Options

Question about 3 deals in the UK

D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Asking this on behalf of a friend. I know that 3 in Ireland allows you to pay a monthly €20 and you get all you can eat data, a certain number of texts/ months and also crucially free calls to any Irish or UK number at weekends.

For my friend who is moving to the UK, she wants a similar deal but on a UK 3 Sim. So basically the question is, do 3 do something similar in the UK which gives him the ability to ring UK and (crucially) Irish numbers for free at the weekends.

Any advice or answers on this would be a great help.

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's Irish Republic then Three probably treat this as Euro roaming. If it's Northern Ireland then it would be included in Uk. I don't think those free weekend call packages exist now though.
  • Options
    lost boylost boy Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    Hi all,

Asking this on behalf of a friend. I know that 3 in Ireland allows you to pay a monthly €20 and you get all you can eat data, a certain number of texts/ months and also crucially free calls to any Irish or UK number at weekends.

For my friend who is moving to the UK, she wants a similar deal but on a UK 3 Sim. So basically the question is, do 3 do something similar in the UK which gives him the ability to ring UK and (crucially) Irish numbers for free at the weekends.

Any advice or answers on this would be a great help.

thanks!

Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go?

As calling Irish numbers is crucial, probably the best value option is the International Saver add on on Pay Monthly, £15.32 a month on top of any tariff, which gives 3,000 minutes to call various countries (including Ireland) at any time as detailed here.

Reduced rate roaming is available for Three UK sims when roaming on Three Ireland too it says here.
  • Options
    Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three do a pay as you go deal where you top up for example £15 and then you can get an all in one 15 add on which gives you 300 minutes, 5000 texts and all-you-can-eat data.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Pay_As_You_Go_Price_Plans

for even better value, your friend may want to consider a 30 day rolling contract

http://store.three.co.uk/SIM_Only/Voice_Pay_Monthly
  • Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    To save making a new thread can I go into a 3 store and ask for a Pay As You Go nano sim?