivers.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eyes330 wrote: »
    Yep. In both Paije and TreyC's cases, they outperformed and utterly annihilated Katie and Cher. In both cases, they deserved to stay, and should have, in any unbiased case, had a majority of judges keeping them. Of course, that didn't happen.

Wagner gave us a fairly good singoff performance too with Unforgettable, even though the decision of that one was easily decided before he'd even sung.

And, way back in week 2, we had a pretty good singoff between Diva Fever, who showed what they would do if taken seriously, which was actually quite good, and then Belle Amie came out and outperformed them, in what was by far their best performance.

Completely agree!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Katie's sing offs were always enjoyable. My favourite was her first one "Don't Let Me Down" where she proved she could really sing and deserved to be there.