Football Commentators Thread (Part 17)

Comments

• Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clever3000 wrote: »
    And the new presenter of Homes Under the Hammer is...... Dion Dublin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/dion-dublin-homes-under-hammer

Not Philomena Cunk?
  • Options
    United_2014-15United_2014-15 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Int Friendly Germany vs Australia - 25/03/2015

Bein 12 HD/World Feed - John Hartley
  • Options
    HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Iran v Chile

World Feed - John Roder
  • Options
    Forum Member
    France v Brazil

ITV4 HD - Sam Matterface & Dean Ashton
    ESPN US - Derek Rae & Kasey Keller
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thursday 26th March - ITV4

International Football: France v Brazil

Matt Smith presenting alongside Emmanuel Petit and Neil Lennon

Commentators: Sam Matterface and Dean Ashton
  • Options
    SteveMartinSteveMartin Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homesdale wrote: »
    Scotland v Northern Ireland

Sky Sports 1 HD - Ian Crocker & Neil McCann

Does anybody know who was on the world feed/BEIN 11 commentary? I watched a bit of it before I went out and it wasn't a voice I instantly recognised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know this is off-topic but does anybody know the song thats played at the beginning at the allianz arena (Bayern Munich) just when the teams make there way out to the pitch??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    European league football, BT Sport and ESPN UK

Bundesliga
    Hamburger SV v Hertha BSC Berlin (Friday, BT Sport 2) - Peter Drury and Danny Higginbotham
    Hannover 96 v Borussia Dortmund (Saturday, highlights) - Alex Sisto (as international feed)
    Schalke 04 v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (Saturday, BT Sport 1) - Simon Brotherton and Danny Higginbotham
    FSV Mainz 05 v VfL Wolfsburg (Sunday, BT Sport 2) - Wayne Boyce (I think)
    Bayern Munchen v Borussia Monchengladbach (Sunday, BT Sport 1) - Paul Dempsey and Owen Hargreaves

Ligue 1
    Paris Saint-Germain v Lorient (Friday, ESPN) - Dave Farrar
    Olympique Lyonnais v OCG Nice (Saturday, highlights) - Matt Spiro (as international feed)
    Toulouse v Girondins de Bordeaux (Saturday, BT Sport 2) - Wayne Boyce (I think)
    AS Saint-Etienne v Lille OSC (Sunday, ESPN) - Seb Hutchinson
    Stade de Reims v AS Monaco (Sunday, BT Sport Extra) - Chris Peilow (as international feed)
    Racing Club de Lens v Olympique de Marseille (Sunday, BT Sport 2) - Dave Farrar*

Serie A
    AC Milan v Cagliari (Saturday, BT Sport 1) - Adam Summerton and Paul McVeigh
    Empoli v Sassuolo (Sunday, BT Sport 1) - Steve Wyeth and Tony Dorigo
    Juventus v Genoa (Sunday, BT Sport 1) - Adam Summerton and Stewart Robson
    Sampdoria v Internazionale (Sunday, BT Sport 1) - Derek Rae and Richard Hughes

Primeira Liga
    Sporting CP v Vitoria de Guimaraes (Sunday, BT Sport Extra) - ?

Presentation details:
    Friday - James Richardson presented coverage of Hamburger SV v Hertha Berlin alongside Andy Brassell and Marcus Christenson
    Saturday - Paul Dempsey presented coverage of Schalke 04 v Bayer 04 Leverkusen alongside Peter Lovenkrands and Raphael Honigstein and coverage of AC Milan v Cagliari alongside James Horncastle
    Sunday afternoon - Lynsey Hipgrave presented The European Football Show including coverage of Empoli v Sassuolo and Juventus v Genoa alongside Tom Collomosse and Andy Brassell and coverage of Bayern Munchen v Borussia Monchengladbach alongside Uwe Rosler and Andy Brassell
    Sunday night - James Richardson presented The European Football Show including coverage of Sampdoria v Internazionale alongside James Horncastle, Julien Laurens and Raphael Honigstein

*BT Sport 2 joined coverage of the Lens v Marseille game at 9pm in time for the second half after coverage of the WTA tennis tournament final at Indian Wells overran considerably.

On the evening edition of The European Football Show, Archie Rhind-Tutt voiced the goals round-ups from the Bundesliga and Ligue 1, while they used the live BT Sport commentaries on the Serie A goals round-up plus Richard Whittle's international feed on Chievo v Palermo.

Many thanks to psyer and Homesdale for a fair bit of the information above, and a special thanks to Homesdale for posting the details of BT Sport's studio presentation after my request for him to do so. Much appreciated!

Can anyone confirm Wayne Boyce commentated on Toulouse v Bordeaux on Saturday and Mainz v Wolfsburg on Sunday? It sounds like his voice to me on the highlights edits on the BT Sport website but I am not certain. Also, does anyone know who covered the Sporting game for BT Sport Extra?

