The media/betting favourite has never won BGT

stujonesstujones Posts: 1,277
Forum Member
✭✭✭
..... and I seriously don't think Susan will aswell. For my money, she has been the best auditionee so far. Even exclude the hype about her appearance etc, she's got a fantastic voice and seems to have so much fun on stage.

However, I just think come the final a combination of someone going for a youngster and Susan fans thinking its in the bag will result in an upset.

The shows often go on the performance in the final, regardless of the vote in previous rounds. Take Alexander Burke - she was lagging behind in the votes in early shows, similarly Gareth Gates in PI 1.

Paul Potts was popular, but Connie Talbort was a clear favourite with the media and the bookies in the run up. I believe Connie's clip had more youtube views than Paul.

I also believe, but am not 100% sure, that Escarla were considered the favourites last year. Again George was AMONG the favourites but I don't think was THE favourite.

Comments

• C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Paul became the clear BGT favourite in the semi finals because Connie was pretty poor at that stage.

Last year I think Faryl was the favourite. I don't think many would have predicted a top 2 of George and Signature.