The Vampire Diaries Season 2 UK

Comments

• clangers23clangers23 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Noooo I didn't realise there was going to be a break! :eek:
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member
    This year the break is shorter, even though it doesn't seem like it. Last year it went off on November 19 and came back on January 21. It still seems like ages though :( I think there will be another break next year too because this week's episode was the half way mark for the season. If they ran the next 11 episodes without a break it would end in the beginning of April.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVD comes back on January 27th in the US.

Never :cry:they can not leave it like that, just seen the new one and i need to see the next one :cry:
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I have thought of one good thing about the break, after tuesday I can finally have a read through of the US thread without worrying about seeing spoilers :o
    Forum Member
    Ahhh there's always a little light around the cloud :D
    I have avoided the US thread like the plague up until now for fear of spoilers.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave in to temptation & watched the next episode (even though we only have to wait till Tuedsay for it over here :D) and now I cant wait to talk about it on this thread - roll on Tuesday night :D
    Forum Member
    I take it it was good? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »

I agree even though I love Damon I do find Stefan just as sexy, Damon is the bad guy we all love to hate & Stefan is the sweet guy you just love :D
    Blemished wrote: »
    How very dare you talk about the lovely Stefan like that. :mad::D
    Ok I admit Damon is sexier.. but Stefan is just adorable. :o

maybe this is where I go wrong in real life!

I just can't stand the constant 'poor tortured me' attitude stefan has (although he's slightly better this season, I will admit), it seems to be the standard 'go to' for any vampire (Angel, edward cullen etc). I MUCH prefer the 'Im sexy and I know it' thing that damon has going on.

(and yes I was a spike girl, and prefer Jacob....:D:D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »

I just can't stand the constant 'poor tortured me' attitude stefan has (although he's slightly better this season, I will admit), it seems to be the standard 'go to' for any vampire (Angel, edward cullen etc). I MUCH prefer the 'Im sexy and I know it' thing that damon has going on.

I do though think that things aren't as they seem with Damon and Stefan. There have been lots of clues from the start that all is not what it seems, Damon at the very beginning said that his and Stefan's versions of the past would be rather different. Some conversations over time have also hinted at this and Katherine also commented how Damon has changed from being a wimp to sexy.

Gradually we have been shown softer sides of Damon and harsher sides of Stefan. I can't help feeling that there has been a shift somewhere in the past for some reason and there seems to be a bit of a shift at the moment. Stefan has been showing a more strong side while Damon has been gradually calming down.

I wonder if we could end up with a nasty Stefan and softie Damon. A lot of other characters also confuse us along the way where we think they are one thing to start and turn out another.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member

I think his ''poor me'' attitude is more or less gone now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clangers23 wrote: »
    I take it it was good? :)

yes it was very good :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

whilst I always loved Angel I also loved Spike too and I have to say Im not an Edward fan at all Im Team Jacob all the way :D so I think its possible to like both type of supernatural men :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Denise wrote: »
    I do though think that things aren't as they seem with Damon and Stefan. There have been lots of clues from the start that all is not what it seems, Damon at the very beginning said that his and Stefan's versions of the past would be rather different. Some conversations over time have also hinted at this and Katherine also commented how Damon has changed from being a wimp to sexy.

Gradually we have been shown softer sides of Damon and harsher sides of Stefan. I can't help feeling that there has been a shift somewhere in the past for some reason and there seems to be a bit of a shift at the moment. Stefan has been showing a more strong side while Damon has been gradually calming down.

I wonder if we could end up with a nasty Stefan and softie Damon. A lot of other characters also confuse us along the way where we think they are one thing to start and turn out another.

yeah you did see when they were turned that stefan forced damon to change, then has spent his un-life regretting it!
    I think his ''poor me'' attitude is more or less gone now.

Thank goodness! I didn't mind him, but it got a bit annoying when all he would consider was elena!
    whilst I always loved Angel I also loved Spike too and I have to say Im not an Edward fan at all Im Team Jacob all the way :D so I think its possible to like both type of supernatural men :D

ah, so there is hope for me!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no.. so how some of you were saying you didn't like Rose due to another character the actress used to play.. well Jules has been on the screen hardly ten minutes and I already dislike her. Couldn't stand the person she played on One Tree Hill. :mad::o So I understand how you felt now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode.

