anyone bought the advertised non stick frying pan?

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
The advertised frying pan, from asda, and most good outlets,, the one where it shows plastic being melted in the pan, and it will not stick. has anyone bought it. reason i need a new non stick pan, thanks for good responses.

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a plastic omelette. Never again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    If you are on about the Regis stoneware pans, then they are supposed to be very good.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are on about the Regis stoneware pans, then they are supposed to be very good.

thanks.. the one advertised was i think £25
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advertised frying pan, from asda, and most good outlets,, the one where it shows plastic being melted in the pan, and it will not stick. has anyone bought it. reason i need a new non stick pan, thanks for good responses.

I've had one of these for 30 years. It's still as good as the day I bought it, the "non stick" can never wear off and the heat distribution is excellent. Well worth paying more.
    Forum Member
    thanks.. the one advertised was i think £25

Have a read of the reviews on Amazon.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have a read of the reviews on Amazon.

it always amazes me, what ever you want to buy, if you read the reviews first you never buy anthing.. people say the product is fantastic, others say it complete rubbish.. well it must be one or the other,, or do people deliberately lie, giving reviews..??
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure one you mean but DONT buy a ceramic one. We bought one about a year ago when they were fairly new and it was total rubbish and all the food stuck to it after a few uses.
    Forum Member
    it always amazes me, what ever you want to buy, if you read the reviews first you never buy anthing.. people say the product is fantastic, others say it complete rubbish.. well it must be one or the other,, or do people deliberately lie, giving reviews..??

You have to look at what they are on balance. My other half is terrible on Trip Advisor when we are booking a holiday as if there is only one bad review amongst a sea of good ones, she thinks it's going to be terrible there.