Leverage

Smudger09Smudger09 Posts: 65
Forum Member
Anyone else watching this hidden gem on Bravo? Probably my fav program on the box at the moment; can't believe a terrestrial channel hasn't picked it up. Gina Bellman, mmmmm..........

With Leverage, Sons of Anarchy & Spartacus, Bravo has picked up some top stuff recently. Really hope VM obtains rights to Bravo HD when it becomes available.

Comments

• ajaaja Posts: 1,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smudger09 wrote: »
    Anyone else watching this hidden gem on Bravo? Probably my fav program on the box at the moment; can't believe a terrestrial channel hasn't picked it up. Gina Bellman, mmmmm..........

With Leverage, Sons of Anarchy & Spartacus, Bravo has picked up some top stuff recently. Really hope VM obtains rights to Bravo HD when it becomes available.

I've been waching Leverage on Bravo since the first series earlier this year (the USA are already onto series 3!). It'll look even better when/if Bravo HD launches.

This show is typical of what terrestrial channels are missing. Only a couple of years ago this would have been on C4 or FIve but let's not forget they both missed out on "Boston Legal" too until it was near an end.

I agree with the comment re the gorgeous Gina Bellman but I've found Timothy Hutton's acting in Series 2 quite wooden. I wonder if he's just pushing the "recovering alcoholic" act just a little too much?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's coming to Channel One (old Virgin1) very shortly.!!!

I'm watching it at US pace and have watch each eps many-many times. Though I'm not a fan of Ginas, it's Parker all the way for me :)

Particular highlights are (1) The Bank Job (2) The Jury Job and the "What would Parker do" bit from another ep. :p
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have been watching since season 1. A brilliant fun show.

Parker and the Hacker guy are so funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Yep Ive been watching since season one at US Pace. One of my favourite shows!
  • Leatherface!!!Leatherface!!! Posts: 4,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only good show on at the moment
  • jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ye iv been watching since it started on Bravo :) some of the episodes are hit and miss, but overall a good fun show!
  • pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I loved Hustle and then this came along it was Fantastic....

First few eps of Season 2 we a bit off, but the last one aired was good :-)

~ pokemaster
  • TimA-CTimA-C Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    I agree with all the Gina Bellman comments (remember her in Coupling and Jekyll?;)) but the writing in both series is pretty dire. When sitting in a car that has one of those beeping car bombs in, the so called 'computer whizz' says, "oh. It's a computer . . . I know about computers!". And how many times have the marks or the Police/FBI agents/varied other authorities just taken a couple of steps before one of our intrepid, if slightly bent, heroes starts talking about the con whilst making absolutely no attempt to talk quietly! And another thing, when was any police officer or EVER allowed to have his hair like "The Fighter's"?

I'm sorry, but this is a very poor Hustle substitute. If it wasn't for Gina . . . :o
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I love Leverage, great show. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^poor Hustle substitute

- No way hoezay. The Hustle team are all just too damn smug with themselves and at just how clever they're being... bleh. The Leverage crew are just fun :)
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Been following the show at US pace and it's a brilliant series.

Have to agree Gina Bellman isn't my favourite within the show but the rest of the cast i love.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    I watched the first episode of the 2nd season and all I could think was bring back Mickie Bricks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Loving this series but never enough Christian Kane for me :)
  • The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i found this last year and found means to watch 2 seaons straight away, ive been watching US pace since season 3 started..

one thing (i'll spoiler tag just in case)
    have they just dropped the Hardison / Parker romance they teased

also, During a the episode where Elliot sings... i didn't actually know he was a singer until that!

but its pretty catchy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlc_PlLd0bE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^methinks it's still bubbling under the surface.
    iirc in a recent S3 ep didn't they show Parker having a secret pull out bed in Hardisons truck - though maybe that was his bed, but I took her bedding down there as an indication of some kinda intimacy between the two. Maybe the ptb will have a S4 ep which reveals the two have been doing it like Bunnies for months :) - the two are professionals after all so it's unlikely they'd be all smoochiekins whilst in Leverage-mode. :D
  • The Icon V2The Icon V2 Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohhh
    to be honest i can remember that scene with the bedding? i hope they don't just drop it though. its been kind of funny watching it slowly build up. specially when Parker was getting really jealous over that girl they were helping, she sooo nearly told him too :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leverage is one of those shows you watch & enjoy for what it is - slick & fun. I like Gina Bellman too but for me Parker is the better of the two she is so dead pan & awkward but at the same time seems to provide a lot of the comedy. Loved last week where the tough guy hasa fight with the busty Isralie Amazon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leverage is one of those shows you watch & enjoy for what it is - slick & fun. I like Gina Bellman too but for me Parker is the better of the two she is so dead pan & awkward but at the same time seems to provide a lot of the comedy. Loved last week where the tough guy has a fight with the busty Isralie Amazon.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will be interesting to see how,
    Jeri Ryan fits in when she covers for Gina off having her baby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how,
    Jeri Ryan fits in when she covers for Gina off having her baby.

Jeri Ryan! Slobber! Slobber! :D
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Loving this series but never enough Christian Kane for me :)

yes i have to agree i love Mr Kane, he is my ideal man, lovely voice plays guitar and totally hot and a nice guy too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    leverage is one of those shows you watch & enjoy for what it is - slick & fun. I like Gina Bellman too but for me Parker is the better of the two she is so dead pan & awkward but at the same time seems to provide a lot of the comedy. Loved last week where the tough guy has a fight with the busty Isralie Amazon.

And where Parker 'thinks' Gina is dead - looks at coffin, pinches her to see if she is a ghost, etc:D
  • gamersxchangegamersxchange Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Watched last night on Channel One and it is "Hustle USA" ,

from the music , the style , i was taken back to Hustle and it is only the fact that Hustle is not on until January that i will probably stick with this.

But if Both shows were on then i would find it difficult to choose leverage as Hustle is where my loyalty lies.
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    TimA-C wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but this is a very poor Hustle substitute. If it wasn't for Gina . . . :o

I never liked Hustle - never managed to get to the end of an episode without getting bored and channel flicking, Leverage on the other hand is brilliant and one of my favourite shows,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like leverage it is slick & fun, admittely you do need to watch it for purely entertainment & not be critical as I tend to be of programmes. The bonus is having the gorgeous Jeri Ryan joining them for a while while Gina Bellman is off having a baby.
    I just love Ryan have done since Voyager & Shark & the Dracula movie.