I would actually have liked to see Stefan in the tomb a bit longer, just to watch the dynamics a bit more.

So, did I catch it right, Elijah is actually after Klaus and wants to avoid the spell being broken? That could be useful, I assume he wants Katherine in the tomb as bait?

.............. and can I be Damon's 'special' friend? :D
  • suspect10suspect10 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Yeah, i'm with you there denise, bit dissapointed he got out
    so soon. Cant believe we have to wait weeks for the next episode, still it will give me a chance to recap on the last few.

About that special friend bit..........I'll get in the queue.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think my new favourite couple (even though they aren't actually one) are Tyler and Caroline. How cute!

I was expecting a little more... heat? from Katherine and Stefan but I'm glad he's back with Elena. Though yes I do agree that it's a shame he's out so soon.

I'm a little confused as to what Elijah wants to do about the moonstone/curse.. does he NOT want it breaking? Or does he? Kind of glad he's turned out to be Elena's 'guardian' as such.. though I imagine Damon might not be too pleased about their little deal and he may just get a little jealous.

*Joins yet another Damon-oriented queue* :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think my new favourite couple (even though they aren't actually one) are Tyler and Caroline. How cute!

They are making a great friendship, but should we now call Caroline the 'barbie' vampire? Damon cracks me up sometimes :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    .............. and can I be Damon's 'special' friend? :D
    suspect10 wrote: »

About that special friend bit..........I'll get in the queue.:D

Hey wait for me! :D

Waits in line patiently. :p

About the episode, I would have liked to have seen Stefan in the tomb for a lot longer. But it was nice to see him and Elena together again. :)

Elijah is a cool character. Still don't know if I can trust him 100% but loving his work so far!

The ending could have been a bit better seeing we will have to wait till the end of January for the next episode. But what will happen to Rose will be interesting.

How painful was it watching Tyler transform? Very well acted and Caroline was so sweet sticking by him. Definitely liking them two together.

And Damon.....*drools* :D
  • pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <3 Vampire Barbie <3
    Just thought I would put across that not everyone on this thread wants a bit of Damon lol.

Also, I think bringing Stefan out the tomb this early was a mistake and feels somehow like a let down.

~ pokemaster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ok it looks like I will be at the back of the queue but hey I will wait for as long as possible for some friendly Damon action :D:D

So after watching the episode again last night it didn’t seem quite as good, I was disappointed that Stefan got out of the tomb so quickly & that the rumoured sex between him & Katherine was just her mind games :(

Also I wasn’t happy with the ending, I don’t care about Rose one bit so whether she lives or dies makes no difference & is in no way a cliffhanger ending :mad:

I did however love Caroline being so sweet & staying with Tyler, I really hope they do more with these two, although Im not liking the absence of Matt, he needs some more air time :)

Oh well it looks like I will be re-watching the season so far to make up for the lack of new episodes :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no.. so how some of you were saying you didn't like Rose due to another character the actress used to play.. well Jules has been on the screen hardly ten minutes and I already dislike her. Couldn't stand the person she played on One Tree Hill. :mad::o So I understand how you felt now!

ha ha I was thinking the same thing last night, first we got an actress from Supernatural I hated & now they have added the girl from OTH who I also hated :mad: (I was a huge Lucas/Peyton fan so anyone who messed with them I didnt like :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I am assuming I am the only one, but I really dislike the Elena Character - she is just so stupid, and always moping around, with this "woe is me" persona. I do think I am probably the only one but I thought I would check.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any guesses as to who the lucky lady was? Im just gutted it wasnt me :D

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/12/15/ian-somerhalder-naked-birthday-photo-vampire-diaries/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any guesses as to who the lucky lady was? Im just gutted it wasnt me :D

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/12/15/ian-somerhalder-naked-birthday-photo-vampire-diaries/

I would go for Rose, unless Katherine plays a few more mind games. I am looking forward to seeing the scene :D