A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,973
    Forum Member
    It's terrible, in my opinion. The more that I look at it, the more that I dislike it. I want the old DS back!
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many CSS issues it isn't funny.

When you have to switch to the mobile site on a desktop, you know the design is broken.
    Forum Member
    So many CSS issues it isn't funny.

When you have to switch to the mobile site on a desktop, you know the design is broken.

How do you do that? I want to see what the difference is.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they'd change something that was working fine. It's like when they changed the layout of my college email system. Everyone in college complained about it but the pathetic excuse of an IT department we have probably won't listen. Fixing it probably costs them a few games of Solitaire :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    How do you do that? I want to see what the difference is.

At the bottom of the page there is a drop down called style switcher.
    Forum Member

Found it. Thank you. This is actually better!
    Forum Member

I tried that. The mobile interface was terrible on my Mac. I haven't tried the new DS on my smartphone yet. The interface is just so boring! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried that. The mobile interface was terrible on my Mac. I haven't tried the new DS on my smartphone yet. The interface is just so boring! :(

Better than the mess they have made with the regular site
    Forum Member
    Better than the mess they have made with the regular site

Yes. I'm posting from an ipad at the moment and half of the screen is missing. :rolleyes: awful.
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening. I agree this new look DS looks dreadful :(
    Forum Member
    Hello x+y!

I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow and see the old DS. I think that I might be dreaming though. Surely the mods have to take in to consideration the FMs opinions.
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Hello x+y!

I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow and see the old DS. I think that I might be dreaming though. Surely the mods have to take in to consideration the FMs opinions.

Hopefully. It just looks dull, bland. It's like we've gone back 10 years. :(

Anyway how are you?
    Forum Member
    x+y wrote: »

Anyway how are you?

Yeah this sort of layout might have been acceptable in 2003 when dial up internet was still common but not in the broadband and 4G age we're in. I remember sites looking like this when I first started using the internet in 1999/2000. I hope they change it back.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they're just trying it out who knows what it will be like next :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to Delta Goodrem now after see the thread down the page :D

I had forgotten what a good singer she is.
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Maybe they're just trying it out who knows what it will be like next :D

Maybe :p And what have they done with the smilies? I want the old ones back! I liked those. They were fun :cry: Why oh why did they have to change it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well chnage is always good CNBC keepsd things fresh or in this case a point for discussion at least :D

And Truth i love Delta though i think after her first two albums only Believe Again and Sittin On Top f the World do it for me. But Innocent Eyes and Mistaken Identity great great albums :)
    Forum Member
    Well chnage is always good CNBC keepsd things fresh or in this case a point for discussion at least :D

Depends on the change. In the case of Windows 8 (or this) change is not a good thing :p The web layout is very early 00s. Awful. Hard to believe it's not long til my first exam! I'm gonna be stressed tomorrow like Doreen is in my latest story :p Pity Sheila can't help me out :D
    Forum Member
    Morning
    x+y wrote: »

Anyway how are you?

Well...that wish didn't come true, did it? It's so difficult to see what's been quoted :(

I'm good thanks, x+y. You?
    Forum Member
    Morning!
    Forum Member
    Afternoon.

Just got back from the radio station.

This new layout is terrible. I really hope that they change it.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon Mimi! I can't get used to the new layout either. It's awful. I hope they listen to us and change it back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the new layout is more of an eyesoare more than anything for me :p
    Forum Member
    Evening HM!
    Forum Member
    Afternoon Mimi! I can't get used to the new layout either. It's awful. I hope they listen to us and change it back.
    Yeah the new layout is more of an eyesoare more than anything for me :p

Yes! :( I hate it. I sent DS an email about it. Apparently a few others have as well. I don't think that they'd take any notice on the thread in General Discussion but maybe they would if people emailed them directly individually?

I've just finished reading "Chart Throb" by Ben Elton. It's based on the X Factor/Pop Idol format. It's brilliant! :D It completely takes the mick out of it all. Well worth reading!