EE Rita Simons

Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it time Rita took a leaf out of Jake Wood's book and took a year off?
I think the character of Roxy is just going round in circles and has become boring. I used to love the character but I think the audience needs a break from her. :kitty:

Comments

• Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh I'm sure theres a few more husbands, boyfriends she can sleep with or try and sleep with (yawn)
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean back for Roxy Would he good.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I'm so bored with Roxy. She does the same thing over and over. She's just man dependent and has no other stories. I think Rita should take a year off too and maybe do a drama to refresh herself. Unfortunately she'll return with a man who'll have an affair, Ronnie will threaten him and Roxy will date someone else...and over again.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,719
    Forum Member
    She can't act, she just shouts all her lines.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is doing panto this Christmas season so will be off screen for a bit. But she definitely needs refreshing, hence a longer break at this stage would be for the best. Jake Wood is doing just that for Max, Rita needs to do the same and get stuck into another project for a bit.
  • danlrwilliamsdanlrwilliams Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    The only time I find that the character of Rocy works is when she's behind the bar. Worked great when she was in The Vic with Peggy and the rest of the faaaamily and also when she was in R&R, DTC needs to revive the set and get the Mitchell's back in there!
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    BadRomance wrote: »
    She can't act, she just shouts all her lines.

Ugh, I get tired of this "I don't like her, so she can't act" comment people keep spewing out.

She clearly can act, otherwise another actress would have been cast over Rita.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She clearly can act, otherwise another actress would have been cast over Rita.

That's a bit of a throwaway line methinks.

I mean, do you really think Jimmi Harkishan (Corrie) was cast as Dev because he can act and there were no other auditionees that could have been cast over him????
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it time Rita took a leaf out of Jake Wood's book and took a year off?
    I think the character of Roxy is just going round in circles and has become boring. I used to love the character but I think the audience needs a break from her. :kitty:

Rita needs to leave the show altogether. Roxy has never been developed beyond storylines that revolve around her constant dependence on Men.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    That's a bit of a throwaway line methinks.

I mean, do you really think Jimmi Harkishan (Corrie) was cast as Dev because he can act and there were no other auditionees that could have been cast over him????

He was obviously the best of a bad bunch who auditioned for the role of Dev. The Caster obviously saw something in him that they liked.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only time I find that the character of Rocy works is when she's behind the bar. Worked great when she was in The Vic with Peggy and the rest of the faaaamily and also when she was in R&R, DTC needs to revive the set and get the Mitchell's back in there!

This. :p

It will never happen though, because DTC loves the Carters too much.
  • LilyBLilyB Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Dull character, boring storylines, weak actress. They should write her out permanently which would also free Ronnie from their repetitive and tiresome sister dynamic.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita can perform if given material.