Options

Nadine Coyle flopping?

Comments

• Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stop getting so touchy, its just because nadines song is not a good as cheryls and cheryl has took all the fans. no ones bothered about nadine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    ^ Sorry it's hard to respond to idiocy without being a bit pissed off.

Was you who was going on about no one being interested in her the other day...? She's had pleny of attention on here so wtf are you talking about... always a thread on the front page... with thousands of views... so yeah... just because YOU'RE not bothered that doesn't equate to no-one being bothered ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like the song. not heard the album. the single is the wrong choice for debut. people not interested in it and it hasnt got enough buzz around it to make it a hit. Im just saying, people love cheryl at the moment so maybe she shouldnt have released it so close to cheryls releases if shes wants a chance of success.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a shame seeing as Nadine is much more talented than Cheryl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheryl has stole the limelight.
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Jodie- wrote: »
    @danwootton:

Chart disaster for Nadine Coyle. She's only No 35 in the midweek charts, selling just 3212 copies of Insatiable so far

Messy Little Raindrops is #1 atm.

Dan Wooton's vile. But hardly surprising considering what newspaper he works for.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    Cheryl said no. Didn't want to be upstaged in the singing department by her (ex) bandmate.

Do you actually have a source for that, or is it just what you want to believe?
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord knows what happenned in regards to the Xfactor. Lets hope airplay improves or she has a smash hit second single.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    Cheryl said no. Didn't want to be upstaged in the singing department by her (ex) bandmate.

Ah yes. Because The X Factor has a long history of supporting acts with no connection to Syco, no major label deal, no airplay and no previous hits.

If Cheryl wasn't a judge on the show, nobody would have ever mentioned it as a possibility.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine has, without a doubt, an amazing voice. Her single is terrible, I heard her singing it half an hour ago on Daybreak....but I couldn't even begin to sing any part of it, it's just so unmemorable.

Also, the times I've seen Nadine perform (Daybreak and Paul O'Grady) she has no stage presence and doesn't hold my attention. All that whipping her hair around drives me mad! :D

I'm not the biggest Cheryl Cole fan but to be fair, Promise This was stuck in my head after the first few times I heard it.

Also, I think the Teco thing is a mistake. If the album was on iTunes I might be tempted to preview the songs and buy the ones I like,,,but I won't be going to Tesco to buy the whole album.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said (on the ds news page)

"When I get back to Derry I always enjoy a good fry-up that my mum makes. That's my big weakness."

But on Graham Norton radio 2 this week she said her parents live in LA with her sister (and basically most of her family)
  • Options
    timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    She said (on the ds news page)

"When I get back to Derry I always enjoy a good fry-up that my mum makes. That's my big weakness."

But on Graham Norton radio 2 this week she said her parents live in LA with her sister (and basically most of her family)

Feel bad for her, she has a better voice than cheryl cole.
    It just shows publicity is everything!

She should have collaborated on her first single
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has sold 117 physical cd sales on monday.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc822 wrote: »
    She has sold 117 physical cd sales on monday.

trust digital spy and the sun to fabricate the story...

she sold 3.2k downloads, 100 physicals

cheryl yes sold 26k downloads but she also sold just 500 physicals

MORAL OF STORY
    no one buy physicals apart from die hard fans and even they prefer downloads

just shows if digital spy can add any negative to a story they will, the same goes for the sun.

Granted not doing great at 35, but they are misleading people in thinking she's only sold 100 copies of the single overall by the title!
  • Options
    Conall CearnachConall Cearnach Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think releasing the album exclusively with Tescos is going to be a mistake. Last year KISS released their Sonic Boom album exclusively with Walmart and it went to No.2 in the US only to be pipped at the post by Michael Buble. These supermarkets can afford massive campaigns so I fully expect her album to do reasonably well. Maybe not a massive hit but I'd expect it to go top 5 and hang round the top 10 for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheryl yes sold 26k downloads but she also sold just 500 physicals

Of what?, rumour has it her album is flopping slightly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything is flopping
  • Options
    -Jodie--Jodie- Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her midweek is now #26.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes gone up slightly. i reckon she will end up number 16.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Cheryl's album is expected to sell around 70k apparently. Idon't think thats right.

Not bad for Nadine, hopefully tomorrows update will see her in the top 15, yes?
  • Options
    NeonopticNeonoptic Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The track is just 29p from the Tesco MP3 store....I'm buying! :D
  • Options
    ChemistryladChemistrylad Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its hardly a flop. A flop would be charting at #41 or something - but she's now #26 and #21 on itunes. Maybe people should stop comparing her every move to Cheryl. I like Cheryl and her music, I bought her album but she can barely sing live in tune. All she has to do is sit on her arse for 4 hours every weekend and voice her pointless opinions on performers who actually have to sing live. What other promo has she done? I find it quite sickening actually that she has only performed her single once and managed to get a number one. But what can you do
  • Options
    nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MORAL OF STORY
    no one buy physicals apart from die hard fans and even they prefer downloads

I prefer CDs to downloads. I buy hundreds of CDs (including dozens of CD singles) a year, I think I've only ever bought 2 or 3 mp3s.

I'd have bought a physical copy of Nadine's single, if (a) I could've bought it somewhere sensible online - I'm not trekking down to Tesco for it, and (b) the B-side was on the single (it's not, it's only on iTunes).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What label is she on?

And the single is only being distributed in Tesco's?

Considering she's had barely any radio/video play, promotion and lack of distribution, it's a miracle she's even in the top 40.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    She has to get a Top 20 single, or it is a flop for her after all Girls Aloud had all those Top 10 hits didn't they, well apart from St trinians...