Options

Jacob's Cream Crackers

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mmmm who can't get enough of them? I can eat them dry they are that delish however butter & cheddar on top is even better.

Comments

• Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    They're a must with cheese, though I also like digestives with cheese.
    Crackers are lovely with camembert, celery and grapes.... mmmm.

I also like them with potted shrimp or meat pastes.

Don't think I'd like them without a topping though.
  • Options
    aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    I like to spread pesto on them then top with cheese and blast in the micro for 30 secs until cheese is melted
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    I used to love the sun dried tomato ones and the Mediterranean ones they did but it looks like they stopped making them.
    Why is it as soon as I find something I really like they stop making it?...grrrr
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I love them! Great with cheese, of course, but I've also been known to spread them with butter and Marmite, or butter and jam.

Very occasionally, you get a pack where they are a bit darker than normal, ever so slightly overdone - they are delicious.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    I love them! Great with cheese, of course, but I've also been known to spread them with butter and Marmite, or butter and jam.

Very occasionally, you get a pack where they are a bit darker than normal, ever so slightly overdone - they are delicious.

They are even more delicious when the edge is slightly darker :cool: I can eat Jacobs crackers dry or with just about anything on top.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I used to love the sun dried tomato ones and the Mediterranean ones they did but it looks like they stopped making them.
    Why is it as soon as I find something I really like they stop making it?...grrrr

....at the moment I am loving ritz cracker breaks and they do a Olive Oil and Rosemary flavoured one which you might like.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually get the Sainsbury own brand cream crackers which are indistinguishable from Jacob's

I eat a few most days with peanut butter on
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    i eat 6 every day with butter on them as a snack ..excellent
  • Options
    phepiaphepia Posts: 1,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheddar, apple and pickled onion topping, cheddar and branston pickle/piccalilli or double Gloucester with chives (morrisons over the counter is the best variety of this)

I also like Sainburies poppy seed crackers they are almost as nice as cream crackers.
    I just hate the fact that I only eat them now and again so the packet often goes stale before I finish. I tried those keep fresh boxes but found them too bulky to fit in my small cupboards
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tescos ones are equally as good as Jacobs and very yummy with a little peanut butter !
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Mmmm who can't get enough of them? I can eat them dry they are that delish however butter & cheddar on top is even better.

Try eating 3 dry ones in less than a minute. Almost impossible!:)
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try eating 3 dry ones in less than a minute. Almost impossible!:)

Child's play ;-)
  • Options
    Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    ....at the moment I am loving ritz cracker breaks and they do a Olive Oil and Rosemary flavoured one which you might like.

Thanks Lucy Lou, I'll look out for them :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

i much prefer Ritz crackers..someone i work had some so i tried one..not bad and be better with some cream cheese on it..but the calories would add up, so i didn't buy any :p
  • Options
    Arnold_SayerArnold_Sayer Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    They're a must with cheese, though I also like digestives with cheese.
    Crackers are lovely with camembert, celery and grapes.... mmmm.

I also like them with potted shrimp or meat pastes.

Don't think I'd like them without a topping though.
    I especially love them with Leicester red cheese! :eek: :D I would eat as many as I could until I feel sick! :kitty:
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Mmm crackers and cheese........ I'm in the mood for some now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So am I! :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    aggielane wrote: »
    I like to spread pesto on them then top with cheese and blast in the micro for 30 secs until cheese is melted
    Ooh, I've never thought of that. Interesting.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    Dry crackers? I eat them at work with peanut butter but dry?
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    Dry crackers? I eat them at work with peanut butter but dry?

Seriously it may just be my weird taste but I find dry cream crackers so satisfying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seriously it may just be my weird taste but I find dry cream crackers so satisfying.

I especially love eating them dry after eating pickled onions. :blush:
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    So am I! :cry:

Me too! Though krackerwheat. I love those!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sometimes they can be a bit undercooked and glueky (if that's a word) but when they are baked properly they are so nice with peanut butter but eight is enough, go beyond that and I start getting sick.
  • Options
    Forum Member

When I was younger I used to eat them dry but preferred to put jam or plan butter on them.
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them with butter and lemon curd or jam, we used to have them for Sunday tea when I was little.