Here are the international feed commentators from the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 that have not been mentioned above. From the Bundesliga: Hamburger SV v Hertha BSC Berlin - Jon Hartley, VfB Stuttgart v Eintracht Frankfurt - Phil Bonney, Schalke 04 v Bayer 04 Leverkusen and FSV Mainz 05 v VfL Wolfsburg - Garry Preston and Bayern Munchen v Borussia Monchengladbach - Alan Fountain. From Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain v Lorient, Toulouse v Girondins de Bordeaux and Racing Club de Lens v Olympique de Marseille - Andy Scott and AS Saint-Etienne v Lille OSC - Robbie Thomson.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homesdale wrote: »
    France v Brazil

ITV4 HD - Sam Matterface & Dean Ashton
    ESPN US - Derek Rae & Kasey Keller
    Thursday 26th March - ITV4

International Football: France v Brazil

Matt Smith presenting alongside Emmanuel Petit and Neil Lennon

Commentators: Sam Matterface and Dean Ashton

Thanks.

I was trying to work out who the co commentator was. A less twangy Matt Murray.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is off-topic but does anybody know the song thats played at the beginning at the allianz arena (Bayern Munich) just when the teams make there way out to the pitch??

Do you mean the bit of music heard in this clip?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GonXk1YTQ_Q

I believe it was commissioned specifically for Bayern and is available on at least one of the CDs they produce of their anthems every season. I'm afraid I don't know it's name though - maybe someone else will.
  • Options
    pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    European league football, BT Sport and ESPN UK

FSV Mainz 05 v VfL Wolfsburg (Sunday, BT Sport 2) - Wayne Boyce (I think)

Toulouse v Girondins de Bordeaux (Saturday, BT Sport 2) - Wayne Boyce (I think)

Toulouse v Bordeaux is Wayne Boyce but Mainz v Wolfsburg is Dan Roebuck
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toulouse v Bordeaux is Wayne Boyce but Mainz v Wolfsburg is Dan Roebuck

Thanks Callum.
  • Options
    Tony YeboahTony Yeboah Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Spain u21s v Norway u21s- Kevin Keatings
    Spain v Ukraine- Kevin Keatings
    River Plate v Sevilla- John Roder
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know who was on the world feed/BEIN 11 commentary? I watched a bit of it before I went out and it wasn't a voice I instantly recognised.

I didn't have a clue either to be honest. It wasn't a voice i had heard before!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EURO 2016 Qualifiers - World Feed

Friday
    England v Lithuania - Peter Drury & David Pleat
    Liechtenstein v Austria - Ian Crocker
    Macedonia v Belarus - Phil Blacker
    Moldova v Sweden - Daniel Mann
    Montenegro v Russia - Steve Banyard
    Slovakia v Luxembourg - Jon Champion
    Slovenia v San Marino - Martin Fisher
    Spain v Ukraine -Kevin Keatings & Garry Birtles
    Switzerland v Estonia - Gary Taphouse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you mean the bit of music heard in this clip?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GonXk1YTQ_Q

I believe it was commissioned specifically for Bayern and is available on at least one of the CDs they produce of their anthems every season. I'm afraid I don't know it's name though - maybe someone else will.

Nope Not that one, the one im looking for is the most recent one when they played Borussia Mochengladbach on Sunday and having been coming out in the past couple of months..
  • Options
    Tony YeboahTony Yeboah Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Kazakhstan v Iceland- Dan O'Hagan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazakhstan v Iceland- Dan O'Hagan

Not sure if the blackout rules apply this weekend (espcially as Sky are obviously showing the 5pm games) but that game at 3pm isn't on the Sky EPG.
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if the blackout rules apply this weekend (espcially as Sky are obviously showing the 5pm games) but that game at 3pm isn't on the Sky EPG.
    No blackout in England tomorrow, but there is in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

http://www.uefa.com/news/newsid=19817.html
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They had it listed for live coverage on Sky Sports 5 on their website up to yesterday; they've now removed it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friday 27th March - ITV

UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifier: England v Lithuania

Mark Pougatch presenting from Wembley Stadium alongside Lee Dixon, Ian Wright and Glenn Hoddle

Commentators: Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend

Reporter: Gabriel Clarke

Pougatch is listed to be hosting the highlights with Dixon, Townsend and Hoddle.
  • Options
    The LizardThe Lizard Posts: 2,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Euro 2016 Qualifier - Spain v Ukraine (Sky Sports 5):

David Jones presenting, with Luis Garcia and Terry Gibson.

Commentators - Rob Palmer and Gerry Armstrong
  • Options
    BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is Townsend going? Chiles has gone already, thank christ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    No blackout in England tomorrow, but there is in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

http://www.uefa.com/news/newsid=19817.html

So technically Sky are going a wee bit "crazy" by showing the 5pm games, 15 minutes early of the blackout in Sco/NI. :o:D
  • Options
    Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is doing the Brazil v Chile game please?
This discussion has been closed.