EE Slow Burn Stories

Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Eastenders have done some of the best slow burn stories ever such as Who's the Father of Michelle Fowler's baby? Who Shot Phil? and who killed Lucy? I have no objection whatsoever to these slow burn stories, the problem with DTC is he seems to think they all have to be like that, he's not putting in immediate resolve stories in order to balance it so people aren't getting bored.
What do you think about the slow burn approach?

Comments

• Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it gets rid of the gnats for good both as viewers and on here it will be good for the show. The screaming it's boring every five minutes is ruining a good show. Catering to this generation is pretty pointless as they are destined to be bored by serial drama. It just isn't as a genre supposed to be drama drama drama.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the odd slow burner but I don't like too many, things drag on forever and you can get to the point it's went on so long your past caring what happens.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm all for slow-burn stories as long as they have a clear plan to execute them and keep them exciting. The Chrissie/Den saga in 2005 is a great example of a long-running storyline that genuinely became more exciting as it went on. It had so many carefully-planned twists and turns, and by the end of it just about every character in the show was involved in some way.

On the other hand, we have the Linda/Dean rape plot which is an example of how not to do a 'slow-burn' story. For months we've had the same scenes repeated over and over, and the whole thing feels like they are dragging it out for the sake of it.