Options

Getting Blackberry fixed on Virgin

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello
The optical trackpad on my blackberry curve has stopped working. My mom rang up Virgin and told them about it, and they said they'll send out a replacement, which will be a refurbished one. I don't really want a refurbished one and I'd rather just keep my own, as everything else on it works fine and I know that people can fix the buttons by themself as there are videos of it on Youtube and other tutorials.

Does Virgin offer a service to fix phones or do I have to have a replacement?

Comments

• Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you want a refurbished phone? They normally come with the same warranty as brand new phones and are tested prior to being sent out. When my old iPhone 3G had an issue I was given a refurb and never had any problems with it, similarly my iMac is a refurb.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    the same thing has happened to my curve :(
    what did you decide to do? have you been sent out a new phone?

thankyou
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Virgin is a nightmare to deal with. My friend got the £10 BlackBerry and despite numerous promises it hasn't had a BB service from the day it arrived. I've been there when she's phoned up and complained, then promised BB service within 24 hours and it is still not working. They even told her it was suspended because she had used up her credit - it's a contract phone that has never been activated.

To top it all her husband is seriously ill in hospital and Virgin are the last straw for her. How they get awards for customer service beats me.
  • Options
    Mint_TeaMint_Tea Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Jim Casy wrote: »
    Virgin is a nightmare to deal with. My friend got the £10 BlackBerry and despite numerous promises it hasn't had a BB service from the day it arrived. I've been there when she's phoned up and complained, then promised BB service within 24 hours and it is still not working. They even told her it was suspended because she had used up her credit - it's a contract phone that has never been activated.

To top it all her husband is seriously ill in hospital and Virgin are the last straw for her. How they get awards for customer service beats me.

Whilst I sympathise with your friend, one would assume they get customer service rewards because the majority of their customers are happy with the service they receive. I think you will struggle to find any network that doesn't have it's share of disgruntled customers for one reason or another, that's just life.