She's got such an amazing voice.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Je suis d'accord totalement. It was absolutely breathtaking :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any one else reminded of Leonas Happy? or was it just me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was breathtaking! I gasped! :)
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukool wrote: »
    Any one else reminded of Leonas Happy? or was it just me.

It was only 1000 000 x better in every possible way
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of the blandest most unoriginal songs i've ever heard... its her uncreativity, crap songs that represent the direness of that show

I'd actually rather listen to jedward
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biko wrote: »
    one of the blandest most unoriginal songs i've ever heard... its her uncreativity, crap songs that represent the direness of that show

I'd actually rather listen to jedward

Hmmm, couldn't find anything bad to say about her voice though could you? :rolleyes:

And you can hardly call Alexandra bland, seeing as this is her first ballad release in 2 years after delivering a string of uptempo/dance hits...

I think its time you sat down :)
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Hmmm, couldn't find anything bad to say about her voice though could you? :rolleyes:

And you can hardly call Alexandra bland, seeing as this is her first ballad release in 2 years after delivering a string of uptempo/dance hits...

You tell it like it is
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

uptempo/dance songs can actually be bland too, and no I can't really find anything to say bad about her voice, don't really have anything good to say either, its just one of those "heard it all before" voices

but being a music fan you should know that its more than just having a "voice" i can name a million artists who are much more influential than alexandra that wouldn't be able to match her technical vocal abilities
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the single released? There is only the album version on itunes?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the single released? There is only the album version on itunes?

The single is out now :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    The single is out now :)
    That's what I thought, but there is only the album version available on itunes? :S
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    i think its a good song and she sounds ace on it i just prefer her sining her r and b songs now as they suit her better i think personally i know loads of you will prob disagree
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    That's what I thought, but there is only the album version available on itunes? :S

It's not getting a proper single release, Just available to cherry-pick from the album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Just downloaded it. I didn't expect to like it but, it's very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I'm not especially a fan of Alexandra, but I just thought it was funny how she came on, belted out a number and rendered the whole series pretty redundant.

+ You've got to love a performance that involves being air lifted.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't like the song or her. She balled and shouted throughout the song. Sorry. Thats just my opinion for what its worth.I'm sure plenty people enjoy her.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes my favourite winner by far, but, the gimmicky set with the suspended dancers/violinist was unneccessary and a tad vulgar, (also ripped off from Madonnas drowned earth tour), i dont blame her though- just the 'creative' team!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    The set was ridiculous but her vocal was totally out of this world! I haven't seen anyone come on the show as an established act and sing that well. She is a fantastic talent, I hope she is not wasted with poor songs.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winterland wrote: »
    The set was ridiculous but her vocal was totally out of this world! I haven't seen anyone come on the show as an established act and sing that well. She is a fantastic talent, I hope she is not wasted with poor songs.
    Totally agree. The material she's been given so far has been weak, IMO. But I also totally agree that she showed how superior she is, as a singer. It was an amazing performance.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    Totally agree. The material she's been given so far has been weak, IMO. But I also totally agree that she showed how superior she is, as a singer. It was an amazing performance.

I wouldn't say it's been weak - Bad Boys and All Night Long are very good pop songs. Start Without You and Broken Heels are the wrong side of cheesy, but the album overall was pretty good for a debut.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Such a stunning performance

Her best performance i have seen from her as i have found past promo on past singles very dire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh...

I would give Leona Lewis's performance of Run 95/100 and Lady GaGa's Bad Romance 94/100. By comparison, Alexandra's The Silence gets...

65/100...

Not in the same league as Leona Lewis in terms of singing ballads, nor of GaGa in terms of singing uptempo songs. Well sung, but emotionless and dull. Forgettable to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounded incredible but her hair was terrible :o
  • speedyboispeedyboi Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I though the song was really dull - I cannot recall anything about it. However,I though she sang really well, looked lovely and the staging was great!