Options

VM TV On Demand Query

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
Forum Member
I am a customer of Virgin Media - previously had the tv xl package, syandard phone and 1mb broadband and have just updated my package to the VIP package.
On on demand I have lost quite a few of the free packages I previously add. I was watching ALias series 4 and 5 and had got up to episode 14 by the weekend, i have gone back on to watch it now and only have the first four episodes available free, and nothing else is available - this has also happened to Greys Anatomy - Is anyone else having this problem. They are coming to install my V+ box on Friday, will this be sorted by then. I have also got my shiny new cable modem on 10mb but am only getting 1mb still - does anyone know if this sorts itself out once the engineer has been - or do i wait until the bill comes and this gets sorted out? cheers for any advice!

Tony

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine is having his V+ installed friday also (and his BB upped to 10meg).

His Broadband is still on 2meg though, so I imagine it all gets done at the same time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cheers for that info - now just need t ofind out about this on demand thing -driving me mad - wanted to watch alias tonight but they have all vanished! lol - hopefully fixed by the weekend, hey?

Tony :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    Are you definately looking at on demand, and not virgin central? I've noticed that virgin central seems to have things missing compared to the actual on demand section.

For example, Spooks. There were (the last time I looked) only 4 episodes from series 4 on virgin central, but go into the main on demand section and they're all there, from series 4 AND 3, and all free!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    have tried tv hits / drama / alias and greys anatomy - and through a-z - only giving me four episodes - same as on virgin central - must be a problem - strange - not to worry -I am sure it will fix it self!

Tony
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    The Broadband should be upgraded from when you ring them IIRC. Mine was from a few hours after I spoke to them.

Speed tests show me getting 9.97mb (so close enough) and im downloading files at 1.17mb p/s from certain servers like fileplanet and rapidshare!!! :)
  • Options
    sxbsxb Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    NTUStudent wrote:
    Are you definately looking at on demand, and not virgin central? I've noticed that virgin central seems to have things missing compared to the actual on demand section.

For example, Spooks. There were (the last time I looked) only 4 episodes from series 4 on virgin central, but go into the main on demand section and they're all there, from series 4 AND 3, and all free!

I had the whole of series 4 available until VC started, then it was replaced with just the first 3 episodes (its now crept up to 5 but its not exactly a good ad for VoD). The 2 versions were in the A-Z for a couple of days (full series and VC version), then the full series vanished

I'd call them to complain but don't fancy spending a week on the phone! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    . I have also got my shiny new cable modem on 10mb but am only getting 1mb still - does anyone know if this sorts itself out once the engineer has been - or do i wait until the bill comes and this gets sorted out? cheers for any advice!

Tony
    Should be upped within half hour of phoning.
    Have you tried rebooting your existing modem by unplugging it for 30 seconds. (If you have your own router attatched also you may need to reboot this too).

HTH
    Frankie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    On my V+ box alias is Series 4 22 episodes
    alias series 4 7 episodes
    Alias series 5 17 episodes

Greys Anatomy series 1 8 episodes
    " " " " 14 episodes
    " " " 4 episodes
  • Options
    spacepostmanspacepostman Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Babylon 5 was available?
    I can't see it anywhere!
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Babylon 5 series 1 is available and viewable to me, though I am still on the Telewest menu
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is One Tree Hill added to the Teleport TV? because i can't seem to find it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well, getting there now - the tv on demand has been solved with the v+ box -so plenty of alias now!
    The broadband is st ill not fixed - after one call to the broadband people i was cut off entirley , and engineer called for monday -a nd i have now had t otre ring them to get my degraded service put back on - in addition to this VM completely cocked up the billing -and i have now got a credit of 200 pounds on the account allegedly - I will wait to see and keep you updated - it goes form one mistake to another! lol

Tony
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    access it via the tvchoice area in your guide mate...it's all there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it's not there. I'm former ntl Manchester and have an ordinary box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahh so now it seems ex Telewest and ex NTL customers are getting different things depending where they live! No wonder there's no official list of OnDemand content available from Virgin Media as it's dependant where you are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    ahh so now it seems ex Telewest and ex NTL customers are getting different things depending where they live! No wonder there's no official list of OnDemand content available from Virgin Media as it's dependant where you are.

Mine is so slow I watch 1/2 hour via freeview while I wait for it to move. Best channel is "try again later" it keeps offering it!

What is up for offer changes by the hour ( ex NTL)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I thought episodes of the closer and nip tuck were available on virgin central or vod?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Theengineer has been and says that I have around a 6meg connection and cannot do anything else for me - i have just run a test on broadbandchoices.co.uk andit is saying that I have

Broadband Choices
    Is your internet running slowly even though you’ve bought an 8Mb connection? Use our Speed Test service to see what speed your broadband is really achieving.

Thank you for carrying out your speed test with BroadbandChoices, your results are shown below:

Your estimated download speed is: 1,559 kbits/sec - (1.52Mb) - (195 KBytes/sec)
    You told us your speed was Up to 10Mb and your ISP: Virgin Media
    Check Again? Or why not upgrade to a 24Mb broadband package?

I am sure I am being fleeced here - do any of you know if this is the case - the engineer has left his mobile -should I ring it, or am i making a mistake?

Cheers for your feedback guys

Tony
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I downgraded fromn 10meg, as I never got a 10meg connection!
    Refused to pay for something I wasn't getting.
    Downgraded to 4meg, and sometimes I get a 6 meg connection!

From the same site Tony mentioned....

* Your estimated download speed is: 5,282 kbits/sec - (5.16Mb) - (660 KBytes/sec)

* You told us your speed was Up to 4Mb and your ISP: Virgin Media
  • Options
    HorizonHorizon Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Babylon 5 was available?
    I can't see it anywhere!
    Have the 1st "series" of B5 here too, eps 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 11. I guess the rest of the episodes have teleported away...Either that or vm's staff who organise the vod content are sniffing space dust or something.
  • Options
    tommyd1258tommyd1258 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    All my BBC programmes from Pick of the Week/Catch Up TV have gone.

On Demand doesn't even work on the upstairs TV, and yesterday didn't work on the downstairs either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    tommyd1258 wrote:
    All my BBC programmes from Pick of the Week/Catch Up TV have gone.

On Demand doesn't even work on the upstairs TV, and yesterday didn't work on the downstairs either.
    i have the same problem. i only got virgin installed last week and was really enjoying the on demand weekly stuff. i am in Bournemouth. my mum is in yorkshire and hers is there. very strange