UTV HD Now available on VM Channel 113

mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
Forum Member
It has been confirmed on Cable Forum that UTV HD is now available on channel 113 in Northern Ireland.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know we cannot but it would be lovely to see it in England.............
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Doug P wrote: »
    I know we cannot but it would be lovely to see it in England.............

There's about as much chance of that happening as RTE launching in England!
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does itv Breakfast (Daybreak, Lorraine, Citv at weekends) get broadcast on UTV HD?
    Forum Member
    yorksdave wrote: »
    Does itv Breakfast (Daybreak, Lorraine, Citv at weekends) get broadcast on UTV HD?

Yes it did today I asked the same question, there is no requirement to though as STV HD proved but they just don't want to give ITV plc free advertising space.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    Yes it did today I asked the same question, there is no requirement to though as STV HD proved but they just don't want to give ITV plc free advertising space.

Thanks, Most people do not understand the difference between itv breakfast and the itv (channel3) network so STV HD not broadcasting 6 - 9.25 will be confusing for most, more sensible to provide what appears to be a seamless 24 hour channel. I assume UTV have come to some agreement with itv plc to broadcast itv breakfast. Whilst UTV asserts its independence from itv plc and does opt out from the network, it seems to have a more pragmatic approach to its dealings with itv plc than STV does, one which itv plc could well do to reward by giving the itv breakfast regional news contract back to UTV, when the current agreement with Macmillan media expires.
  • Awshum-YawnAwshum-Yawn Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, I didn't notice it.

Now all I need is BBC 1 HD and that's my viewing almost entirely in HD... part from some of the discovery and kids shows.
  • SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMAZING!!!!

Thank you!!

This is pretty much ITV HD other than we get UTV Live as news, and we have to wait until Tuesday night to see the Cube! :D
    Forum Member
    yorksdave wrote: »
    Thanks, Most people do not understand the difference between itv breakfast and the itv (channel3) network so STV HD not broadcasting 6 - 9.25 will be confusing for most, more sensible to provide what appears to be a seamless 24 hour channel. I assume UTV have come to some agreement with itv plc to broadcast itv breakfast. Whilst UTV asserts its independence from itv plc and does opt out from the network, it seems to have a more pragmatic approach to its dealings with itv plc than STV does, one which itv plc could well do to reward by giving the itv breakfast regional news contract back to UTV, when the current agreement with Macmillan media expires.

I think STV are also unhappy with the regular references to ITV1 together with promotions for ITV1 branded programme trailers too but as you say UTV seem more pragmatic.

I think most people thought TV-am was just a programme even back then but I bet there cannot be many countries where a breakfast tv licence has been awarded, It was almost understandable in 1982 but it is crazy in a multichannel world and will surely go when the licence expires.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UTV HD with their enormous DOG... ugh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I'm delighted to find UTV HD and was looking forward to my first show, The X Factor in HD.

Bitterly disappointed that it was plagued with technical faults and glitches for the entire 2hrs 30mins and I'm pissed. :mad: