Options

EE Could Poppy be a Branning or a Cross?

Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Poppy was brought back and we have no idea of her back story. When she mentioned her mum the other day I wondered if she was brought back to be Cora's eldest daugthers daughter as there didn't seem to be any other reason to bring her back!

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she WAS Cora's eldest daughter's daughter then that would in no way make her a Branning, just as Cora and Rainie are in no way Brannings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True. But is she Cora's granddaughter?
  • Options
    enderforever07enderforever07 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not everyone should be related

its bad enough theres loads of brannings atm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not everyone should be related

its bad enough theres loads of brannings atm

Exactly.
    Jo09 wrote: »
    True. But is she Cora's granddaughter?

I hope note, see above.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she turns out to be Rainies secret abandoned daughter!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please no
  • Options
    Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wouldn't even be a Cross, seeing as Cross isn't Cora's maiden name.
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No no no! No more Brannings! I'm hoping for a huge gas explosion on Christmas Day...when every single Branning (except Dot) esp Derek and his two kids...are sitting down to Christmas Dinner!
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Kirkwood and Santer have a lot to answer for, their obsessions with long lost secret relatives has now spilled completely across the forum and I'm fed up of seeing threads about random characters being related to each other. It's getting really boring now and I wish that these people were more original.

Speculation is what makes this forum tick, I just wish some people would put some thought into what they are posting.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, just when everyone has given up on Sharon being Cora's daughter, everyone now thinks that Poppy is Cora's granddaughter
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Poppy staying? I personally like her character much more this time around.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Is Poppy staying? I personally like her character much more this time around.

Sounds like it. I've always liked Poppy, she just needs a bit more material.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Kirkwood and Santer have a lot to answer for, their obsessions with long lost secret relatives has now spilled completely across the forum and I'm fed up of seeing threads about random characters being related to each other. It's getting really boring now and I wish that these people were more original.

Speculation is what makes this forum tick, I just wish some people would put some thought into what they are posting.

You don't need to read or comment on threads. The point of Cora's secret daughter is to induce speculation.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    WHY this obsession that every character needs to be somehow related to other people?

How unrealistic would it be that Poppy arrives as a friend of Jodie's, then turns out to be a long lost Branning or Cross ????

This is downright silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    WHY this obsession that every character needs to be somehow related to other people?

How unrealistic would it be that Poppy arrives as a friend of Jodie's, then turns out to be a long lost Branning or Cross ????

This is downright silly.

Just as silly as someone stalking their mother for months then dying in their arms after the reveal.

Why was Poppy brought back? She's had no decent storylines yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    I thought Poppy was only brought back for a few episodes? Reminds me of when Vanessa was around :( The Bubblys in the fridge!!
  • Options
    EbealeEbeale Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i now wonder if jay is bianca's secret son due to ginger hair.
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling Poppy is Jewish, so I doubt it.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's Cora's mam.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Jo09 wrote: »
    You don't need to read or comment on threads. The point of Cora's secret daughter is to induce speculation.

And thats great, but when everything points the other way it's ludicrous to continue to speculate about something that could never happen.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's Cora's mam.

I agree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    And thats great, but when everything points the other way it's ludicrous to continue to speculate about something that could never happen.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what the "everything points the other way" is?
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will never happen, i like poppy she a lovely girl.
    maybe she kat mystery shagger